> For Ladies Only, No Boys Allowed
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Aug-2005, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Oh that is so incredibly sweet you're together again! My goodness, how you must have missed him. Sounds like he's lost a good deal of weight, but considering the situation its understandable isn't it... you be sure and tell him he's my (our?) hero, okay?! I mean it. I appreciate every single person in the armed services who is over there representing our country.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 15-Aug-2005, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hello Ladies,

short update (yeah yeah, I know I am not supposed to be online - but if he is doing things on his computer I might as well do some on mine tongue.gif ).

Well, we have been to several movies and several restaurants and been here at the Paramount Amusement Park (Carowinds).

Otherwise we just spend time together which is really nice. My son is really happy that his Daddy is here. Just so sad that on next week Wednesday (24th) he is leaving again - going back to Iraq. But at least he will be back between end of October and middle of November. So not much time before he is home for a while - before he might have to get over there again.

Take care all of you!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Moon Child 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 05:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Hello my gal pals!!! How I've missed you all!! hug.gif

Monarch, I'm so happy to hear that your hubby is home safe and I hope your enjoying your time together!!!!

My trip was great and was definitely not long enough!!! The night working in the bar was good, I wasn't really that busy but the waitresses were!! They had a ball tournament that weekend I was there so the bar was steady!!

Things with Andrew went great!!! We hit it off right away and have so much in common but he's really shy. But that's ok since I seem to balance him out!! tongue.gif He's really tall too!!! The first time we hugged I had to step up on my tippie toes and he still had to bend down to give me a hug!! laugh.gif We're still talking nearly every day and can't wait to see each other again. He even sent me a poem he wrote for me after I got back, it was so sweet. He even told me he has another one he's in the process of writing right now!! How could I be so lucky to find him!?!

I enjoyed it so much out there that I have decided to move there!!! Not only for the fact of Andrew and my friends and family but I looked into going back to school and taking mechanics!! I'm bet your all not that surprised I want to get into mechanics but they have a really great program out there. I would either have to go to Saskatoon or Moose Jaw for the course since they don't have it in Prince Albert but I would prefer to go to Saskatoon since it's only about a 45 min drive away. The first part of the course is to get my certificate to work in a shop that lasts for 36 weeks and costs about $3300 plus books and supplies on top of that. Then the next course is the diploma course which is more to do with the financial aspects and how to run your own shop. It would also give me my journeyperson's status as well and is also a 36 week course and costs the same. I also looked into doing that type of course out here but they only have a 10 week course that is a introduction to mechanics which costs $3800. wink.gif So I pretty much decided that if I'm going to go for it I'm going to have to do it out there!! My parents and friends are very supportive of me moving out there and are very happy that I'm actually going for my dreams!! I'm planning on moving out there after Christmas. One of the guys that I work with that does graves as well is going to Thailand for 3 months starting in October. So I'm going to wait till he comes back before I leave so I don't leave the rest of the girls here stranded. He gets back on January 10th so I'll be leaving after that.

When I got back Jack and I worked on the car and we finally got it running!! We changed the rad but found that it was still overheating so we had to change the head gaskets and ended up getting the heads planed down as well since they were warped. It took us about 3 days to put the motor all back together and now we found out that the bottom end of the motor is going!!! wallbash.gif So Jack told me that it's not worth the money or time to do that as well and advised me to look for another vehicle. He told me to drive the car though until I can find something else and to even look for one in Saskatchewan since I'll be moving there. Then I don't need to get a vehicle inspection done on it and it'll save me a lot of money as well!!! So I have my step-dad and some friends out there keeping an eye out for my dream truck for me or even just a truck period!! biggrin.gif

So other than that I've been busy working since I got back and I'm getting ready for my trip to PEI in less than 2 weeks!! I can't wait for that trip either!! As soon as I get the pictures from Michelle I will post them for you guys to see. I think she has a couple of me and Andrew.

Well I gotta get back to work again...talk to you all soon!!!
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey ladies! About time I got in here, eh? wow! It has been so busy for me lately. I told you all I joined a re-enactment group. We do the Jacobite 45 and RevWar periods. I have had to spend a lot of time in doing research in genealogy, clothing, language, history, manners, etc., etc. I also joined the Daughters of the American Revolution as since the public will be asking me a lot of questions, I think it would be nice to say how I have a great-grandfather who fought in the battle. I also have another great-grandfather who fought in one of the Jacobite Risings as well. So that is where I have been. I am still doing physical therapy and the therapist want to extend my therapy so we need to get doctor and insurance approval on that.

Monarch! How wonderful you and hubby and son are getting to spend quality time together. I will be sad for your next Wednesday, but sounds like he is coming right back soon! How long will he back for next time? Are you allowed to tell us what he is doing in Iraq? I mean is he on the front lines fighting?

Hey MoonChild! Well congrats on your decision! My nephew is a mechanic and he makes very good money, plus it is something he really loves doing. He works on the big diesel trucks and other big rigs. He makes about $20.00 an hour! ohmy.gif So you are moving, eh? How far is that from where you are? Did you say you have friends and family there too? Glad to hear things are going well for you and Andrew. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Take care everyone!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Annabelle 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Lions, Tigers and Bears O, MY!

Sounds like everyone has been super busy this summer! Sorry I haven't made time to chat lately...too much to do and so little time to goof off!

As for those who have family overseas in the military my son is leaving for Iraq so I'll be worrying like all the other mom's.

A

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Hello all,

Annabelle - I will worry with you until your son returns home.

CR - my husband is not really in the frontlines fighting - at least not that I know of. He is mostly in the Dinning Facility (DFAC) and sits on the phone with me. tongue.gif

When he comes back this time - he will stay at least 6 months or longer here with me. It all depends on if they send them out again after 6 months or not.

So far we had a great time. Just the last two days were a bit boring. We had about 100 F here and with the humidity and the heat index - it felt like 105 - 110 F. So we stayed indoors most of the time, relaxing and watching DVD's and TV.

Thanks for Netflix lol! biggrin.gif

Moon Child - I think it's great to go after your dreams and I wish you the best of luck!
Moon Child 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

CR, that's great to hear about your re-enactments. Sounds like you have been really busy!!! I hope you get approval for the physio therapy. Sounds like you need it and it's really helping your back!!
I have a more definite date for as to when I'm going to be moving. I'm leaving after Michael here at work gets back from Thailand. He's soming back on January 10th so I'll be leaving after that. I'm moving to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan which is about a 7-8 hr drive from here. I'm looking forward to it, plus I grew up in Saskatchewan most of my life so it's not that new to me!! I also can't wait to start school, I really enjoy mechanics and I'm happy that I will finally have a job I truly have a passion for.

Annabelle, you and your family will be in our thoughts till your son gets home safely.

Monarch, thanks for wishing me luck. It's nice to finally be able to go for one of my dreams and actually make it happen!!
It's so exciting to hear that your hubby will be able to stay longer with you and the family the next time he comes back!!!

Well take care everyone!!
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-Aug-2005, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Moon Child, you go for it honey! The fella and the mechanic studies both - biggrin.gif
My daughter took Auto Tech in high school last year and wowed the instructor; he told me he wished she'd be in there every semester, and that it was his experience that girls study harder, pay attention more in class, and are more thorough with their assignments than the guys are. So as far as vehicle repairs go, maybe girls DO rule eh?

Annabelle, you keep us informed on how your boy is okay? If there is any way we can email him or his buddies occasionally to give them a little moral support, let us know how... I know the soldiers don't often have internet access, but a friend of mine's son did and that was how she kept in touch with him. I wish I could tell your son and all the others over there how much I personally appreciate them putting their lives on the line for me.

Rose, you are going to have to build another closet in your house for all those Re-enactor costumes!
wink.gif I think its neat that you're getting involved in this.

SB
PM               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 25-Aug-2005, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Hello Ladies,

officially "green widow" again. LOL!

Husband left on Wednesday morning. But he should be home between end of October to middle of November. So this time the waiting is not so long.

Today was my son's first day of school and I took the liberty to take a nap after he left for school. That was quite nice.

Other than that - not much news here - at least for now.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Take care!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 26-Aug-2005, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

This morning I've noticed a definate drop in the humidity in the air; it doesn't feel quite as oppressive. Can you sense it in the air too, Monarchs? It is a bit of an encouragement to me, like a pat on the back that says "keep your chin up, autumn is on the way."

My hubby and I were talking real estate last night over dinner. Our area has changed a lot in the last 6 or 7 years, with roads widened & way too many shopping centers and housing subdivisions popping up all around us. (Rosemary, you'd be shocked to see how busy Austell Road is now, with the 4-lane East-West Connector up there near Cobb General Hospital. It looks almost like Hwy. 41!)

We wish we had a house with some land where its a bit quieter, so our daughter's horse could be at home with us... right now Glory lives about 20 minutes away, which is really 'do-able' and nothing to complain about since its FREE. (Sister-in-law has a little pasture, round pen, two-stall barn and no horse! Well gollee, we have a horse and no pasture - a match made in heaven then.)

But there probably is no move in sight. Doesn't feel right to actively pursue it right now, but we're keeping our eyes open. I've learned to be patient, but also to pay attention to signs and intuition.
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Aug-2005, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Monarch! Well I am sure you were sad to see hubby go off again. But great news he will be back so soon too. I bet it was hard on your son to see him go too, wasn't it? Well you have lots of books coming out and reading to catch up on now! wink.gif biggrin.gif

SB! Holy cow! so it has really grown a lot around there then? ohmy.gif It was so pretty there too. It is really a shame to see such massive growth everywhere you go cause they take out trees and all the beautiful nature with it. Then I worry about the animals too. Would be nice to be able to find a new location one day, if that is possible for y'all.

We are still very hot here. will be until October at least.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 28-Aug-2005, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Hello,

CR - no it wasn't so bad to see my husband off. It was harder for him than for me. For me two months is nothing - but for him it seems to be a lifetime. But than again I have the nice quite life here while he is risking his over there.

It took him almost 4 days to get back to Baghdad. But now he is back "home". We talked several times on the phone already. Of course he was bored again. And we talked last night on the computer, and also this morning a little while.

But I am glad that he comes home soon. We can at least celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas this year together.

SB - I feel for you. Over here it's growing also more and more since they are planning to get more soldiers here to Ft Bragg. We got more and more houses growing and also more stores and restaurants. If we know that we are going to stay here for a longer while - we are thinking about buying a house. But so far we are not sure how much longer we will stay here in this area.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Aug-2005, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Monarch! So very glad to hear from you. I am glad to hear that your DH is back in Iraq safe and sound, but more so he will be home for you during the holidays. I can't wait till all our soldiers come home. I just have to say that I hope they all come home soon and be out of there. I know not many people agree with me, but enough is enough and our part is done as far as I am concerned. I am happy to hear your DH will be coming home soon and for the holidays no less! How wonderful is that? smile.gif
Moon Child 
Posted: 04-Sep-2005, 02:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Hello gal pals,

Just stopping in to say hi and to see how you are all doing!!

SB, I can understand how you feel about where you live!! Here in Calgary were nearly up to a million people and about 3 million in the whole province!! Calgary keeps on growing! It's getting to be a bit much for me as well and I look forward to moving to Saskatchewan. In Prince Albert there's only about 41,000 people which is a huge change but it's a lot quieter and I've been wanting that for quite some time now!! Good luck in your search for a new place out in the country!!

As for the girls rule...with mechanics we can definitely get our hands in more tight spots then them!! laugh.gif

Monarch, glad to hear that your hubby made it safely back to Baghdad!! Just think the next couple of months will fly by and then you'll have him back for the holidays!! Is he done his term in October or does he have to go back after the holidays??

CR, hope is all well with your back and physio!!!

I've been kind of busy since I last posted on here. I have finally talked to my boss about when I was planning on moving. My last day here at work will be around January 14th. She was happy that I gave lots of notice so they have time to hire and train someone new and I'm not leaving them stranded either. She was happy to here that I'm going back to school and has even told me that if I ever come back that I will have a job to come back to!! It was nice to hear that but I'm still not sure if I'm going to come back after I'm done school. Some of friends have told me that they think I will probally be coming back but I'm not too sure right now since I'll be out there for at least 2 yrs with school alone!! We'll just have to see I guess!!!

Things with Andrew and I are going good. We talk when ever we can but he's really busy doing harvest right now on the farm that he works on. He's planning on coming out here in November sometime after harvest to see me...I can't wait!!

Today I went to the Calgary Highland Games. It was great, I had such a good time!! My first time ever going to a highland games!! The only thing I was disappointed with was that they didn't have hagis there!! wink.gif I was looking forward to trying it!!! At the closing ceremonies they had a mass band that played together, I was blown away by the music that I nearly started to cry it was so powerful!! I can't wait for next year!!

So other than that I'm working all this next week up until Friday morning than my cousin and I leave Saturday morning for PEI!! We're both pretty excited and can't wait to go!!! Well i should get back to work I will catch up with you all later!
Take care hug.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 04-Sep-2005, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

QUOTE (Moon Child @ 04-Sep-2005, 04:16 AM)
Monarch, glad to hear that your hubby made it safely back to Baghdad!! Just think the next couple of months will fly by and then you'll have him back for the holidays!! Is he done his term in October or does he have to go back after the holidays??

Hey,

sorry I haven't been on the last few days. A bit busy.

MC - No when husband comes home in October/November it will be for good. At least until he has to go on another great tour like this. He will stay here at least for about 6 months. After that anything is possible. We could move or we could stay here and he might get deployed again.

Well, right now I am batteling with a cold - wich really makes me sleepy and just plain lazy. Hope I will be up and running on full speed in a few days.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me!

Take care of you all.

As of the moment it looks like my husband will be home before Halloween. That's good news, since we would like to drive up to Carowinds Amusement Park again and take advantage of the Halloween Party they do up there.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]