Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Obamas VP Pick, How will the Clinton supporters react?
gwenlee 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Well I read this morning that Obama has picked his VP. A most liberal Senator, Joe Biden. Now I wonder how will the Clinton supporters react?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

gwenlee;

I know absolutely nothing about Joe Biden but I don't think he will be pulling the strings like Cheney did.

Camac.

Jillian 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Gwenlee,

Very interesting. I saw Biden speak 26 years ago at a college graduation ceremony in Delaware. He was very charasmatic in his younger years. Do you think Hilary's feeling the "diss" or what? This ought to be interesting as both Biden and McCain are known for their outspokeness! Let the games begin I guess! bash.gif

Jill

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
Haggishead 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

I used to live in his state (DE). He is such a joke.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Hillary's better out of it at this level. Some Clinton supporters were feeling the grudgefulness enough to say they would not vote the ticket if she WERE nominated, because they thought she deserved the #1 spot. That's dumb, but it's an index of the passion she has invoked, and that's not the best thing for a functional equilibrium at the highest level. If Obama does not have Hillary in a key position in the cabinet, however, where she could do one hell of a lot of good, he will miss a grand opportunity. I think she is sincere that she would get in behind him and push, with all her remarkable strength. And it would keep her husband the loose cannon at a safe enough distance from the highest office, while still making him close and available enough for what he can contribute with all his experience and political force.

I don't care for Biden. I hate what he does to the English language, for one thing -- and so much of it! dry.gif
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 23-Aug-2008, 09:58 AM)
Hillary's better out of it at this level. Some Clinton supporters were feeling the grudgefulness enough to say they would not vote the ticket if she WERE nominated, because they thought she deserved the #1 spot. That's dumb, but it's an index of the passion she has invoked, and that's not the best thing for a functional equilibrium at the highest level. If Obama does not have Hillary in a key position in the cabinet, however, where she could do one hell of a lot of good, he will miss a grand opportunity. I think she is sincere that she would get in behind him and push, with all her remarkable strength. And it would keep her husband the loose cannon at a safe enough distance from the highest office, while still making him close and available enough for what he can contribute with all his experience and political force.

I don't care for Biden. I hate what he does to the English language, for one thing -- and so much of it! dry.gif

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Joe Biden is a good as a politician as can be, except for Kucinich. So I guess there is some sour grapes in me too.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (John Clements @ 23-Aug-2008, 10:40 AM)
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Joe Biden is a good as a politician as can be, except for Kucinich. So I guess there is some sour grapes in me too.

Weren't you supposed to be out painting a house? tongue.gif

No, really, I never liked Biden's big mouth, and I've been saying right along that I was very ambivalent about Hillary getting into the White House. It's not sour grapes. I'm honestly hoping everyone concerned will shape up to the best they can be and just get down to cleaning up the frickin' mess.

So how's that house coming anyway?
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 23-Aug-2008, 10:49 AM)
Weren't you supposed to be out painting a house? tongue.gif

No, really, I never liked Biden's big mouth, and I've been saying right along that I was very ambivalent about Hillary getting into the White House. It's not sour grapes. I'm honestly hoping everyone concerned will shape up to the best they can be and just get down to cleaning up the frickin' mess.

So how's that house coming anyway?

No! I just came in from doing a rain dance.
JC
PMEmail Poster               
Jillian 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

I'm honestly hoping everyone concerned will shape up to the best they can be and just get down to cleaning up the frickin' mess.
clap.gif clap.gif

I'll say. Jillian

gwenlee 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Camac @ 23-Aug-2008, 10:31 AM)
gwenlee;

I know absolutely nothing about Joe Biden but I don't think he will be pulling the strings like Cheney did.

Camac.

Camac-Our present VP has changed the role of the position. I think our futures VPs will be a lot more active. Biden will be no wall flower. Obama chose him so he would have "experience" on his ballot. Forget the Olympics, the real games is about to begin here.
Camac
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 23-Aug-2008, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 23-Aug-2008, 10:31 AM)
gwenlee;

Camac.

Camac-Our present VP has changed the role of the position. I think our futures VPs will be a lot more active. Biden will be no wall flower. Obama chose him so he would have "experience" on his ballot. Forget the Olympics, the real games is about to begin here.

gwenlee;

That is one of the thing about US Govenment I could never really understand is having a Vice President with little or no power just a spare tire in case something went wrong. Weird really weird. Up here after the PM is elected and forms his cabinet, who must also be elected to Parliament or appointed to the Senate, he chooses a member of the cabinet to be his backup ( can't remember what he or she is called)who carries on if the PM is out of the country or incapacitated. The member who is chosen also hold a cabinet portfolio like Minister of Finance or External Affairs.

From what I gleaned from NBC news last night Sen. Biden suffers on occasion from verbal diarrhea and has made a few pronounced gaffs but is also extremely knowlegable on Foreign Affairs.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I suspect that a strong intelligent president will push the VP back into the old position. Obama made the comment that He would pick someone qualified to fill his (Obama's) position. In reality, Obama has taken a centrist position and the VP was picked to hold the far left votes. We are headed for some "interesting" times.

McCain has been on most of my outdoor tv programs promoting his strong second amendment position. His VP will be chosen to counter that. Within the last 8 years he has supported various gun control bills and co-sponsored one. How dumb do they think we are?

A quick test that can be used to determine if a candidate is being less than truthful is to watch their face closely. If their lips move they are not speaking truthfully! Works every time!!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]