Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Save Net Radio Coalition, Help Save Internet Radio!
John Clements 
Posted: 13-Jul-2007, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

It’s so nice to hear some good new for a change.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Jul-2007, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,391 Gold!

Artists Raise Their Voices in Support of Net Radio Legislation Hundreds of Small and Independent Artists Call on Congress to Enact Internet Radio Equality Act and Save Internet Radio

Hundreds of small and independent artists called on Congress to pass the Internet Radio Equality Act before the July 15th due date of recently increased recording royalty fees for webcasters. According to the SaveNetRadio coalition, more than 650 artists, representing dozens of genres from throughout the country, have written a letter to Congressman Howard Berman -- Judiciary Subcommittee on Courts, the Internet, and Intellectual Property Chairman asking for his "leadership and support to help save diversity and music on the Internet."

The Roots Music Association, a member of the SaveNetRadio coalition, which represents over 2000 independent artists, released the following statement: "we are very pleased, but certainly not surprised to see such an extensive and diverse group of artists come forward in support of the Internet Radio Equality Act.

Read more.........

http://webcast.broadcastnewsroom.com/artic...e.jsp?id=160332

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
mingkee 
Posted: 13-Jul-2007, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

An Asian Celt from Hong Kong
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

something you need to realize
NPR is also threatened, and the foreign radios may get affected too
if so, they may boycott all American music, then RIAA and US record industry will be a big loser

--------------------
a Chinese Celt from Hong Kong
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Jul-2007, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,391 Gold!

The outpouring from everyone has just been truly amazing. In the last 24 hours we have received so many emails from listeners and musicians alike. Alot of musicians that we play want to know what they need to do so we can stay online and keep playing their music!

I am proud to say that Celtic Radio listeners and members are some of the most outspoken, intelligent and compassionate lot of people I have ever seen in an online community! We are certainly indebted to your efforts to help us, help Celtic musicians and change music history!

Since June 26th, over 1 million people have contacted their congressperson or senator through email, letter and phone. That is an unbelievable outpouring - and one which congress can not ignore. That is the only reason why Soundexchange (RIAA) is even listening.

Hopefully momentum is building to pass the Internet Radio Equality Act. This sets royalty payments on par with Satellite Radio at around 7.5% of profit. Now remember that AM/FM radio pays 0% in royalty payments.

View Special Message from Congress

Yesterday was an unbelievable rollercoaster. Given all of the facts, news and information gathered I was ready to call it quits or atleast accept that it was truly the end of Celtic Radio coming very soon.

About 2 hours later I could not believe what I was reading, that Congress was forcing a meeting with Webcasters and Soundexchange. And then when the results broke I was convinced by the article that Internet Radio had been saved only to find later that this might have been a little premature. Still everything is looking promising and everyone needs to know that your calls, emails and letters are making a difference. Every single one!

We will keep a close eye on th current progress of this grassroots campaign at http://savenetradio.org. If anything major happens we will be sure to post it here.

Again, our heart felt thanks to everyone!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
mingkee 
Posted: 13-Jul-2007, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

An Asian Celt from Hong Kong
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

not only internet radio saved, NPR stations are also saved!!!
Long Live net broadcasters and NPR!!!
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Jul-2007, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,391 Gold!

QUOTE (mingkee @ 13-Jul-2007, 10:21 PM)
not only internet radio saved, NPR stations are also saved!!!
Long Live net broadcasters and NPR!!!

I agree with you! This effects all of Internet Radio and we are saving alot of music listening channels across the whole spectrum.

NPR stations are very important to save.
Irishmusiclover 
Posted: 14-Jul-2007, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Champlin Minnesota USA

female

I'm so relieved! I thought I was gonna have to endure Celtic music withdrawals! clap.gif beer.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TandVh 
Posted: 14-Jul-2007, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

Thank you so much for the hard work and dedication you have put forth to educate us and keep us informed as to the progress of this idiotic, evil endeavor to rip off the American people in yet another venue of free speech!

--------------------
TandVh
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 14-Jul-2007, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

An an international listener I'm joined up and added my name, hope it will help a wee bit.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gcw57 
  Posted: 15-Jul-2007, 01:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

I am going to continue to wish, hope and pray that sanity will win out in this stupid battle. I may not have congressmen here in Canada, but I assure you that my thoughts have been made known through emails, petitions and contacting all the Americans I know to help. Outside the US we have virtually no voice in this, but we have just as much to lose.

walkman.gif Celtic Radio has been a wonderful addition (or is that addiction?) to my world and I truly thank Paul for his hard work in keeping us informed and I thank everyone who has taken the time to contact their representatives on this issue. Listeners from around the world are supporting you to the best of our abilities.

Believe in victory!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 15-Jul-2007, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

so far so good - now let's hope those idiots don't find another way to get what they want.

They should have seen after this - that every voice counts and can make an effort!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 15-Jul-2007, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

Despite the apparent reprieve I still half expected to tune into Highlander Radio and hear:

"I can't remember if I cried..........

But something touched me deep inside,
The day the music died."

from "American Pie" by Don McLean

being played over and over and over again. sad.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Senara 
Posted: 15-Jul-2007, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Still in the process of wording another heartfelt letter to my congressmen, hopefully my additional plea will help matters some.

Found a quote I think you may all like to use in your correspondence.

“Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.”

John Lennon

Fight on my brothers and sisters! We shall win the battle yet!

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 15-Jul-2007, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I contacted my two senators via email last week with no problem but couldn't get to my congressman because there was some glitch in the website. I've contacted him previously on this subject so I felt that he had at least heard from me recently on it. I haven't received personalized responses but will let y'all know when I do.

I can tell you that it was with much trepidation that I logged onto live365 just now. I wondered if I was going to see a R.I.P. message. Thanks the heavens that y'all are still there - at least for now. I feel as though we are fighting this fight one day at a time.

I'll be hanging in there and waiting for news.

wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 15-Jul-2007, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,391 Gold!

We received a very nice email today from the front office of Wolfstone. In addition to fully supporting our efforts and U.S. Internet Radio they sent this message to everyone:

"All the very best for the future and say a big hello to all your listeners from Wolfstone and hope to see them all when the band tour in the US of A again next year."

We will be monitoring the news this week and see what turns up. Thanks for everyones continued efforts.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]