Irishheart22 
  Posted: 02-Mar-2008, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

female

Hi everyone!
Someone at this general site suggested I pursue my inquiry here.
What I'm looking for are leather, Celtic (or Irish)-designed braces & greaves. Leather braces & greaves are armor for the lower arms & legs. Ususally medieval or earlier in origin. I've only found one place online that has Celtic designed leather braces...but they don't have any matching Celtic designed leather greaves!

Our family comes from a long line of Irish families...Joyce, Connelly & O'Connor...and my son (Michael) has an intense interest in anything Gaelic, Irish, Celtic, etc. as a result of his family lineage. He also has a great interest in anything of military, armor, swords, histories & chess pieces that are from Gaelic, Irish, Celtic origins. His grey/green-eyed and red-haired appearance makes it pretty obvious what his ethnic origins are. Michael has overcome so many obstacles in his life. He's doing quite well in school & is his schools' number one track & field athlete...despite being born premature, needing a breathing monitor machine and physical therapy, the ADHD and our family history that he's survived. I'm proud of his accomplishments. Now that his 18th birthday is here, I'd like to do something special, unique, for him. That's where the braces & greaves come in. I'd like to find some leather Celtic (or Irish)-designed braces & greaves, (that would fit his measurements of course!) as his birthday gift from his mom, for this milestone special birthday. Though I'm on Soc. Sec. Disability I could afford them as long as they aren't too expensive.

Can anyone help me in my search? I've done an extensive online search myself but I'm open to any suggestions or concrete leads to my inquiries. I'd appreciate it very much if anyone could help me out here. Thank you ever so much for any assistance and/or suggestions any of you all can provide.
sincerely, Ms. Diana
PMEmail Poster               
Givefuturn 
Posted: 30-Aug-2016, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Irishheart22 @ 02-Mar-2008, 10:44 PM)
Hi everyone!
Someone at this general site suggested I pursue my inquiry here.
What I'm looking for are leather, Celtic (or Irish)-designed braces & greaves. Leather braces & greaves are armor for the lower arms & legs. Ususally medieval or earlier in origin. I've only found one place online that has Celtic designed leather braces...but they don't have any matching Celtic designed leather greaves!

Our family comes from a long line of Irish families...Joyce, Connelly & O'Connor...and my son (Michael) has an intense interest in anything Gaelic, Irish, Celtic, etc. as a result of his family lineage. He also has a great interest in anything of military, armor, swords, histories & chess pieces that are from Gaelic, Irish, Celtic origins. His grey/green-eyed and red-haired appearance makes it pretty obvious what his ethnic origins are. Michael has overcome so many obstacles in his life. He's doing quite well in school & is his schools' number one track & field athlete...despite being born premature, needing a breathing monitor machine and physical therapy, the ADHD and our family history that he's survived. I'm proud of his accomplishments. Now that his 18th birthday is here, I'd like to do something special, unique, for him. That's where the braces & greaves come in. I'd like to find some leather Celtic (or Irish)-designed braces & greaves, (that would fit his measurements of course!) as his birthday gift from his mom, for this milestone special birthday. Though I'm on Soc. Sec. Disability I could afford them as long as they aren't too expensive.

Can anyone help me in my search? I've done an extensive online search myself but I'm open to any suggestions or concrete leads to my inquiries. I'd appreciate it very much if anyone could help me out here. Thank you ever so much for any assistance and/or suggestions any of you all can provide.
sincerely, Ms. Diana

that was very interesting. have you tried looking in a museum and asked them for any idea on how you can find what you are looking for? i totally bet they can help you.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]