> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Feb-2006, 01:56 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! In regards to the Superbowl I had really hoped the Seattle Seahawks would win...oh well! But wasn't Mick Jagger something? ! That 62-year old man acted every bit like a 20 year old! Must be nice, eh?

Then after that I watched my favorite TV show, Grey's Anatomy!

Hope y'all are doing well. We had a windy day today but still in the 70s.

Take care!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Feb-2006, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 31-Jan-2006, 09:35 PM)
Had you been getting regular updates for your software?

Sometimes but not as faithfully as we should... and as old as our antivirus stuff was, it wasn't capable of deflecting the new nasties that those evil hackers send out. The McAfee thing we have now updates itself frequently and is impressing the heck out of me.
And it even filters email for us. I remember years ago actually having to abandon our first Bellsouth email address because we were getting like 50 spam emails a day & couldn't stop them. We got a new email box with Bell, and all is well now. And I use a Yahoo address for this web site, and must say its pretty good about keeping the spam out too.

I didn't watch the Superbowl, Rose, but cheered for Pittsburgh by default since Sarah is from PA. None of us are big football fans, but I do love baseball. On the news recently they mentioned our Braves infielder and I got just silly about it, realizing for the first time that Spring Training is right around the corner. Guess what artwork I've got hanging on the wall at my new office at Union Grove?? The sketch I did of Tommy Glavine, former Braves pitcher! cool.gif

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Feb-2006, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I am very pleased with MacAfee. I had Norton before but I so like MacAfee better. It updates itself daily and screens any emails and I just really like it a lot! But I also have three anti-spywares programs on here too!

Hope all is doing well. all is well here. Just same ole same ole!
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 10-Feb-2006, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Good morning all!
Haven't posted much lately, but I have been checking to see how everyone is doing.
Taking a mental health day (vacation day) today. Have some snow with more on the way.
Hope everyone is doing well.
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 11-Feb-2006, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone.

Today is a cold wet day in Georgia. So me and the kids went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and are now at the library. I'm using one of there computers which are not too bad.

I'm not a football fan myself but I had hoped the Seahawks would have won. I even got out a Seahawk coat my brother gave me and wore it in support. You may wonder how a GA girl might support the Seahawks. Well I have a sister in Washington, and at one time my family lived out there. My brother is a die hard fan and has supported them when they were the worst team around.

Well I have been very busy and working a lot. My daughter and I went and chose the flowers. Her husband to be was having a heart attack over the cost.
Men have no idea what a wedding cost. But we are getting some nice flower and we stayed under budget.

Mike: did you get some bad meat for your tacos? That is really sad that your own cooking made you sick. But I'm glad to hear you are better.

Well I have to go. I want to read my new Highlander Magazine that came in today.

Take care everyone

TTFN
MDF3530 
  Posted: 12-Feb-2006, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey all!

I haven't been online for a few days. My computer blowed up ohmy.gif ! The hard drive went bad again! This is the second time it's eaten a hard drive. My brother-in-law told me, in no uncertain terms, that he is not going to fix it again. When I can afford it, I'm gonna buy a Mac. It'd be cheaper to buy a new one than get mine fixed. I'd need the OS software ($300) and a new hard drive ($100). Figure in the service charge (probably about $50/hour) and the warranty and it'd come out to over $600.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
MDF3530 
  Posted: 12-Feb-2006, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Here's the Mac I'm probably gonna buy...

Apple.com-Mac mini
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 14-Feb-2006, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Anyone from South Dakota here? I am heading to Sioux Falls next week on business.
How was Valentines Day?
St. Patricks Day is just over a month away now. I wonder how much activity we'll see here that day?
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 17-Feb-2006, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Okay, here's an example of how expressions of love on Valentines Day change over the years...
My daughter has been dating this boy for about 1 1/2 yrs. and he brought her a rose and a box of chocolates. My husband have celebrated about 30 Valentines Days together and you know what he brought me?? Two cards (one funny, one romantic) and a set of insulated coffee cups & thermos containers for me to take coffee and hot soup to work in! laugh.gif laugh.gif
And you know what?!? I thought the mug/thermos combo was the most thoughtful, romantic thing I've ever received!

True love, ah yes...

SB
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 20-Feb-2006, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Sorry I have been away for so long. All is well but has been busy, as usual. We have our Highland games this weekend coming up and I will be attending. In fact, our Jacobite re-enactment group will be doing our thing there. I have my outfit all ready. Gosh! It is hysterical. I look like an ole fat woman. I look about 400 lbs with all those layers of clothing on me. Not very flattering for the figure, but hey. It is all in fun. Several of us are also having breakfast with author, Diana Gabaldon, that Saturday morning before the games too. So that should be fun.

We are planning for our next vacation which will probably be in April or May. we are seriously thinking about Colorado and New Mexico this time. There is a Durango/Silverton train we want to ride all through there and then go down to NM to take the Toltec train. From the photos I have seen of these train trips, I should hopefully get some really awesome photos. Well those are the plans for now anyway.

How is everyone else doing?

Mike, so sorry about your pc. I hope you get a new one soon.

Take care and speak to you soon!
gwenlee 
Posted: 23-Feb-2006, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone

I hope you are all doing well. I hate to say it every time that I have been busy, but that is the truth. I usually get on though and see what is the latest that is going on even though I don't always write something. I spent another Saturday with my daughter getting thing for the wedding. I did well and didn't spend much money. I have also been working a lot and my house looks it. Oh well maybe this weekend I can get it done.

CR I hope you post a picture of you in your outfit. I too am making a time period outfit and you are right it doesn't flatter the figure.

The weather has been terrible this past week cold and wet. I am so ready for some warm sunshine.

We have started to get ready for the up coming game season and I am looking forward to everything. The first festival will be the Tunnel Hill Celtic festival in Dalton, GA so if any of you are around stop by.

Well I have to go to work tonight. No dance class for me this week.

TTFN

Gwenlee
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-Feb-2006, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I tell you what, Gwen, I'm ready for some sunshine too!!! It's been so rainy, the pasture where Lauren's horse lives is Muckville - biggrin.gif It's literally bottomland, with a creek running thru the middle, and during drier days its pretty with lots of grass and the nice stream providing good clean water. But for about three weeks, its been nothing but Ick!

Good luck to everyone who is going to festivals and games soon.

Siobhan

PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 24-Feb-2006, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Well SB the good Lord must have heard us. Today was beautiful. The pastures here are mudville too. We had to put off shoeing the horses because it was so wet.

Tomorrow I have to go to Dahlonaga and give my daughter her Avonex shot. She usually gets a friend to do it but her friend has been away and she really shouldn't go without it. I would really hate for her to have another MS attack she has beein in remission for about 4 years. Besides it should be a nice visit.

Gwenlee
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 27-Feb-2006, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Two and a half weeks till St. Patricks Day. Any big plans for anyone?

A year ago on St Paddy's Day, this board exploded with activity. I wonder if it will be the same this year?
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

We'll be celebrating our youngest's birthday!!! Lots of celtic music (especially Riverdance, which she loves!), lots of shamrocks everywhere, but no green food (we're still working on that one rolleyes.gif ). It'll be a double celebration, much to her pride and delight band.gif clap.gif clap.gif gossip.gif happybday.gif hug.gif toot.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]