Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

I just saw the movie 'White Noise' tonight. This is one freaky movie. I wouldn't recommend you see this movie alone!

Here is the website on the movie:

http://www.whitenoisemovie.com/

And there is a timeline on this site about EVP! Check it out if you dare!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Jul-2005, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Macfive, I saw that movie I liked it except I felt like I needed to run over and fix the fuzz...Thanks for the link..
I thought it was a lot better than it was given credit..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 01-Aug-2005, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

The movie was alright...but freaked me out pretty good.

I don't think I'd want to mess around with that stuff, but has anyone on here tried it?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 01-Aug-2005, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

The movie was great! Yes I have tried it long before it even had a name... I have a 4 channel discrete reel to reel studio grade tape recorder and player... it has a white noise generator... I let this record over night several times and it creeped me out... the dead ( or someone ) speak in the nite!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 01-Aug-2005, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

So you have had contact huh? Anything interesting that you've been able to decipher from the dead?
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 01-Aug-2005, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

If you read my posts in the "Grove" you will know that I walk between the worlds, I have had more then just contact through white noise, but that is what got me started many, many years ago.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Well -- now this is interesting, because it would seem there's so many ways that contact like that could go. Understand me, I have no sensitivity that I know of, and no such experiences. I think it would scare me pretty much.

What is the quality of it? I would think you are not frightened after such an amount of time, but how is the encounter? Do they do anything for or against you? Or you for them? is it just a neutral thing of ships passing in the night, on near but separate seas? Do you feel you know them, or they you?
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

White Noise didn't do a whole lot for me, but then again...I'm jaded. biggrin.gif

EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) are personally one of my favorite things to work with on an investigation. I'd much rather putter around with my recorders than with cameras, which makes me sometimes a bit of the oddball in the group. LOL

Many EVPs don't seem to make a whole lot of sense at all...you'll get random words and phrases that have little to do with the present conversation (if there is one), or they just pop up of their own accord with little or no prompting. Also, a lot of the time, what's actually been said is up for a lot of interpretation. What I hear may not be what someone else hears. Still other times, one can only discern that it's a human voice, possibly a sex and a number of syllables, and that's about it.

Then there's the ones that are clear as day, often perfectly in context with any discussion or questions asked. These tend to be rarer, but are golden when they come along. When you get a direct answer to a direct question, the goosebumps tend to come! LOL Some EVP I've heard were commentary on us, as if they were discussing amongst themselves who we were and what we were doing there.

I forget which group has it, but there's one that sounds like a man and a woman talking with each other. The male asks what they (the researchers) want them to do, and the woman says with obvious exasperation; "They WANT you to TALK!" I laughed at that one for a good long while, but it's a good example of the possibility that we're being observed just as much as we're trying to observe the spirits.

I've captured EVP over the years on just about anything that will record voices. I've used microcassettes, ghetto-blaster size boom boxes, compact audio cassette recorders, video camera microphones while taping, and now my current favorites are my twin Olympus digital voice recorders. I've tried the white noise theory in recording EVP, but I've usually done without on most investigation sites, simply because it hasn't been feasible to set up anything that would provide adequate background noise, particularly when there's no power to the site. I don't see a discernable difference between having it and not, and the amount of results gleaned as a result. Then again, others swear by it, so perhaps it's a simple matter of personal taste. I know some seem to be luckier than others in getting EVP in the first place...

I've got a few EVP that I can link you guys to from our site if you're interested at all. Lemme know. smile.gif

Melissa
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I am, actually. I wonder if these are ever tested on a number of people in a systematic way, to see if there is a consensus that shows a lower probability of occurrence than chance, about what the voices are saying. It is spot on that we assemble random signal cognitively in order to make interpretable information out of it, as you say. Human brains just do that -- we impose order where there is none. It lowers anxiety and enhances defense functions.

But that would not necessarily mean that there is no order there that a human did not impose, if you follow me. So I would be interested particularly in seeing such material tested systematically. Not as a killjoy or a scientific pain in the patoot -- au contraire, I would be excited if there is something there. And a little spooked. unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Coming up...let the baby quit kicking me quite so hard, and I'll get right on it. LOL
Rindy 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi, this is all so interesting to me.. I would love some links to this if you are willing to post them.
Its all hard to believe but I guess time will tell for all of us..LOL unsure.gif I am going to have to see the movie again I only saw it once..

Congrats on your baby! When are you due? Forgive me if you have told me before.
No Hurry on the links really... smile.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Let me add a bit of context to each of these...as I've said, all are open to interpretation, and these are our best guesses at what we've picked up. Some video contains VAs (Visual Anomalies) and SAs (Sound Anomalies, which are noises that we can't account for and show up on tape/recording). I'll just put a couple on here to give some quick examples. Warning: The first one is a video, the rest are .wav files.

(Ganked from the website)
In Part 8 there are a lot of strange things that happen. I'm going to point out the few we found, and let you know that Scott our tour guide, Scott (Kimberly's boyfriend), and Carl (Cara's friend) were the only men on the hunt with us. Carl wasn't in our part of the building at the time, and both Scotts left to go out to the car for a new tape before all the things happened and they weren't back yet when we left the room.

3:33 - something flashes in top right hand side of the screen
3:37 - I don't see it but someone said they saw a set of legs at the bottom of the steps to the right.
4:22 - Mans voice
4:44 - whisper voice "what can I get"???
4:47 - voice saying, "i'm on video now"
4:50 - 2 steps
4:59 - Someone comes running down steps HARD and hits the floor (no one is on the steps)
5:23 - 5:30 sounds like tapping on pipes, not sure if it was us or not

Video, Mansfield Reformatory

_____

I captured this one at a private residence. We're discussing the former owners of the house, and whether or not the couple had suffered the loss of children while living there. Someone whispers, "yes" just before Wendy (the homeowner) answers in the affirmative as well.

"Yes"

_____

This is from Moundsville Reformatory/Penitentiary in West Virginia. Seemingly in answer to the question, "What is your name?" A male voice appears to answer, "Todd". It should be noted that there were no other males present with that name during recording. The only man present was named Dan.

"Todd"

This seems to us to be the same entity/spirit following the group around, and this is recorded a few minutes later. In answer to the question, "How did you die?", the answer comes, "Locked up".

"Locked up"
Sekhmet 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 02-Aug-2005, 08:49 PM)
I am, actually. I wonder if these are ever tested on a number of people in a systematic way, to see if there is a consensus that shows a lower probability of occurrence than chance, about what the voices are saying. It is spot on that we assemble random signal cognitively in order to make interpretable information out of it, as you say. Human brains just do that -- we impose order where there is none. It lowers anxiety and enhances defense functions.

But that would not necessarily mean that there is no order there that a human did not impose, if you follow me. So I would be interested particularly in seeing such material tested systematically. Not as a killjoy or a scientific pain in the patoot -- au contraire, I would be excited if there is something there. And a little spooked. unsure.gif

Hey, questioning all of this is what got us into this obse...um, hobby in the first place. I'd never actually thought of trying to test out the "some are luckier than others" theory formally, or even the "with-or-without-background noise" one, but both would be excellent in weeding out what might be chance, or uncover an actual pattern. Hrm...going to have to run that past a few people.

Just like the human brain is wired to recognize facial patterns, so too is it wired to put order in sound where it feels there should be, absolutely. I've seen a lot of groups attempt to "clean up" their EVP by filtering out background noise and leveling off inflection in the voice snippet in question, and it all comes out very "computer-ized". While for many it's a great help in trying to interpret what may or may not be said, for me it drives me BATTY. For me it sounds like R2-D2 in the middle of a grand mal seizure. I need that clip to be "au naturel" in order to even try and pick something sensical out of it.
Sekhmet 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

LOL S'ok, Rindy. I'm due around Thanksgiving. I've only been back a few days after a long unscheduled absence, so don't feel bad at all.
Rindy 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks so much for the links Sekhmet. Good luck in all of you ghost hunting.

Let me know when you have the baby..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]