Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Thread Deleted?
stoirmeil 
Posted: 30-Aug-2006, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Did someone remove the whole discussion of Celtic Christianity? If so, why? the record of posts in peoples' "find all posts for this member" file does not show all that discussion either.
PMEmail Poster               
teashoci 
Posted: 30-Aug-2006, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: glasgow

male

i am absolutly, well and truely disgusted. to delete a debate such as celtic christianity is narrow minded and fascist.

I know americans have to suffer a biased pro christian and pro republican media but the internet should never have to suffer this.

......... and to anonomously delete it it a despicable pathetic act of cowardice.

i have lost a lot of respect for the moderaters at celtic net radio
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 30-Aug-2006, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hold on now. I was asking what happened to the thread because I wanted to add something and I couldn't find it suddenly -- not accusing anyone of deliberately deleting it for political reasons. I'm sure there's a good explanation, and someone will let us know.
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 30-Aug-2006, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

hey teashoci...that's a little harsh don't you think.....the moderators on cr are extraordinary...just my 2 cents....

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 30-Aug-2006, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

It appears that the originator of this topic deleted it and not the moderating staff... that is what seems evident at this time.

If it is a different story I will let you know..

Be carefull of the stones you throw!

There were several other topics this person posted that are gone as well!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

The originator of the topic did delete the topic. Macfive has now removed this option from the Founders' options. Instead, a Founding member can only delete their own posts, not the entire topic. There was no conspiracy and especially no heavy-handed censorship from the moderating staff here at CR.

Things like this do happen as the site grows and grows. It's a learning curve all around and it is feed-back from the membership that allows continual improvement to the site and the services it provides.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
stoirmeil 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate knowing what became of the discussion. In a very general way, I would like to comment that, while I can see why the originator of a thread might be unhappy or uncomfortable with the way the discussion progresses, and want to close it out or delete it, still -- once other members have contributed their thoughts (and some of the members here seem to take some time and effort to post very useful and thought provoking entries), the thread has become the shared "intellectul property" of the community, and, unless the discussion has violated the site's posting rules in some overt way, the deletion of an entire thread at the originator's request should only be undertaken after some warning, so that other members who contributed have the opportunity to salvage at least their own entries, if they like, and reframe the discussion by opening it under a new title.
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 05-Sep-2006, 05:56 PM)
Thanks, Steve. I appreciate knowing what became of the discussion. In a very general way, I would like to comment that, while I can see why the originator of a thread might be unhappy or uncomfortable with the way the discussion progresses, and want to close it out or delete it, still -- once other members have contributed their thoughts (and some of the members here seem to take some time and effort to post very useful and thought provoking entries), the thread has become the shared "intellectul property" of the community, and, unless the discussion has violated the site's posting rules in some overt way, the deletion of an entire thread at the originator's request should only be undertaken after some warning, so that other members who contributed have the opportunity to salvage at least their own entries, if they like, and reframe the discussion by opening it under a new title.

It was the intellectual property aspect that came to the forefront and was used as one point of NOT allowing a topic to be deleted. Especially after several posts were made to the topic. The topic and the direction that it takes becomes public property and the deletion effects more than just the originator. There have been many topics that took on a life of their own, i.e. the "test" topic in the Jester's Court forum. The response was one of protecting public property and allowing free speech to take place without the threat of any reprisals.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]