Posted: 20-Nov-2006, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

I disagree with you saying that the anti-Christ is a state of mind and not a man but it does make sense. I do agree that the stage is not fully set. The atrocities the Jews got heaped upon them during WW2 is still fresh in many peoples minds. I mean what did the Jews do to diserve that. My neighbors father saw it with his own eyes during the war and is still affected by it.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
haynes9 
Posted: 20-Nov-2006, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Interesting thoughts all - even from you, John wink.gif !

Scripture seems to indicate the Antichrist is a gentile (non-Jew) and possibly European. There are many things that we have now that make the possibility of his rise more plausible. I, too, believe he is an individual. I do not believe he is Judas reincarnated, though I have good friend that hold to that view. I also tend to think he is active in government today, but that we will not know his identity until after the rapture.

BTW, Nova, I agree that the rapture is pretribulational (Sorry all about the overuse of theological terms).

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 27-Nov-2006, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

You know speaking of the "end times", I use to get mad when I heard people mocking men of God and calling them evil. Well now I comfort myself that it's only the sign of the times. I hear Christian and non-Christians on a lot of the CR message boards blasting Israel, Pat Robertson, etc. Well, I don't totally agree with Rev. Robertson and Israels behavior in the past has been questionable. Well all I can say is it's just one more piece to the puzzle. What is sad is all those around the world who mock Christianity, men of God, and condem Israel, if the rapture occurs in their life time, they'll all unfortunately. However, they'll be in a better position then those who have died. Those who are dead can't repent. I do my best to stay out of arguments over preachers and if I don't care for a certain man of God, I keep my mouth closed. They are still commissioned by God for God. Just remember when David had the chance to kill Saul ? And why he didn't? Saul, as evil as he was was was still Gods anointed and David knew that. I try to remember that when I hear a preacher I disagree with. But hey these are the last days and I'm excited.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 27-Nov-2006, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 27-Nov-2006, 09:36 PM)
. What is sad is all those around the world who mock Christianity, men of God, and condem Israel, if the rapture occurs in their life time, they'll all unfortunately.

I was pulled away and didn't finish my thought here. As I was saying, If the repture occurs in their life time, they'll all unfortunately remember what was told to them. Many will make excuses but many will seek God at that point. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Celtic cat 
Posted: 04-Dec-2006, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

First of all, I have nothing against the Jewish faith or Israel, honestly I don't really know what is happening right now over there. But I find something contradictory here. Some of you are saying sorta that God will punish the non-believers of Christ, and that God will end the world because of anti-semitism. I am not sure but someone mentioned that in the Bible it states that the end of times is near when Israel is destroyed. So why would God end the world in defense of His people the Israelites...and persecute Jews for not believing in Jesus?..I say this only because I have heard many people say that Jews are going to hell. I don't personally believe that but hey. Seems like the Old testament and New contradict each other if what everyone is saying is true. btw I am not trying to be conflicting just genuinely confused. Someone show me some verses please. thanks

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Dec-2006, 11:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Hi Celtic Cat The whole process is very hard to explain because there are so many different viewpoints about the end of the world and how it will happen. I doing this purley from memory so my timeline might be out of wack abit. Before WWII nobody like the Jewish people. Support for Isreal has been a very big thing since Hal Lindsey book "The Late Great Planet Earth" came out during the late 60-early 70's? Most of the viewpoints you hear about today revolve around this book. His teachings actually date back to an Anglican priest who came up with the theology of the rapture during the 1800's. The time line is usually (1)-Isreal becomes a state which happened in 1949 (2)-the rise of the one world govermentand the antichrist who heads up this 13 nation group. Some have pointed to the UN, other the European Common Market, others russia or China. (1.5 or 2.5) you pick the time for the The Rapture were all the true Christians are taken to heaven takes place either before or after the tribulations started by the antichrist.
(3)New temple is built in Isreal by antichrist to plaese the jews but he uses it as base of operations-commands all to worship him. Jews and christians give him the raspberry.
Seven years of tribulations take place under the antichrist with persecution of Christians if they have not already been raptured or new Christians who are brought to Christ by the 144,000 converted Jews.
Final war betwen Jesus and antichrist.
10,000 year reign of Jesus-final judgement, etc
Gets more complicated from then on. So most of the support for Isreal comes from the belief that they are God's chosen people and you don't mess with God's chosen ones (ex:see Pharoah) and because of the pivitol role that Isreal plays in the all end times scenes. Most evangelical groups, those who are "born again" (was one for 10 years) will follow this end time pattern. More traditional Protestant groups such as the Lutherans (was me) tend to just say-we don't know when-just be ready. Roman Catholics (that's me now) have some elements of it plus a few other things most evangelicals have never even heard of but are probably just as scary. But the theme of an antichrist, a tribulation, and a conversion of Isreal (they shall look upon him whom they have pierced) are present in the scenerios.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 05-Dec-2006, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Recently I heard some republican politician on the radio, saying that the idea of global worming is the greatest Hokes ever perpetrated on the people of these United States. Well as usual, being opened minded. I can’t say that I agree with him, because I think the greatest story ever told, is the greatest Hokes, IE, religion in general. Yea, I know, I’m going to burn in hell for eternity, well so be it!
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 05-Dec-2006, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

Roberto thanks for that information, very helpful. But why do some Christians say that Jews are not going to have salvation, while thoughts here on the forum seem to be that they are the chosen people? thanks again
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 05-Dec-2006, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 05-Dec-2006, 09:08 AM)
Recently I heard some republican politician on the radio, saying that the idea of global worming is the greatest Hokes ever perpetrated on the people of these United States. Well as usual, being opened minded. I can’t say that I agree with him, because I think the greatest story ever told, is the greatest Hokes, IE, religion in general. Yea, I know, I’m going to burn in hell for eternity, well so be it!
JC

Most of us in here all ready know that you think all religion is a hoax JC. Can't you be nice about it and not come in here and try to throw it in our faces. I mean I know that some don't keep it out of other threads. I say if someone says they don't want to hear it, I respect their wishes. This area, Kirk and chaple is not the place to come and not expect to hear about faith and "religion" as you put it. This is a place for Christians to discuss their Faith and yes sometimes it get REAL INTERESTING unsure.gif However, that is what Kirk and Chaple is for. Anyway JC, I love ya anyway! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 05-Dec-2006, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Celtic cat @ 05-Dec-2006, 04:52 PM)
Roberto thanks for that information, very helpful. But why do some Christians say that Jews are not going to have salvation, while thoughts here on the forum seem to be that they are the chosen people? thanks again

For a long time most of Christianity hated the Jews and it was perfectly acceptable. A good example would be Shakespare's Merchant of Venice. Jews and Christians started to not get along about the time that the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D. Christians were kind of protected from Roman authorities because they were still considered a Jewish sect. When they started getting too seperated in theology the two groups went their seperate ways and not on good terms. The seperation meant that Christians were not longer protected under roman law and were then persecuted. So Jewish and Christian relations have always been strained up untill WWII. The Holocast seemed to open the eyes of a lot of Christians but not all. There are many different denominations and types of Christianity and each holds its own view on Jews and their salvation. That is why you get conflicting viewpoints. There are still alot of issues Christians haven't agreed on and this is one of them.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 05-Dec-2006, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

This article is from a Catholic website. I hope it helps better than I can
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1999/9902chap.asp
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 06-Dec-2006, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 05-Dec-2006, 08:08 AM)
JC

The word is "hoax," John. Know you're big on accuracy. Just had to help you out there.

Personally, I would like to see you in Heaven someday. Much of religion is a hoax. Can't disagree with you there. But not all folks who profess faith in Christ are fakes and phonies.

I do believe in a literal Hell, but have no pleasure in the thought of anyone going there. That's why I preach what I preach and do what I do to try and get folks to see that there is a Heaven to gain.

Have a good day, my friend. Anxious to hear how the Costa Rica trip goes.
haynes9 
Posted: 06-Dec-2006, 12:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Celtic cat @ 05-Dec-2006, 03:52 PM)

It's kind of difficult to encapsulate this issue. No criticism, though, because you have asked a great question.

God chose Israel through which to perform His work. Of course, Jesus was a Jew and the Bible itself is a Jewish book. The Old and New Testaments do not contradict, but they do show different aspects of God's plan. His way of salvation was always and still is through the Messiah. As a Christian, I believe that is and was Jesus Christ. Most Jews do not believe this.

God has not forgotten Israel and there is still a relationship and a plan of God for Israel. But the way of salvation is something that is made for individuals. I believe the Bible teaches the way of salvation is available to all men, whether Jew or Gentile. The requirements are the same. If a Jew or Gentile (non Jew) receives Christ as their Savior, they have Heaven as their permanent home. For all, Jew or Gentile, who reject His plan of salvation, there are consequences.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it isn't really and "Jew or non Jew" thing. And I also realize that an issue this complicated has been oversimplified (I'm talking about my attempt to explain this). There will come a day in the Tribulation that Israel will be converted as a nation. Another long, drawn out discussion!

I can recommend some works that might go into more detail on this if you like. Drop me a PM or on this forum and I'll give you a list of things that I find helpful on this subject.

Take care and have a great day!
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 07-Dec-2006, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (haynes9 @ 06-Dec-2006, 01:25 AM)
It's kind of difficult to encapsulate this issue. No criticism, though, because you have asked a great question.

God chose Israel through which to perform His work. Of course, Jesus was a Jew and the Bible itself is a Jewish book. The Old and New Testaments do not contradict, but they do show different aspects of God's plan. His way of salvation was always and still is through the Messiah. As a Christian, I believe that is and was Jesus Christ. Most Jews do not believe this.

God has not forgotten Israel and there is still a relationship and a plan of God for Israel. But the way of salvation is something that is made for individuals. I believe the Bible teaches the way of salvation is available to all men, whether Jew or Gentile. The requirements are the same. If a Jew or Gentile (non Jew) receives Christ as their Savior, they have Heaven as their permanent home. For all, Jew or Gentile, who reject His plan of salvation, there are consequences.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it isn't really and "Jew or non Jew" thing. And I also realize that an issue this complicated has been oversimplified (I'm talking about my attempt to explain this). There will come a day in the Tribulation that Israel will be converted as a nation. Another long, drawn out discussion!

I can recommend some works that might go into more detail on this if you like. Drop me a PM or on this forum and I'll give you a list of things that I find helpful on this subject.

Take care and have a great day!

Very well said. I believe God has a plan for EVERYONE to make it to Heaven. Like you said that the Jews will be converted in the end, I believe according to genesis, that the Muslims in the end will all be converted. After all they are followers of a descendent of Abraham. King Hussain of Jordan said before he died after Jordan formally recognized Israel, " I pray the day will come where we will all put down our weapons and be family again".
PMEmail Poster                
John Clements 
Posted: 07-Dec-2006, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Hi Nova, I have to say, how pious of you, to forgive me for being disagreeable, on an open forum? You know, it’s just that sort of demeaning attitude, that puts me off religion in general. But that’s ok, because I forgive you too.

haynes9, thanks for the spelling correction, and, your interest in my up and coming trip to Costa Rica. I can’t wait to go, because I’ve been an avid snorkel diver, since I was a kid, and this will be my first opportunity to go diving, in the mighty Pacific. All though I must say though, I hope I don’t run into any Great Whites out there. I mean, I certainly wouldn’t want the end times to come any sooner for me, then need be.

And now to get back to the subject of the End Times, which I do believe is inevitable, God or no God. Of course I could be wrong, I which case, I guess I’ll be posting from depths hell, but not on this forum, because my head hurts too much, from constantly banging it against the walls of Jericho.

Enjoy yourselves guys, it’s later then you think. (What a great song. I wish I wrote it.)
JC
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]