Posted: 07-Feb-2005, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

The City of Wytheville

The Guardians campaign takes place in my home town, the actual town of Wytheville, Virginia. However Wytheville has undergone some changes to serve this purpose, the most notable being that - for the purposes of our games - Wytheville is a city rather than a town. Below are some details of our fictional version of Wytheville.

Sheriff: Duane Pike

Newspaper: The Wytheville Enterprise
Owner: Phil Booker

The city of Wytheville has, and enforces, a 9:00 p.m. curfew for all under the age of 18.

The city of Wytheville was built atop the ruins of an older Native American city simply referred to as the Undercity. Caves at the outskirts of town allow the curious to explore, but it is very dangerous and the city does not condone anyone going there.

Withers Park in downtown Wytheville does not exist in our fictional version of the town. In its place, in the same general location, is found Withers Market. Withers Market is an open air mall occupying the area that is now Withers Park, beside the Sheriff?s Office in downtown Wytheville. The interior of the mall is a large, open park-like area filled with grass, trees, benches, and a raised stage area. This is used every Friday night for a live ceilidh with an open mic for all members of the public. Store hours are 9 am - 9 pm Sunday - Thursday, and 9 am - 11 pm Friday and Saturday. Restaurants and bars close at 11 pm Sunday -Thursday and close at 1 am Friday and Saturday.

Elizabeth Brown Park, a small park which actually does exist in the real town of Wytheville, also exits in the fictional version of it, but on a much larger scale. In the fictional city of Wytheville, this park is a half-sized version of Central Park in New York City. The small stream that runs through the actual park has been expanded such that it is now a small river that feeds into the New River.

Wytheville Community College does not exist. In its place is the fictional Wytheville University, which is most notable for its Linguistics department and curriculum.

Wytheville is also home to an asylum as well as a rather large prison.

In addition to being the home of Chatauqua (an annual arts and crafts festival), the fictional Wytheville is also home of the Virginia Highlands Festival as well as the largest live Celtic music festival on the east coast.

Just to the north of Wytheville is the fictional Blue Ridge National Park.

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 02-Apr-2005, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

New Notes Regarding the Wytheville Campaign:

Wolf Creek Reservation:

In the real-world, there is an exhibit called the Wolf Creek Indian Pavilion to the north of Wytheville. The remains of an indian camp were found here, and the real-world exhibit shows what life would have been like in such a camp. In the Guardians capmaign, however, this exhibit is replaced with an actual small Indian reservation. The Indians living here are the descendants of the Wakani. A very tight-lipped, secretive people who will share almost nothing about their people and ways with outsiders. Have their own language which no one outside the tribe has ever learned

Wakani:

An Indian tribe which once lived in the Undercity, an area beneath the city of Wytheville. Almost nothing is known about the Wakani, their history or ways, and their modern-day descendants aren?t tellin

The Undercity:

Recently it was discovered that the city of Wytheville was built overtop of a series of caverns which was once inhabited by a little-known nation of subterranean Native Americans, the Wakani. Several expeditions have been mounted to attempt to explore the Undercity, but all have ended in disaster. It was thought the modern Wakani were sabotaging these expeditions, but survivors have related odd, supernatural events as the cause of failure.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]