Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> TT Motorcycle Races, Still Being Held?
Patriot1776 
Posted: 27-Oct-2008, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

I've read some about the Tourist Trophy races on the Isle of Man, and I'm wondering if the motorcycle races are still being held. I've read that the TT motorcycle race is the most insane motorcycling event that was, and hopefully still is, being held with bikes ducking in and out of city streets on a course with no race preparations (and last I heard, unchanged since 1911) at 240+ km/h.

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
manxman 
Posted: 10-Feb-2009, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Zurich CH

male

Hi

The races are certainly still going! The TT is held at the end of May/ start of June and the similar Grand Prix in at the end of August. Yes it's insane, but then any form of racing on such powerful bikes is.

No, no - the roads are not the same as in 1911. They are repaired and spruced up just before the races each year. However, the occasional bike hitting a kerb or man-hole cover can be fatal.

Just google "TT races" and you'll find everything.

Manxman
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]