Bookmark and Share
bluprek 
Posted: 16-Jan-2008, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

I saw them twice last year,,, at the Fling and then at the Pgh Irish Fest. I just don't remember the bailing hay thing at all. But there was so much music and crowd participation that it doesn't stick.

As for the news...

Noooooooooooooooooo!!! sad.gif sad.gif

The Bhoys are one of my absolute favorites!!!

Bets sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic Shark 
Posted: 16-Jan-2008, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

The lyrics you are posting actually belong to a Saw Doctors song called Hay Wrap.

Bale them! Bale them!
Hay! Hay!

Any chance you could give us a few more words?

I'm really familiar with the Bhoys - but I am drawing a complete blank on which song it might be

PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 16-Jan-2008, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Hel -...um, Argyll...

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

It very well could be that they were just doing a cover of that song for the concert. It's what comes to mind anyway.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Celtic Shark 
Posted: 17-Jan-2008, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Actually, I really don't think they would cover that one.

Unfortunately the set lists I have don't have a common ender - and my memory is only as good as the next shiny object I see - but I think Graham tends to take the tune that they finish with (Itchy Fingers, Dipstick and Full Contact tend to be the finishers) and makes it a barn burner - he tells the crowd - "let me hear you scream!" and flourishes the finishes, with the crowd jumping, pumping fists and yelling.

On the good news front - this is from their website today........

"Graham is doing very well and is eager to return to the stage, we are hoping some time this year."

Good news for the Bhoys Fhans!
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 17-Jan-2008, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Hel -...um, Argyll...

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

It's been a few years since I've seen them live, alas. I'm so glad to hear Graham's doing better though. Tyroid's a right bitch.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
GardenMiss 
Posted: 23-Jan-2008, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (everafter64 @ 13-Jan-2008, 07:54 PM)
Hi, I was the listener asking about what I thought was a Glengharry Bhoys song. I had heard it as recently as June 25, 2007. Knowing what I know now (that it would be the last time I would get to see them), I am so glad that I didn't miss their show to kick off the 2007 Celtic Fling--it was only two days after having had knee surgery, but I was there in the front row with my crutches! I know for sure that GB sang the song because I remember I took a video clip of it on my cell phone to send to my daughter who was deployed to UAE (it was one of her favorite Ceilidh songs). Thanks to everyone who tried to figure out what song it was. I'm not positive that it was only a GB song--others may have sang it too. I'm hoping to get to the Philly Scots-Irish Fest in February, so maybe it will pop up there.

Have you searched youtube? They have several videos with 2007 in the tags for a time line...
PMEmail Poster               
everafter64 
Posted: 17-Mar-2008, 04:51 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

Hi All! Thanks again for rallying around trying to find out the name of this song. I actually found a 15-second clip of the song that I have taken on my cell phone, but it won't let me upload to post it here (it's a 3GPP2 Movie). I'll see if I can find the song "Hay Wrap" to see if that is actually it.

BTW--isn't the PA Ren Faire Celtic Fling AWESOME! Can't wait to see the line up for June 28 and 29 this year (and this time NOT on crutches three days post surgery). I think Ceann is going to be there again.

Has anyone been to the Frederick Celtic Festival? We were thinking about going to it this year since Enter The Haggis is playing.

Thanks, again!
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt