Lady of the Loch's Journal

Index -> Journal-> Nightmare of a weekend

Journal Entry

Add Entry   

Nightmare of a weekend
Posted by Lady of the Loch on Mar 19th, 2007 9:36 PM
we went away this weekend for a bowling tournament. We got to this city and checked into our hotel room. Well, they gave us a room that wasn't clean. So I had to go back to the check out and tell them and we waited about 3 hours before it was clean. Then bf went to bowl. They told us the wrong bowling alley to bowl at. Luckily, we had enough time to get to the other one.After that, we(about 10 of us) gathered in my parents hotel room, doing shots of crown royal and decided we would head to the organization sponsoring this tournament. We called the shuttle that would come and pick you up and take you back free of charge.The guy was really nice (the person picking up and dropping off) and we went in, ordered our food and waited, and waited and waited and waited. After an hour, people got their salads. They came back and said they were out of prime rib, out of baked potatos. So, my dad never got his salad. After another 1/2 hr, we went in search of the waiter and asked about his salad. We got that, but we were still waiting on our food. At the 2 hour mark, we were pretty pissed. Yes, they were busy, but not 2 hours for freakin' food, that is ridiculous. So, we went and found someone and told them that it was BS, we canceled our order and walked out. We didn't pay for anything, we just told them we were leaving and went.So we took the shuttle back to our hotel room and decided to walk across the street to Denny's cause it was like 10o'clock at night. We had a few drunks with us, one who happened to have an asthma(sp?) attack. So then we got our dinner @ Denny's in like 15 minutes. So, we headed to the liquor store to buy more booze cause after the night we had, we thought we needed some more, but they were closed. Everyone went their seperate ways and we went to bed.
We got up this morning and realized the lady who made reservations for us were charged for all the rooms on her credit card, which came to over $600. (Even though we all paid cash). Then we got to the other bowling alley and there was no concession stand and the guy behind the counter was being a real freakin' jerk. The lanes kept breaking down and he would ignore us, so we were waiting for like 10 minutes at a time to get the lanes fixed. Anyway, I come home tonight and got my mail and seen a letter from our court house. I have jury duty! Ha, can you imagine that?????? What a nightmare of a weekend!

I guess I didn't have the luck of the Irish on Saturday. What I thought would be a great time, turned out to be a terrible experience. Don't get me wrong, we had fun though, how could we have not when we were laughing everytime we turned around at something someone did or said!

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!