Kahlan Eyre 
Posted: 03-Sep-2004, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: lost in university...

female

QUOTE (Liriel Baenre Do'Urden @ 01-Sep-2004, 02:51 PM)
My name is a combination of two of my favorite book chars.

Do'Urden is from Drizzt Do'Urden the secondboy of the House Do'Urden. Left the drow city when he was but a young one and went on to become the greatest ranger despite his heritage.

I knew your name looked familiar! I read the Drow books a couple of years ago, and was suprised at how much I really enjoyed them. I'd never read stuff like that before, so I was a bit leery, but then again, I'll try pretty much anything that's printed on paper. laugh.gif I have serious respect for Drizzt, he was always so awesome.

As for my name? It's basically the same; I chose a combination of my two favourite book characters. The Kahlan is from the lead female character in Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. She's a strong, intelligent woman who's not afraid to kick butt, lol. The Eyre is from the title character in Jane Eyre, one of my absolute favourite novels. I couldn't decide between the two characters, so I chose to combine them! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Sep-2004, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

well, I was originally desertrose when I first came onto this site as I am a Rosemary and live in the desert. I normally use that username for all the sites I am on. However, for some reason on this site I chose to go with CelticRose because this is a celtic site. I am not sure if I did the right thing or not, but at the time wanted to keep in the theme of things here on the site. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 03-Sep-2004, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 03-Sep-2004, 10:17 AM)
However, for some reason on this site I chose to go with CelticRose because this is a celtic site. I am not sure if I did the right thing or not, but at the time wanted to keep in the theme of things here on the site. smile.gif

CelticRose, I think it is a really pretty sn. Good choice. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 03-Sep-2004, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ 01-Sep-2004, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 31-Aug-2004, 08:51 PM)
MacEoghainn is the Scot-Gaelic name of my Clan, MacEwen  (my last name, Ewing, is some clerks attempt at spelling Eoghainn, as pronounced by one of my ancestors in his thick Scottish brogue).

It is also is a good represntation of who I am, Mac=son of, Eoghainn=Ewing, or son of Ewing(in this case a son of Edmund Robert Ewing), and I am my Father's son and proud to say so!

MacE smile.gif

I hate to pick nits, but as my Scottish grandmother used to say, the Irish speak with a brogue. The Scottish speak with a burr.

Todd,

Consider your nit picked. I here by revise my original statement to "thick Scottish burr". biggrin.gif

MacE smile.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
orthodex 
Posted: 04-Sep-2004, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

male

Well, I regret now cause I write my name with o and not O (as capitol letter), and i tried but couldn't fix it, so...

Since I'm form Serbia, well there is a band Orthodox Celts, and they play realy good music, some traditional some author songs, and I was all mad bout them, so I named myself OrthoDex years ago, when I needed nickname in some games like Counter Strike, but that was years ago. And OrthoDex has another meaning, my real name is Dejan and short of it is Dex, so here goes...
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]