Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

tsargent62,

I will be praying for you and your wife everyday. I pray that the Lord will give you both the Peace that surpasses all human understanding, and I pray that Lord Jesus will send His healing virtue to you both. Sometimes words seem so empty, but all I can say is Hope in Lord, Look to Him, and trust in Him. Different times in my life when I thought the bottom was falling out, the Lord was right there carrying me. I look back and I can see His divine will and love shaping my path and leading me to where I am today. At the time, I didn't think I was going to be able to cope, but I made it through and came out stronger.

If you need to talk or want me to pray PM me anytime.
Big Prayers and Hugs,
Roisin

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

Todd:

oh my, it's a lot you have to deal with. First the problem with your job. Now this - much more important, I guess. Another change.
But the thing that really counts is that you fear for Maria and you have to fear for yourself, too.
I know how hard it is. For today's modern medicine it is no problem to heal tuberculosis. It's scaring though...
I will certainly pray for both of you. You'll be in my thoughts, always.
I'm here if you need someone to talk. Don't hesitate to pm me whenever you think you'd like to do.
Our Father is always with you. I'm praying for the strength and confidence you need.
A big, big hug for you, my friend and for Maria.

Gabby

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Elspeth 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Todd,

Wow, I don't know what to say other than to say I will pray for you, your wife and your family. I didn't even know TB was still out there with all the imunizations.

If it is a comfort at all, my grandfather had TB back in the 50's, way before the miracles of modern medicine and he recovered, living almost to 90.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 4:6&7

May God grant you and your wife, as well as all your family that peace. And may he grant healing.

Elspeth

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Elly 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ Mar 20 2004, 11:29 AM)
I’m going to post a really LONG post, so don’t say you have not been warned! You all know that English isn’t my first language , so please, don’t mind a clumsy style or mistakes…thank you!
It wasn’t a careless decision to write down this story. It is a story of horror and pain as well as hope and joy.
Reading this thread has been very helpful for me. Yes, I am one of those Elspeth asked you to pray for, those who feel not comfortable enough posting very personal things. It worked. Really. I felt so terribly empty and lost – and now I’m gaining hope again!
I hope my story might encourage someone who is possibly fighting the hardest fight in his life – to continue fighting. Why? Because there is always a way out for those who really WANT it.

Now, this is a survivor’s story.

I was born in a very small village, where I grew up the first few years of my life in a wonderful, loud and warm – hearted family with parents, aunts and uncles, cousins and my granny, this woman with the most loving heart of all. It was like paradise and I was the happiest child on earth. I still have this warm and happy feeling only by remembering those five years.
Then all changed all of a sudden, over night – completely unexpected for me – my parents whom I both loved dearly separated. My Mum and me moved to another county, about 600 miles away…with the man my Mum had fallen in love with.
I felt totally uprooted. Nobody explained me why this all happened…probably my Mum couldn’t as she had to manage her own life now.
My brother and my sister were born. I loved them and still do.
I was never allowed to see or to speak about my Dad again. I missed him so much – but I wasn’t asked. I just had to obey.
All in all we had a life not too bad at all. I’ve always been “this other man’s child” for my step – father which was hard to live with. There wasn’t anyone I could have talked about my concerns, so I learnt to get along alone very early in my life.

It happened when I was 12 years old. The “Unspeakable” which nearly killed me. From this date until the age of 19 I had been sexually abused by my step – father.
I do not want to go into details. Just that I had been an unsuspecting child at the age of 12. Scared to death – I was helpless.
I knew my Mum loved that man. She never was a strong woman. And my brother and my sister…they were so young and innocent. I loved them all so much. I couldn’t tell anyone. I couldn’t tell and destroy this family. Their future. So I decided to be the only victim in the family. To be silent.
I felt guilty. Something had to be wrong with me because this happened to me. I felt guilty because I couldn’t defend myself against that man…
My soul was dying, piece by piece. I became speechless. I was sure some of my relatives knew what was going on but they all closed their eyes, turned away because “it couldn’t be what shouldn’t be”…
When I stood nearby the railroad tracks ready to jump when the train approached because I couldn’t bear it all any longer, absolutely without a spark of hope or strength, I felt this “something”…I can’t describe it…all of a sudden.
I thought there was nothing left at all – but it WAS! I decided to be a survivor! Though I knew I would have to suffer the more I decided to fight. I knew it would be like walking on a sword’s blade with naked feet, cutting my feet painfully by each step – but I never stopped walking since. “It is MY life and I don’t give it away – I’ll survive !”
It worked though it took me years.

Years later I got married. Loved – what an indescribable feeling. What a joy to be able to FEEL again!
My children were born – purest joy and happiness!
15 years later my husband left the family over night (literally) to live with another woman. My whole life broke down once again. My children were scared – and became sick. Mentally ill. They both tried to commit suicide – I found them in the very last second.
We managed it. We crossed an ocean of tears, pain and despair to the shores of hope, confidence, strength and love.
The worst pain I ever felt in my life was to see my children so much in pain and suffering so badly. During this time I often lay on my knees begging God to help them. I never asked for myself but for them.
I begged and often cursed HIM badly in one breath.

We lost our home, car, money, all what had made our life until then and recently I lost my job as well because of economical reasons.
We started at “Zero” and built up a new life. We don’t have much but we have all we need. We are able to save a few coins every month for our trip to the U.S., a dream we share and will be able to fulfil in about 2 or 3 years.
My sons are wonderful and strong young men now. Sometimes still fighting their demons as I also do but strong enough to go their own way.
Today I’m honorary working with abused kids and adults. Because I am a survivor and I KNOW!

Today I know it was the horrifying times I went through which made me strong. Strong enough to lead my children through their illness and hard times.
I know it wasn’t right to curse God because what happened was committed and made by men and not because of HIS will.
And so it is a story of joy finally. We’re doing fine. We’re having the best time of our life now. We learnt to live it consciously and to be content.
I do not hate people – especially men – and I didn’t end in embitterment. I love my life, I love to laugh and I’m curious what is still waiting for me around the next corner.
A lot to be grateful for.

And this is why I told this story, what I ask you:

1) Whatever it is you are going through, PLEASE, please, NEVER GIVE UP!

2) There is always a way out! It is always worth living this life and no matter how long it takes to get through pain and sorrow – there is a way.

3) All you need is given to you while walking; strength, courage…but WALK…step by step and step!

4) Experience is not what happens to you but what you do with what happens to you!

5) Don’t say you can’t. I was nothing; no strength, no emotions, no self – confidence, no courage – and I did it though…and so can everybody, for sure!

I’ve experienced it all and I know it works!

My concern is – I feel very exhausted at soul concerning my relationship to God. I can’t pray actually. I just can’t. So I need others praying for me. I had given up with God. But this is a very tricky thing…it never worked completely. I didn’t REALLY loose faith at all. I really wish to live in harmony with HIM again. Prayers are mighty – will you?

Finally I’d like to say I never told these very personal experiences in public and I hesitated quite a while to do. But this thread is wonderful, started by a wonderful people with wonderful people posting. So I finally did. I thank you all!
And see, this is a joy again! smile.gif

Hi Gabby, I do admire you for being able to put such a personal episode on a forum. biggrin.gif I take my hat off to you, that you have managed to beat this, and accept your mother today. Absolutely amazing forgiveness biggrin.gif god bless you, your friend, Elly angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
andylucy 
Posted: 29-Mar-2004, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

High Chief Of The Dartboard
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Todd,

Yes, TB can be very scary. I have had to face it several times as an EMT, but always managed to come away uninfected (even after giving rescue breathing to an infected person with no mask or protective equipment- God was with me). Several of my mates have not been so fortunate, though. TB is totally curable, if caught early. The treatment takes about 6 months total, but it IS treatable. Your wife will never be able to have a scratch test again, as she will react very strongly to the antigen. She will have to have a chest x-ray every year. But the days of the TB sanitarium are over. Just make sure she finishes the course of therapy. If she doesn't, the bacteria will mutate and the medication will be much less effective the second time around.

It is a stressful period. It is very frightening. It will be hard on both of you. But the Lord will see you through. I will be praying to St. Therese of Lisieux to intercede for you my friend.

O Little Flower of Jesus, ever consoling troubled souls with heavenly graces, in your unfailing intercession I place my trust. From the Heart of Our Blessed Savior petition for the healing of Maria of tuberculosis and for Todd to have the strength to assist her in her healing. Shower upon her your promised roses of virtue and grace, dear Saint Therese, so that swiftly advancing in sanctity and in perfect love of neighbor, she may someday receive the crown of eternal life. Amen.

--------------------
Just my tuppence.

Andy

Never drink to excess; you might shoot at a tax collector and miss. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

TANSTAAFL

If a person doesn't believe in something, he'll soon believe in anything. - G. K. Chesterton

9-1-1: state sponsored Dial-A-Prayer
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 30-Mar-2004, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your prayers, support, love and hugs. You've helped me have more of a sense of peace about this situation. The Lord has always taken care of my family and I know He will continue to do so. Especially when I have my friends praying for us. I can't remember what book or verse this is: "Where 2 or 3 gather in my name, I will be among you."

It is wonderful to know I can count on you when I need you.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 30-Mar-2004, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Todd, I've just now read about your wife's diagnosis - I am so so sorry this has happened, and it makes my heart ache thinking that not only is she seriously ill but this is going to cost her the daycare business as well. My prayers are going out for a full recovery for her,and for you as well to have strength during these days.

Strange thing, just last week we got a letter from my daughter's high school informing us that a student had been diagnosed with TB and that if our girl was exposed to it we would receive further notification. She was not exposed to the disease, thank heavens, but there were a lot of kids and teachers too who now have to be tested. I thought TB wasn't around any more! Was I ever wrong.

You let us know what happens, okay?? We care!

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 30-Mar-2004, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Mar 29 2004, 10:50 AM)
...has anyone heard how Rose's mother (and Rose) are doing?

I haven't heard a thing, but this is serious stuff. Its going to be a difficult time for our Rose, so please pray for her and her mother.

S.
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Mar-2004, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone! I just got home a couple hours ago from CA. Thank you so much for your prayers, concern, and the privates messages I got! Wow! Thank you!

I came home early as mother was put into a rehab center the Friday morning I got there. Sis and I got a lot accomplished these past 5 days and because my mother is doing so well and they are keeping her so busy at the rehab center, there was no reason for me to sit around there all day anymore. so I came home to take care of a lonely hubby and sulking dogs for a few days or hopefully a week or two when I know my mother is going to be released and sent home and need me more. My mother was pretty pitiful, but feel confident she is in good hands now and my sis is a whole lot calmer too! smile.gif

Many thanks to all of you, my friends! hug.gif

Well I have much catching up to do! biggrin.gif
tsargent62 
Posted: 31-Mar-2004, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Welcome back, Rose! I'm glad things went well and your mom's doing okay.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 31-Mar-2004, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Mar 30 2004, 04:10 PM)
Hello everyone! I just got home a couple hours ago from CA. Thank you so much for your prayers, concern, and the privates messages I got! Wow! Thank you!

I came home early as mother was put into a rehab center the Friday morning I got there....

unsure.gif Ooh - you scared me there, posting so early in the week; I didn't think we'd see you here so soon!

But I am delighted to hear your mom is doing so well, CR - that is great news indeed. I hope her health continues to improve.

PM               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 31-Mar-2004, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Rose, Glad to see everything is better and that your mother is in capable hands. We were all so concerned. You seem in good spirits too. I missed you dear. Welcome back!

Yours,
Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 01-Apr-2004, 05:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Welcome back Rose!

Glad to hear your mother is doing well and you and your sister got those pesky details taken care of.

Todd, how are things going for you?

To everyone who's posted here, keep us updated!

Elspeth
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Apr-2004, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks everybody for your kind words. Mother is still having some complications and sister is home sick today with two migraines and here I sit on my computer relaxing...........the bad daughter. unsure.gif

How is everyone else doing and what is new?
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 01-Apr-2004, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Apr 1 2004, 01:02 PM)
Thanks everybody for your kind words. Mother is still having some complications and sister is home sick today with two migraines and here I sit on my computer relaxing...........the bad daughter. unsure.gif

How is everyone else doing and what is new?

Your not the bad daughter...just the smart daughter. tongue.gif wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]