flora 
Posted: 03-Feb-2009, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Was it not the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz who was afraid of rust? And was he not on a quest for a heart? I see no rust in you Camac.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 03-Feb-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Well Flora he's a "crusty old fart" playing hard to get...

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 03-Feb-2009, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

LOA

I might be and in fact take enormous pride in being 'A CRUSTY OLD FART" but I'm easy to get, just no one wants me. sad.gif cry.gif crybaby.gif

Camac

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 03-Feb-2009, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Nah!nah!!!! Don't say no one wants you...maybe without knowing it you send out the wrong vibes to the gentile damsels... kiss1.gif

LOA smile.gif
PM My Photo Album               
CelticQueenCelticLord 
Posted: 03-Feb-2009, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Los Lunas, NM, USA

female

Flora
You are so lucky to still be in love after 34 years. Congrats!!! My parents feel in love at first sight and were married 53 years when Mum passed. They were still very much in love with each other.
I had many "crushes" when young and thought I found my true love when I was 20. We only lasted less than two years but I have a gorgeous daughter from it. Then I met my second husband and survived a 25 year marriage of I have to stay in it because of the kids (5 more). I finally got the courage to get out of it. I was alone for over 6 years and had all but given up.
Well, in July of 2007 I met the most wonderful man and I can truly say it was love at first sight. Charlie (Celtic Lord on here) proposed Aug 19 of 2007 and we got married Jan 2008. It sometimes seems like we have known each other forever and just fit together all the time. To this day we have not had a dissagreement or fight or anything. We make each other laugh all the time. In August we had an old fashioned Pagan/Celtic Handfast.
So, to all of you out there who dont think there is someone out there for you, just have patience, stop looking and that person will come around the corner so to speak.

--------------------
When the day shall come, that we do part; if my last words are not 'I love you'--ye'll ken it was because I didna have time. (Fiery Cross Quotes)
Also a Diana Gabaldon, Jamie Frazier lover
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 04-Feb-2009, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

flora;

As this is the month dedicated to Love I would tell you a true Love Tale if you will indulge me.

This story concerns a young Scottish Lass, Teresa, and a young Canadian Lad, Raymond, and it begins in the late summer of 1940 in Troon, Ayrshire, Scotland.
The young lad had been sent to Chelmsford, England, from Canada in 1931 at age 11 to be raised and educated by his Grand Parents. Raymond joined the British Army at the outbreak of WW II and fought in Belgium and France eventually being evacuated from the continent, along with the rest of the British Army when the Germans took over France. Upon his arrival back in Britain he volunteered and was accepted in the Commandos. He was sent north to Scotland for training and billeted in Troon as the Commandos trained in that area and on the Isle of Arran. Teresa was a local girl born and raised in Troon the second youngest of five sisters.
Teresa loved to go to the town dances and at one of then the young lad, who couldn't dance, worked up the courage to ask her for a dance and they met. The young lad went to three of these weekly dances and each time he met Teresa and they danced,in fact she taught him, when the fourth weekend dance came around Raymond was not there as he had been transferred further north to Achnacarrie, Speen Bridge, to the main Commando training base. Now Raymond was in the 4th Command and upon completion of training it was divided to make up two units the 4th and the 7th. The 4th with Raymond tagging along was sent to North Africa to fight the Italians. When the Germans invaded Greece in 1941 the 4th was sent to bolster the Greek defence and with the fall of Greece he was evacuated back to Alexandria, Egypt. The Germand next target was the island of Crete and here also they were unstoppable and the Brits had to evacuate. The 4th was sent to Crete to help provide a rear guard and slow the Germans down so the Brits could escape, which they did, except for the 4th, it ceased to exist as a fighting unit and Raymond who had been wounded was taken prisoner and would spend the next four years as a P.O.W. in Germany. While all this was occuring Teresa met another chap in the 7th Commando by the name of David Campbell and in November 1941 they married. In September 1942 she gave birth to a son. David had by this time left the Commandos and was a tank commander in the 48th Royal Tank Regiment fighting in North Africa with the 8th Army. David fought all across North Africa into Sicily and eventually Italy where he was wounded and sent to a hospital in Algeria where on 5 May 1944 he died of complication from his wounds. Back in Troon Teresa who had married at 18, became a mother at 19 and was now a widow before her 21st birthday went on with her life. The war finally ended in August 1945
and Raymond was liberated and discharged from the Army In September 1945 he boarded a train and headed north to Troon. You see in all those years as a prisioner he had never forgotten that Scottish Lass and now he was determined to find her. He of course did and in February 1946 they were married and in October 1947 returned to Canada with his new bride and a 5 year old stepson.The marriage would last 43 years until Teresa died of Cancer in November 1989. Raymond also would die of Cancer 5 1/2 years later in March 1996. They left behind two grand-daughters and of course the step son me, David Campbell-McArthur.

Camac.

valpal59 
Posted: 04-Feb-2009, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Camac,
Thank you so much for sharing that story. That is such a wonderful example of true love.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
flora 
Posted: 04-Feb-2009, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Camac thank you for sharing those special memories with us for I know you gave of yourself to do so. You and your mother were blessed with two special men. To realize just how big this world is and the Hand that must guide it is so humbling.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 04-Feb-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

flore;

Ever since I was a young teenager and my love of history started to grow I have always been facinated by the intertwinning of the Histories of the Campbell and MacArthur clans. There are two arguements as to the origins, one that the Campbells were an offshoot of the MacArthurs and the other that it was the other way around. I tend to believe that the Campbells came from the MacArthurs. When I look at my own life it sometimes spooks me. My Mother Teresa first met Albert Raymond McArthur then married David Campbell (whom I never knew) then after Davids'death it was as if she was waiting and her soulmate did come back to find her and she married Ray McArthur who adopted me when we came to Canada. Methinks the Universe definitely had a hand in it. For I am of the Campbell Blood and a MacArthur because of the love of a man who was not my sire. I defy anyone to say I am not of Scotland. as some have said.

Camac.

CelticQueenCelticLord 
Posted: 08-Feb-2009, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacRowan

female

To everyone who has ever wanted to be in love or who is in love this is something my beloved Celtic Lord wrote to me shortly after we started going together. We are as in love or more so now than when he wrote it for me. I hope you enjoy

Attached File Standinginthemistofshadows.doc
Size: 20.5K
Number of downloads: 50 Times(s)
Last accessed: 15-Apr-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Updated: 08-Feb-2009, 08:38 PM
CelticQueenCelticLord 
Posted: 08-Feb-2009, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacRowan

female

Okay, that didnt work so here it is......

Standing in the mist of shadows, your eyes meet mine
Sparkling in the moonlight stopping my world in time
Taking my breath away with your soft gentle glow
All I can think is how I love you so

Your hair as it flows in the soft gentle breeze
Your touch and smile makes my heart feel at ease

I love when you’re next to me, when we are together as one
You brighten up my world even when there is no sun

Your voice so soft makes my heart take leaps and bounds
Your voice I can still hear even when you’re not around

I hope, I pray, that you will always stay
By my side, even when the shadows fade away
Because my breath you have taken with your soft gentle glow
And my thoughts are how I love you so
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 14-Feb-2009, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Celtic Queen, this is so beautiful, what a rare gift to get!

Well, I have to share something with you all; many of you know me for quite a while now and a few bits of the story of my life which was not an enjoyable one for most of the time. So at the age of 50 now I settled down to a single life with my grown up kids not far from me and I felt I had the best time ever in my life. Love, the love of a partner, didn't seem to be in the cards for me anymore; I knew it had to be a very special one, one who was able to touch my soul deeply, the one who would be my soul mate, and how rarely is this going to happen? So I'd rather stayed alone because I couldn't see myself in a relationship with less than that. This is the advantage of having lived for a while already; you know what you want and what you don't want.
I have seen him in my dreams, sounds silly, I know, I knew I would recognise him in real life if we ever were meant to meet in this life and if not in this one it would be in another one.
Then, a few months back, something unexpected happened. I met the man I have been waiting for for all my life, the one who was made for me and for whom I was made at a point of my life when I expected it least. Now I'm a person my feet very down to earth. But there was an attraction and a connection that was scary, so confusing and so wonderful at the same time and that is exactly how he felt about it. Nothing we could explain but something that was there from the very first moment. We are living in different countries, in European ones thankfully, and we both have to sort out a couple of things before we will be able to live together some day. But we still can hit a plane for reasonable money to see and meet for a weekend at least.
Talking to him is so easy, and even if I don't talk he knows my thoughts, and this is a mutual thing, we both feel as each others alter egos, all is so natural, we don't have to work hard for it, it's simply there, it's like magic working between us. Knowing this we can give it its flow knowing all will happen in time and the right decisions will be made in time. Time is no issue, we know all will fall in line in time, and our souls are walking hand in hand. It's something only very few are blessed with to experience it with such an intensity and as some matter of course, being in tune and no words are needed and we both would twig though what is needed and felt.
So Camac, you see what can happen when it's meant to be even when we don't expect it anymore. And was it then worth waiting for it for such a long time? Yes, every second of it.

I know it's almost embarrassing, I sound like a love sick teenager at an age I'm supposed to become a granny wink.gif but how so wonderful and magic it is!

I have shared my tears and sorrows with you, my dear Celtic family, now it was about time to share the biggest joy I ever experienced besides of the moments when I had given birth to my sons.

You all stay safe and never give up on your dreams because they come true if you believe in them long enough.

Gabby smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Leelee 
Posted: 14-Feb-2009, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Standing in the Mist of Shadows

CelticQueenCelticLord, what a wonderful gift...words that come from the heart from your true love. wub.gif You are blessed in so many ways smile.gif

May you two have an unforgettable Valentine's Day and many, many years together smile.gif thumbs_up.gif
PM               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 14-Feb-2009, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Wow, I have enjoyed so much reading all these post of true loves and the loves that didn't turn out to be so true. Never give up on love, you can find it when you least expect it and sometimes it comes looking for you!
I have been with my one true love, best friend, soul mate, protector and lover for 37 years. We've had our share of problems but we've always managed to overcome and keep our marriage intact. I met my hubby at a party when I was 15 and he was 23, I was jailbait at the time so we kissed and parted. When I was a senior in high school he asked me out on a date, I said yes and we've been together ever since. That wasn't the end, only the beginning!!! We spend most of our free time together now that the daughters are married and have families of their own. We get closer and closer as a husband and wife as the years go by. My hubby has always told me we were destined to be together!!! I guess he's right on this one! I'm still in LOVE with the LOVE of my LIFE after 37 years of marriage!!! inlove.gif

Gabby, I have enjoyed reading your post and I'm so happy for you. I wish you and your new love much happiness!

PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 15-Feb-2009, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

CelticQueen,
Thank you for sharing your poem. It is so beautiful. I agree with LeeLee, you are truly blessed.

Gabby,
I am so happy for you. May the magic never disappear and the light of love shine on you forever.

Val
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]