> Important news
scottish2 
  Posted: 10-Apr-2002, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Hi All

I just received a newsletter tonight from the libertarian party on a new bill being done in the senate. To read the full text of this bill goto the senates website http://www.senate.gov and scroll down just a small amount and where it says by number enter this into the box s2048 and hit go and it will give you the text of this bill. It is something we ALL need to oppose with all out might and voice. To write your senator also goto the site above and selected either by state or alphabetical and find your senators site and contact info.

We must stand together and make sure they do not let this bill pass into law!  :{

Drop me a note if you have any questions on this!
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 11-Apr-2002, 05:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Just making sure this doesn't get buried as it's important to all listeners of the station. Laws like this bill is trying to become could impact even the station eventaully given enoug power it could stop all good things in the name of the all might buck for big Corporate America. We all have to voice our opinion and say NO MORE! :{
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
  Posted: 11-Apr-2002, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

can someone translate that into not-so-specific-english, please? this political languade is something I'm unable to read...  :(
but those things I understood are a shame... why is everything governed by money in our days??? (cry)

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 11-Apr-2002, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well will try in the few seconds I have before heading out.

Basically from what I get from this is that the government is basically going to force companies to make equipment that you can't copy items into digital form such as MP3 files and such or make a copy of a CD and have even heard in another post here ( Click here for article ) that some of these new copyright protection if you even play a CD on your system it might crash it. But this is totally outrageous. Suppose you want to make a special CD for yourself containing songs from numerous albums that you like and you want it all on a sigle CD this new law if passed would prevent you from doing just that.

Give you a good example why you might want to do this. You're going on a trip and you want to take a CD with you containing 150 songs (Mind you depending on song length I can fit upto a possible 225-250 files on one CD) but for this you want to take 150 songs with you for that long flight to Scotland  :)  Now lets says each song is on a different album just to go really wild. Why should you not be able to take those 150 songs and put them onto a single disk? Instead if this gets passed you will then have to carry 150 separate disks with you because you won't be able to copy songs even for your own personal use from your own CDs you have bought and paid for.

Now you choose 1 disk containing 150 (Or more) files or 150 disks. Which would you rather carry with you on that long flight?

This is what we need to stop. Congress has written law to copyright things. The RIAA now can take things to court if they want to protect the songs but this would effectively screw (Pardon me ladies) everyone no matter where you come from in the world if you have a US made or item sold in the US. This might even impact online radio stations such as highlander radio because of how the law would work. We cannot let BIG Corporate America win out again. It is time we as a people put our foot down and tell them (Big Corporate America) where to go. Boycott buying CD's. Refuse to buy an item that may limit your use of it. If need be take classes on how to build your own computers (It's both fun and very useful :D ) and then build a computer to your liking and not Big Corporate America's liking. Big Corporate America does not run this country it is a Government by the PEOPLE for the PEOPLE and for all the PEOPLE!

PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
  Posted: 11-Apr-2002, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

Thank you very much for explaining that! :D

Well as a European I can say that I think it is nonsense what they are doing. When someone invents something new to prevent things frome copying then somebody else will invent a way to get over that!
But it affects everyone throughout the whole world who wants to buy a CD, due to the fact that most CD's are distributed by American companies.  :(
Sometimes I wonder where Globalisation will lead us...

I will protest against that bill. But not only because it could affect my new favourite radio station as well as all the other stations, also because it affects the whole world. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not against Globalisation, only against a few aspects of it.  :{
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 11-Apr-2002, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well make sure to specify your country. 10-1 it won't make that big a difference being he will probably only care what US Citizens say (if even that) but the more the voices the better.

As for Globalisation I am against this in part because of issues I have with NATO. No offense to other countries I love traveling abroad when I get the chance but we're not talking other countries per say with Globalisation  we're talking politics so big difference. I would be quite a bit more worried if that happened with issues about our federal constitutional rights and such. It's bad enough with a government sworn to uphold our rights violates it but would be even worse with a country whose not sworn to protect my rights and the rights of every other American and peace loving country.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 11-Apr-2002, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

I think Dave hits it on the nail about corporate America. It has definitely swung to far in their favor and it is now time to swing back to the people. Take a look at ENRON and how all those greedy selfish executives stole all of those employees retirement funds.

There seems to be an opinion that the American consumer, and for that matter, the world consumer is guilty before being proven innocent, when it comes to copyrights and making copies of music, dvd's. I for one am not distributing illegal mp3's, movies, or pirating software, so why do I have to be penalized because a small percentage of the people decide to make it difficult for us paying customers! :{

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 12-Apr-2002, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

This I know is going to be off topic for the forum but makes me fume so much I can't just sit quietly on this. This will only effect our American users and unfortunately only they can help.

As some of you know I am into political issues my main concern in this country is our tax system. (My view it's unconstitutional) Think about it the IRS comes to audit you. Do you ask them where their search warrant is? (4rth amendment) Do you voluntarily file a return? Ever read the privacy notice in the 1040 instructions? If not get your instruction booklet. Now open I believe to page 53 and you will see the booklets privacy notice. If you always just wiz on through and fill out the form because you just want to get it done take a minute and read this noticed not placed in the front where it should be for all to see first thing but burried in the middle of everything hiding from the view of most. Read it and note clearly it says you have to voluntarily answer you can be held criminally liable (5th amendment issues involved here) and on and on. Does this not sound to you like a police Miranda warning? I know it does to me.

Back in 1998 congress had hearings because of aledged IRS abuses. Needless to say the IRS was found guilty and severly limited in it's powers after that because of these abuses. Now this morning I read the following article where some of congress now seem to want to unleash this monster yet again to terrorize taxpayers into compliance saying current the IRS is to much of a wimp

http://www.fortune.com/indexw.....=207102

We cannot let this happen. Here are a few quotes from the opening few lines of this article

A few years ago it seemed everyone had a horror story about the IRS, and some were pretty odious. There was the priest who was hounded for thousands of dollars on his mother's estate because he filed the wrong form; the restaurant that was closed for five months over what turned out to be a false tip about tax fraud; and the 6-year-old whose bank account was seized to help pay her parents' overdue tax bill (the IRS got $26).

$26 from a 6 year old. These are just a few examples of why the IRS was put on a leash and it deserves to stay on it's leash.

Recently a group put a petition into congress (This was early last year) and congress ignored the petition. Then last July the groups leader and one of it's members fasted on the Washington Mall for roughly 20 days and then Congressman Roscoe Bartlett of Maryland came to his aid and accepted the petition promising hearings that would answer all the questions (I believe over 400 questions) the group had on the very legality and constitutionality of the Federal Income Tax system everything from ratification issues to legal and constitutional issues. Well that went as planned until Sept 11th. Then the group themselves requested a postponement of the hearings until at least Oct well on Oct 12 the congressman wrote this letter to the group

http://www.bostonteaparty2.org/bartlett/bartlett.html

Note in the second paragraph he clearly states it is his DUTY to accept the petition and answer as an elected official. Because he has sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution including the first amendments right of the people to petition congress for a redress of greivances.

Then on January 17th the congressman makes a lame excuse and violates what he just a few months before considered his duty http://www.bartlett.house.gov/newsarticle.asp?RecordID=134.

Needless to say the hearings went on without the governments presence. My main question is this.

If it's all legal and constitutional what are they so afraid of with a few (even a few hundred) questions? Should they not have all the proof to back their claims it is legal? Yet they remain silent? Silence when there is a duty to answer can only be equate with fraud or deceit. If it was legal they would answer in a heart beat just to shut the people asking the questions up. Yet it is the government remaining silent not the people.

Anyways here is the article that got me so infuriated.

http://www.fortune.com/indexw.....=207102

Once again I urge you to write your congressmen/women and complain about this. DO not let them unleash the most destructive force this country has ever seen within it's borders. Because this forces goes against everything this country stands for. It use to be in this country that a mere 5% tax would cause civil war and major revolts against the tax. Now we get taxed almost 50% with all the multitude of taxes from Income to gas to airline tickets to buying a new car and to sales tax and on and on. Almost 50% of your hard earned money goes elsewhere and not neccessarily to our government but to other places. Like a few years ago we sent millions if not billions to Mexico to support it's failing Peso now instead of paying that back we get a flood of illegal immigrants to this country as payback. How about funds sent to places in asia and russia to support them. Where is congress given permission to send our money to suport other nations? I know of no where in the constitution that this is authorized in fact taxation clauses are clear how the money is to be used and not one word of it says they can support other nations. How many programs inside the US borders either violates or stretches to the limit our Constitution? Think of it folks this should be getting you quite upset. Most do not think of these questions and issues because it has gone on for so long. But it's time as Paul agreed we take back control of this government from the greedy Big Corporate America and force Congress to uphold the Constitution and the people. Corporations should not be allowed 1 red cent of tax money. They choose to goto into business if they fail in it why should you or I support them this way. If you feel they need to be supported that is what contributions are for. But congress has no right to float loans to every failing Corporation if they (The corporations) fail it's their own fault not mine or yours why should we have to bail them out?????

OK enough I am starting to rant as getting quite upset as I usually get when writing stuff like this as it gets me thinking.

Once again sorry about this but just got me so ticked off I could not just sit by and not say something before this happen. Congress cannot and should not unleash the beast! I urge you to contact your congressmen/women and urge them not to unleash the beast.

http://www.house.gov
http://www.senate.gov

Thank you!

Yours in freedom
Scottish2
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 15-Apr-2002, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

Scottish2 do not be sorry for having passion of your convictions. It was such that has always that has always made this country great.  
As for great rip offs how about the pension plan for congress people compared to Social Secerity.  If we want it fixed take the congresses pension plan.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 15-Apr-2002, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Thanks for the support you'd be in shock if I went into detail of the mounting amount of evidence against the current tax system.

And on your post no what we need to do is take away their entire piggy bank. We have an option I believe to publiclly recall bad public officials yet it's so rartely done.

Term limits are a biggie. Congress doesn't want to limit it's terms because obviously then they would loose out. But I think we really need to push for term limits. I know my states got one of the worst in Senator Strom Thurmond. He was relected last term because he was one term short of a record and that was the main running point but with him now being somewhere around as old as mathusala (Actually around 100 years old) I have heard he won't run again and I will be quite upset if he does he and our other senator have been in almost 100 years combined it's time for fresh blood.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 19-Apr-2002, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hi Gang. KY happened to mention on my forum how mad the news sometimes makes her and I had to agrey. Saw this morning an article on the Oil drilling issue in Alaskan in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) and it appauled me with a comment someone (Can't remember name) said that drilling in the ANWR would HELP the animals. Who the heck in their right mind would say by destroying the Earth we are helping the animals? So I decided to post this here and thought some of you might find it an interesting even if fictious speech. Not sure how accurate the numbers are but a lot of what is said bare to ring true so...It's from the movie On Deadly Ground with Steven Seagal

Steven Seagal's Character Forrest Taft:

I'd like to start out by saying thank you to all the brothers and sisters that have come here today representing this cause. I have been asked  by Mr. Etok and the tribal counsel to speak you and the members of the press about the injustice that has been brought against us by some government officials and big business. How many of you out there have heard about alternative engines Engines that can run on anything from alcohol to garbage or water or carburetors that can get 100's of miles to the gallon or electric or magnetic engines that can practically run forever. You don't know about them because if they were to come into use they'd put the oil companies out of business. The concept of the internal combustion engine has been obsolete for over 50 years, but because of the oil cartels and corrupt government regulations we and the rest of the world have been forced to use gas for over 100 years. Big business is primarily responsible  for destroying the water we drink, the air we breathe and the food we eat. They have no cure for the world they destroy Only for the money they make in the process. How many oil spills can we endure? Millions and Millions of gallons of oil are now destroying the ocean and the many forms of life it supports, among these is plankton, which  supplies 60-90% of the Earth's oxygen, supports the entire marine ecosystem which forms the basis of our planets food supply, but the plankton is dying.

I thought well lets go to some remote state or country anywhere on Earth, but in doing a little research I realized that these people broker toxic waste all over the world and they basically control the legislation and in fact they control the law. The law says no company can be fined over $25,000 a day, for companies making $10 million a day by dumping lethal toxic waste into the ocean it's only good business to continue doing this. They influence the media so they control our minds. They have made it a crime to speak out for ourselves and if we do so we're called conspiracy nuts and we're laughed at. We're angry because we're all being chemically and genetically damaged and we don't even realize it, unfortunately this will effect our children. We go to work each day and right under our noses we see our car and the car in front of us spewing noxious and poisonous gases, that are all accumulative poisons. These poisons kill us slowly even when we see no effect. How many of us would have believed that if we were told 20 years ago that on a certain day we would'nt be able to see 50 feet in front of us? That we would'nt be able to take a deep breathe because the air would be a mass of poisonous gas, that we wouldn't be able to drink out of our faucets that we would have to buy our water out of bottles. The most common god given rights have been taken from us, unfortunately the  reality of our life is so grime nobody wants to hear it. Now I've been asked what we can do. I think we need a responsible body of people that can actually represent us rather then big business. This body of people must not allow the introduction of anything into our environment that is not absolutely biodegradable or able to be chemically neutralize upon production. And finally as long as there is profit to be made from the polluting of our Earth, companies and individuals will continue to do what they want. We must force these companies to operate safely and responsibly and with all our best interest in mind so that when they don't we can take back our resources and our hearts and our minds and do what's right!.

Eskimo Indian Chief:

Ebasna the Great Spirt I ask you to bless all the people here, and our grandmas, our grandpas, and the little ones. We have our full directions and I want to bless the future generations and the Indian nation for our people to be strong again. Spotted Eagle The Earth is our grandmother.

(Scenery note: It then fades to pristine Alaskan snow capped mountains. Then onto an Alaskan Lake with a canoe. Sitting in the canoe are Forrest Taft and The Indian Girl  (Masu) who helped him. Then high above is a Raven (Spirit form of Masu's murdered Father (Also a chief)) flying free.)

Sort of has to make you stop and think! Instead of endangering the Earth even more why not find alternatives instead of polluting autos and such find less threatening ways to travel. Here is a link to what I found on Google about the ANWR

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22ANWR%22
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
  Posted: 19-Apr-2002, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

Mankind is too careless with the Earth.
I like the saying that we only borrowed the Earth from our children. There's much truth in it. But we didn't only borrow Earth from our children but also from our grandchildren and the generations that will follow them.

This morning I read in the newspaper that the global warming can't be stopped. I was sad to read that. We should have taken more effort in reducing the emission of CO2.
The EU agreed to the contract of Kyoto, to decrease the emission of CO2 but sadly not all nations did.

Also I read in the newspaper that President Bush didn't get the permission to dig for oil in Alaska. Perhaps that is a small step to save the resources of the Earth but I'm far to pessimistic in that matter to say that the oil-resources of Alaska will be save with that. It is sad but money reigns the world. If someone will pay enough than perhaps even those oil-fields will be made accessible.

Sometimes I wonder where this all will end.

Winamp just turned on the right song: "A Day In The Life" by the Beatles.

How much is a human life worth? I mean: doctors take all efforts to save someone who'd nearly be killed in an Explosion on Djerba (Tunesia) and in Africa children are suffering from AIDS, cholera, Hunger and Thirst. Who has the right to live?

And do I have the right to judge that?

More intelligent men thought about that too and didn't come to any solution. So how should I?
I should stop here, because else I'm thinking too much and get depressed again. :(
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 19-Apr-2002, 04:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

At least your eyes are open to it all Aon. I am amazed how many times I talk to some people and they just don't get or do not want to hear the clear FACTs. People unfortuinately will see it only when they think it will impact them but they fail to see while they ignore the FACT's it is getting to a poiont it cannot be reduced. Unfortunately the people who are the kley to stopping it won't because of greed. What we need to do is force auto makers world wide to no longer produce internal comustion engines. As the quote I gave proves all are a vialble alternative to the smnog mosters we have today and need to be brought into action before we kill the Earth for generations to come if not forever all within the span of about 200 years.
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 21-Apr-2002, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

Aon, what you've said is so true.  Living here in Alaska I see what could happen if they open ANWR up to drilling.  I for one am VERY apposed to it.  I hate to think what would happen to all the wild life if they did.  We DO need to preserve the Carabou heards for our children's children's children.

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
scottish2 
Posted: 21-Apr-2002, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I think one piece of legislation that must come to the table is that no sort of evirormental damage can be done in protected areas and once an area is protected such as ANWR it can NEVER be removed from protected status that way it is protected from such people like Bush who care little for the envirorment and only for the all mighty buck.

I get sick of this whole thing. In fact was watching a movie Paul probably likes being a trekie like myself was Star Trek First Contact and part of this raise the issue of cost of the Enterprise E and the Captain said they didn't have money in the future that all mankind worked for the betterment of all. And I think once we get rid of the pigs in this world that are power hungry and fgreed mongers then we can move to a system like that where greed is not the main motivator of mankid. Why is it we should all fight for small pieces of paper and small coins. It's sick to fight for such things.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]