Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dec 7th, 2009, A day that will live in Infamy?
Bookmark and Share
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 07-Dec-2009, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

I understand that today the Navy is officially indicting the 3 Navy SEALS who allegedly gave an Iraqi terrorist a fat lip.

Hero Navy SEALs to be tried for assault

Link to stevenpd thread on this subject: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges, for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

I have read (maybe even here at CR.net) that this whole show trial is all about the Administration slapping down the SEALS for taking out the Somali Pirates during the MV Maersk Alabama hijacking without White House approval.

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 07-Dec-2009, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Mace;

What the hell is the your Navy doing? It is an internal Naval matter subject to the discretion of their Commander and the Navy Courts not pressure from the Administration. Next thing you know they will try people for shooting at the enemy. This is overreaction and micro management going to the ridiculous. The times they are a changing and not for the better.

To-day is the 68th anniversary of The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour and the beginning of the Pacific War. ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN.

There is an Excellent book entitled "At Dawn We Slept" (The Untold Story of Pearl Harbour) by Gordon W. Prange written for the 60th anniversary.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 07-Dec-2009, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

This comes from 21 years of poor leadership in DC. Had we been required to follow these rules throughout our history this country would not have lasted 50 years. They should have just shot the S#B. End of problem.

The only reason we will have a military soon will be due to the economy. They will not fight as hard as those who join out of patriotism. Also, I believe the present military will not obey orders to act against their fellow citizens and a "new" military just might.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Jillian 
Posted: 07-Dec-2009, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

On Pearl Harbor Day my father turned 18 years old. He and my mother were dating, having a soda pop and a sundae at a local deli that afternoon when they heard the news over the radio. He signed up that day on his 18th birthday and served honorably to defend this country. He wasn't sitting around asking Mom and Dad for an Xbox for his birthday, or what flavor cake.

Today he and I celebrated his 85th birthday! He reminisced at dinner tonight about that day with my mother, who is no longer with us.

To all those WWII veterans that remain, my greatest thanks.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 07-Dec-2009, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

Today we remember those who perished at Pearl Harbor. Yesterday was the anniversary of the Halifax explosion. The blast was the biggest explosion on record until the atonic bomb. The 2 ton anchor of the Mont Blanc, the ship that exploded was thrown 2 miles. Almost all of the Halifax FD was killed instantly.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 08-Dec-2009, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I had relatives who did not return and an uncle who did but never fully recovered from his experiences on Bataan. The Japanese, in attacking Pearl Harbor, committed the greatest judgement error of modern times.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt