talleyrand 
Posted: 30-Sep-2004, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

My worst vacation memory quails in comparison to most of these stories. The gal I was seeing and I went on holiday out to Baltimore summer of 2001. Neither of us had ever been out to the east coast so we thought it'd be fun. And there were enjoyable moments but mentally I've cropped her out of all of them. wink.gif Some of the things I wanted to see and do out there (tour some historic sites, see the USPS, pop over to Annapolis and check out the Naval Academy) were superceded by her having to go shopping. Which I could have at least understood if she were at some place that's only going to be there but no we were at places like Gap and Abercrombie. It's the same clothes out there that we have back here... Lots of moments where I got to see the real her and it was not a pretty sight. On a positive note, I did get to eat plenty of local food which was far better than my trip to Baton Rouge where the team I was with ate nothing but fast food the entire time. furious.gif Idiots...

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
RobertH 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Washington

male

I know what you mean, tallyrand. In Germany, I knew people who were excited to go to McDonalds. Go figure...
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (RobertH @ 02-Oct-2004, 10:31 PM)
I know what you mean, tallyrand. In Germany, I knew people who were excited to go to McDonalds. Go figure...

Yes, those people really exist over here... wink.gif I'm not that fan of fast food myself... unsure.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
freekenny 
Posted: 07-Oct-2004, 12:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
Not really a 'worst vacation' but, one I don't care to replay is when I visited Maine before moving there~ It was summer, early July, went to one of the beaches, Orchard, and the water was sooooo cold that I couldn't 'swim' in the 'big pond' sad.gif ..I honestly believe I developed hypothermia in my feet from walking down the beach looking for sea shells lol.gif which by the way, I didn't see sea shells I saw rocks tongue.gif ...beaches up North are so different from the ones I am used too~ Beautiful but, I must be able to get into the water happy.gif I'll stick to going South for my beach moods!~
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]