> Celtic Thunder, It's the guys turn
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Mar-2009, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

I have been listening and watching them and I have come to the conclusion in my own opinion, they all have fantastic voices but I would have to say my favorite beind Damian McGinty. His voice is amazing.

I hope all of you that get to see the band will let us know how the show went.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Megasaxolin 
  Posted: 10-Mar-2009, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (HarkinMusicFan @ 25-Feb-2009, 12:14 AM)
Here's another American who's gone mad for these guys...love, love, LOVE them!!!  thumbs_up.gif

Saw them in concert on November 8, 2008...AWESOME!!!

HarkinMusicFan!! Hey!(CraicN'Megasaxolin of the forum) I have to agree..LOVE those guys to dwarf planet X and back a couple thousand times over. Best night of my life was when I saw them in concert... biggrin.gif walkman.gif (listening to them right now!)
PMEmail Poster               
IrishBeachLassie 
  Posted: 10-Mar-2009, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington Beach, California

female

Dogshirt,
Cute smiley...whatever, they are awesome, I agree, better then Celtic Women, but have you seen them in person, if not, you should!
Nice "h" in the dogshirt by the way!

bash.gif

darlene
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 10-Mar-2009, 11:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Dogshirt,
Cute smiley...whatever, they are awesome, I agree, better then Celtic Women, but have you seen them in person, if not, you should!
Nice "h" in the dogshirt by the way!

Dogshirt is a VERY old family name that goes back over 300 years to the days before my people had horses, when the only domestic animals we had was the dog. There are 4 Dogshirts in my family, and even though my name is Ed, I use it to honor my heritage.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
dundee 
Posted: 11-Mar-2009, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

I got to see Celtic Thunder in january (i think) I did not realize that Phil Coulter was actually the pianist until i got there. the show was very good even things i didnt like i liked. wink.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Mar-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

With Phil Coulter behind them ya can't go wrong. Thanks for that dundee. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
IrishBeachLassie 
  Posted: 11-Mar-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Dogshirt; that's very interesting, I hope I didn't sound dis-respectful!

Rindy; that is so true, Phil Coulter is quite a accomplished artist; I sincerely think CT will be around for some time.

Damien is a quite the yound man, he's going to break a lot of hearts, his voice is amazing, I mean, Come by the Hills is excellent and I have to admit, Bird Without Wings is my favorite. And Keith, wow, everytime I watch their DVD or in concert I feel like a kid falling for the cutest guy in school or something; a definite WOW factor!
darlene
Aurora3223 
Posted: 11-Mar-2009, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Pasadena, Maryland

female

Is anyone going to see them in DC on March 25?

--------------------
Photobucket

"The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing." Socrates

"Far better than any dream girl is one of different blood; one warm, caring and right before your eyes." Grimsby, The Little Mermaid
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
IrishBeachLassie 
Posted: 15-Mar-2009, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Aurora,
I wish I could, live in California; however, have you seen and heard the video from the Luncheon at the Claddaugh Pub; OMG, our young man, Damien, is all grown up! Yes, only 16, but wait till you hear his voice!
Wow!

Aurora3223 
Posted: 16-Mar-2009, 05:35 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Pasadena, Maryland

female

I will have to watch that promptly! Thanks for the info - I can't wait!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
mainopsman 
Posted: 16-Mar-2009, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Dundalk, Maryland

male

I took my daughter and two of my granddaughters to their concert in Baltimore, back in November. One granddaughter was 12 and the other 10. I’m not sure which one of the three enjoyed the concert more, but in addition to the great show, I totally enjoyed watching my daughter and granddaughters have the time of their lives.

I think the older granddaughter has every photo she could find of Damien, in her Celtic Thunder Scrap Book. They have also just about worn out the DVD and two CDs from the amount of times they have played them.

JIM

--------------------
Dedicate some of your life to others. Your dedication will not be a sacrifice. It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end. Dr. Thomas Dooley
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

QUOTE from LeeLee.
Dogshirt Posted on 08-Mar-2009, 07:00 PM
I saw them on PBS. I think they have great potential, and I like them WAY more than Celtic Woman() but I wish they would get away from the Pop Music and do more traditional stuff.

I too watched them on PBS yesterday evening and was informed that they were coming to our City in May.

I lucked out & got tickets to see this wonderful group.....YYYAAAYYYYY!!!! I can't wait

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LeeLee - I have tickets to the May 5th show in Prince George.

I know a lot of people call them overproduced, eye candy, Celtic only by birth - but I like them! To me if you can listen to the music and enjoy it who cares what they look like? I confess that I would like more traditional songs as opposed to The Eagles, The Moody Blues and Paul Anka - not that I don't enjoy them, it's just not celtic!

They can sing & I hope I don't disappoint anyone with this news but Damian never liked singing "Puppy Love" and he is not doing it on this tour. Fear not though ladies, he has a couple of new songs for the tour that won't disappoint.

I quite enjoy the mix of voices and the solos throughout the concerts. They stand strong as a group, but each of them has time in the spotlight as a soloist. I have seen a part of the PBS special and only rave reviews from friends who have already seen the concert. I have heard negative comments too, but I don't know anyone who hasn't had a wonderful time at the concerts!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

gcw57 Posted on 03-Apr-2009, 07:56 PM
LeeLee - I have tickets to the May 5th show in Prince George

That's fantastic, gcw57 smile.gif Aye they are a bonnie, braw bunch of lads. I am mainly going to this concert to hear the traditional Celtic songs I love sung by a very talented group (IMO).

The first time I viewed Celtic Thunder on PBS, it was Young Damian's voice that caught my attention while flipping channels. I had to call my SO over to hear this brilliant clear voice. He was impressed too thumbs_up.gif

Mind you, it did turn my gullet seeing much, much older women cry and call out to Damian when he was singing Puppy Love (eeewwww, get a grip!!!). Yes the young laddie will be a heartbreaker throughout his years.

I too agree with many....Celtic Thunder should stay with the Traditional or new Celtic songs. Four of us will be attending this fine event and plan to continue celebrating thereafter smile.gif beer.gif

Finally, a concert we can enjoy on a Saturday thumbs_up.gif Most of the concerts here tend to be scheduled during a weeknight.....crazy, I know.
PM               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I guess the New york Times music critic just totally bashed the show.
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/New-York-...r-42381807.html
So far the only thing I've like about them is their version of Caledonia. But maybe its just the bagpipes.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
IrishBeachLassie 
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 11:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

OMG; I understand that those of celtic background probably do want them to stick to traditional or new celtic songs; but aren't there many that are doing just that? I think that as a group or solo, they are appealing to all ages and types of music, and I think they are doing a great job. They opened my eyes wider to the beauty of the world and touched my heart more then anything has in all my life, through them, I have met many wonderful friends at home and abroad. The CT lads have my heart for as long as they want it! heart.gif hug.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]