Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Artist's Corner, where are you at with your artwork?
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

So your using a software program to create a 3D rendering? Sorry, I seem so out of it, but I haven't used computers in my artwork. The only time I've used a computer is to create something is for Layout and Design---graphic design. But my work comes off very inter-mediate.

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

There's no way I could draw it by hand =) By hand, I'm doing good to draw a straight line with a ruler, or a good arc with a compass =) Geometry class was the only case I found where I could draw by hand and come out with anything worth looking at =) Even anything I've managed on a computer, surprises me.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

ok, I finally got that pesty object to render correctly. I think I have the image actually. Pretty much anyway. Take a look at my latest post in the Art Work thread for "God's Workbench" =)
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Apr-2004, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks a lot Roisin! I scanned the portrait and sent it to my friend, Siobhan blues and see if she can figure it out. She is the one who taught me colored pencil to begin with! I would show hubby but he is so brutal in his critiques! He would tell me to throw it away! cool.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Apr-2004, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Aaediwen! I have NEVER done any computer art at all, so I am really out of touch in that area!
Haldur 
Posted: 04-Mar-2005, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

I know there's not been a post in here for a while, so I figured I'd bring it back to life a bit! smile.gif

For the past year or so I've been itching to get my mitts on a woodburning kit and finally completed that desire last night. I bought a suitable woodburner ($9.95, which included 4 woodburning edges/blades) and a couple pieces of wood at Wal-Mart last night. All along I was intending on just playing around with a trivial image, something simple to practice some techniques upon. In the end, I got started on this recurring image I've had in my head off and on for a few months. It looks to be exciting!

I've also recently obtained a copy of Photoshop 6, which I know isn't the latest version but it is a start for me learning the program. It's very interesting, as I kind of got lost with it...think I'll need some tutorials on it though! May have to visit the Photography thread on this.

Slainte!

--------------------
Haldr, Traveller of the Great Forest

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done."

- Unknown

user posted image
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Mar-2005, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Good for you, Haldur! I have done no artwork in so long that I wonder if I ever will get back into it. Right now I like playing with my cameras better. smile.gif
Haldur 
Posted: 12-May-2005, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

I've been interested in photography for a real long time just haven't had the money to purchase a quality camera. AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I did have an old Chinon 35mm manual [?] camera that I thought worked pretty good. See, when my wife and I went on vacation last August, we went with her parents to Traverse City Bay and saw some lighthouses and stuff. I took like a whole roll that day and when I went to wind up the film the next day the film broke. Apparently, there's some problem with the roller inside the camera. You could say I was very disappointed and I sort of gave up on photography.

I need to get back to photography somehow though! wink.gif

As far as my pyrography (woodburning) goes I have finished 2 pieces thus far: a medieval/fantasy scene of a dragon hovering over a castle and a copy of a panel from the "Lone Wolf and Cub" graphic novel. I am very proud of my woodburnings though I know that they are only the beginning!

Also, Aaediwen was very helpful in getting some of my artwork saved to disc and even restoring a "deceased" piece of artwork. Thanks Aaediwen!
Aaediwen 
Posted: 12-May-2005, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

np, my friend. Hey, you say you finished that castle scene? I'd love to see it smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]