Moon Child 
Posted: 04-Jul-2005, 02:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Hello everyone, well I finally finished The Notebook yesterday morning, what a good book!! I can't wait to watch the movie. Now I just have to find time to go get DIA, I've been so busy at work that I might not be able to go get it until the end of the week!! wink.gif

Hope everyone's reading is coming along fine!! happy.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 01:03 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Did you boo hoo when you read the Notebook?

Anxious to hear what you think of DIA. let us know!

Two more weeks and I see Diana G! yay!!!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Moon Child 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 01:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 05-Jul-2005, 01:03 AM)
Did you boo hoo when you read the Notebook?

Anxious to hear what you think of DIA. let us know!

Two more weeks and I see Diana G! yay!!!

Yes I did CR!! I can't wait to see the movie now!!

I will for sure let you know how I like DIA when I get it!! I hope I don't get so mad with it that I'll want to throw it at something!! laugh.gif

You so lucky to be able see Diana G, tell us all about it when you get back!!! Say hi to her for all of us!!
PMEmail Poster                
gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. This is going to be my 200th post and I wanted to post it in my favorite section. I will be so glad when Sept 27th gets here. When DG's book comes out I'm going to go ahead and get it in hard back. CR do you have any idea where the next book will take us?

I'm reading Lakes In The Cloud but I'm having a hard time getting into it. Its good but for some reason I can't stay with it.

Well I have to go take care everyone.

CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey gwenlee! Congrats on your 200th post.

The last time I saw Diana she told us that if she does not finish everything concerning the Revolutionary War in this new book, then she will write another to continue. If she does, I believe she said she would be writing a prequel about Jamie's parents and their love story. So we will get to know Dougal and Column better in those books as well. When she finishes the whole series, she is going to come out with another Outlandish Companion.

Just to let you in on a secret. Expect this new book to be BIG in size!

gwen, I had a hard time getting through Lake in the Clouds too. I got so tired of reading about Hannah that it took me some time to get through it. I am enjoying the fourth book though. But the first book was the best. I have been kind of disappointed with this series as it has gone on when everybody told me the whole series would be so great. Oh well, to each his own.
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 12-Jul-2005, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

I guess I better add myself in here as a DG fan! I met her at the HG here in Mesa and in Flagstaff, she was just lovely and signed a book for me. Add one more into the waiting 'impatiently' for the newest A Breath of Snow And Ashes group!

amy smile.gif

--------------------
Moon Child 
Posted: 13-Jul-2005, 02:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Welcome Amy, nice to see you here!!!

CR, so how were the highland games this past weekend?? Did your group end up having lunch with Diana?? Let us know how it went and post any pics if you have any!!
PMEmail Poster                
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Jul-2005, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Amy you and Celtic Rose are so lucky to have met her. And CR gets to have lunch with her AGAIN will want a picture CR! I am still in Voyager..I don't read much--specially in the summer.. I am a big fan of hers.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-Jul-2005, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (ArizonaAmy9 @ 13-Jul-2005, 01:45 AM)
I guess I better add myself in here as a DG fan! I met her at the HG here in Mesa and in Flagstaff, she was just lovely and signed a book for me. Add one more into the waiting 'impatiently' for the newest A Breath of Snow And Ashes group!

amy smile.gif

Hey Amy! Welcome to CR! So nice to have you here. I live in Arizona too! I have met Diana a couple times and had lunch with her at the Mesa Highland games. All us fans of the Arizona chapter of the Ladies of Lallybroch group meet with her every year in both Mesa and Flagstaff and have lunch and dinner with her too. Would you like to join our group? We would love to have you! If so, let me know I will get you the web link to join.

I will be in Flagstaff this coming weekend to see Herself again as will some of the other ladies from the AZ group. Will you be there? You can meet with us. We are hoping to have dinner with Herself on Saturday night. That is the plan anyway.

Hey Rindy and Moonchild. As you can see, I have not gone to the event yet. It is this coming weekend. Will be nice to get out of this heat. OUCH! Anyway, I plan to take LOTS of pics to show off to y'all! wink.gif
Moon Child 
Posted: 20-Jul-2005, 03:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

CR, how the festival last weekend??? Did you take lots of pics?? How was the lunch with Diana?? Do tell, do tell!! laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Jul-2005, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Moonchild! Sorry I am so long in writing. It has been a very crazy week for me and I am so behind in all my posting and such.

Had a great time at the Celtic festival and saw and talked with Diana and took a couple pics of her. Also heard her do her reading from the new book but to be honest I could not make heads or tails as to what was going on. She just took a very benign scene out of the book and so we know nothing in advance of what direction the book is going. She was pretty busy with book signing so I didn't get to chat with her too much. I had asked her how many times she had been to Scotland and she said "about 6 or 7 times." Cool, eh?

We didn't get to go to dinner with her as she had family come in from out of state and she had to drive back down the mountain that evening. sad.gif Hopefully I will see her again next February and have lunch with her then.

I had a fabulous time with my online friends I had met for the first time. One of them being Diana's assistant. We had a blast together!

Where are you in the books right now?

Oh, here is a photo I took of Herself this past weekend. Gracious as always.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
Moon Child 
Posted: 22-Jul-2005, 03:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

CR, I'm glad to hear you had a awesome time but sorry that you guys couldn't have lunch with her!! Good pic of her, she looks a bit different from the back cover of Outlander but it looks like the new book might be a green hard cover?!

I haven't started DIA yet! wink.gif Life and work has had me pretty busy lately but I'm hoping to get it soon and stick my nose back into a book!!! laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 03:57 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Glad you liked the photo of her, Moonchild. She is a very exotic looking woman but so very nice and unassuming! I hope you get to meet her one day. I found out that her father is Spanish! Hence her maiden name, GabalDON that she continues to use in her professional career. She grew up in Flagstaff, AZ and her father was one of the first legistative people there. Sorry, don't know much about politics.

Hope you enjoy DIA. It is a verra guid book also! wink.gif
Moon Child 
Posted: 23-Jul-2005, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

CR, I'm actually planning a trip to Ontario next year to meet some of my dad's family out there that i haven't met yet. So I'm going to make sure to plan it around the Fergus Highland Games so I can meet her!!
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Jul-2005, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Good, Moonchild! You'll meet her husband too as he always goes too. I hear they have a dinner one evening with Diana and the Ladies of Lallybroch group. Hope it all works out for you.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]