Posted: 20-Nov-2002, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

I think the Celts are one of the most fascinating and most underestimated peoples in world history - with all their knowledge, philosophy, social structure, courange and warfare; something the Scots and Irish have inherited. Another bit of information about them: Martin Helm writes about their origins that their predecessors came nearly 4000 years ago from the banks of the Wolga, if I remember rightly. From there they emigrated and expanded for lack of food and settling space. By the way theres loads of celtic archeaological sites in southern Germany: the Heuneburg near Sigmaringen is well worth a visit ... not to forget Hochdorf. Besides there are many smaller celtic remnants down there, e.g. the Magdalenenberg near Villingen (tomb of a celtic princess), the Tuernleberg (remnants of a celtic place of worship) and several other tombs along the forest seam near Schwenningen!!!  ::lol  ::luvscotland

--------------------
Scottish in Heart :-))

In the darkest heart the pride of man will walk allone

's ged tha mi fada bhuat cha dhealaich sinn a chaoidh

Darkover RPG
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 10-Dec-2002, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

I am learning from reading and from such programs that I find on the Discovery channel that the celts were also great astronomers - on a level par with the Egyptians and Aztecs with their pyramids, althought the celts used great stones and various carvings and land formations to mark the celestial bodies rather than great monumental buildings.

I watched a program last evening "Ancient Astronauts" on Discovery Science, about a Celtic worship site - it seems that when the ceremonial drums and music were played, the entire structure resonanted in such a way as to alter brain waves - something the documentary called "Delta Wave" patterns in the human brain. These Delta patterns produced an effect of completely relaxing the body, while leaving the mind in a highly alert mental state. They stated that this was how shamans were able to produce altered states of being, to literarly speak and commune with thier gods.

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]