MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-Jan-2006, 01:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Actually, SRV's version of "Mary Had A Little Lamb" was originally done by another blues master (and longtime Chicago club owner), Buddy Guy.

URL: http://www.buddyguys.com/

I've been there twice. Excellent venue for live music. Both times, however, the opening act was better than the main act.

I've heard that it's not uncommon for the man himself to get up on stage and jam with whoever's playing that night when he's in town. It's gotta be a thrill for whoever is on stage to be playing alongside a blues legend like Buddy.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Emmet 
Posted: 14-Jan-2006, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

A question: How many of you buy products that are locally made?

user posted image
The Dunedin Brewery

Excellent ales, and better friends!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 14-Jan-2006, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

Yesterday was Friday the 13th...

I was working the door during a service at my favorite chapel yesterday, when I got an ominous call from the back office that the managing funeral director in charge wanted to see me. Walk back there, mentally going down the list (a short list, but alas, a list) of things I could be busted on. He and our second funeral director were solemnly sitting there..."Are you still interested in a full-time position?" 40 hours a week, rotating weekends off, health insurance for my wife and myself, tuition reimbursement (just started mort school Monday), and quite possibly a raise, at a chapel down the street from my house where the directors like me and we work well together.
It's been 2 years, 4 months, and 14 days since I lost my last full-time job with benefits. My wife squealed into the phone unintelligibly, then said "Did you jump on it?"
"I told them that I'd definitely be interested in discussing the matter with them."
"YOU WHAT!?"
"Well, it was a pretty short discussion."

beer_mug.gif w00t2.gif
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 14-Jan-2006, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

well as i first timer(newbee)i hope i'm doing this right!!so today it's pouring rain in montreal and we got to vote for one of 4 idiots on the 23rd...so much more can a body take?? sad.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Cordelia 
Posted: 14-Jan-2006, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

Hi! Nice to see another member from Canada here!
PMEmail Poster                
Dreamer1 
Posted: 15-Jan-2006, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

QUOTE (Emmet @ 14-Jan-2006, 09:37 AM)

I was working the door during a service at my favorite chapel yesterday, when I got an ominous call from the back office that the managing funeral director in charge wanted to see me. Walk back there, mentally going down the list (a short list, but alas, a list) of things I could be busted on. He and our second funeral director were solemnly sitting there..."Are you still interested in a full-time position?" 40 hours a week, rotating weekends off, health insurance for my wife and myself, tuition reimbursement (just started mort school Monday), and quite possibly a raise, at a chapel down the street from my house where the directors like me and we work well together.
It's been 2 years, 4 months, and 14 days since I lost my last full-time job with benefits. My wife squealed into the phone unintelligibly, then said "Did you jump on it?"
"I told them that I'd definitely be interested in discussing the matter with them."
"YOU WHAT!?"
"Well, it was a pretty short discussion."

beer_mug.gif w00t2.gif

Many, many Congrats Emmet!!! May this be all you hope for, and more - what wonderful news! (Who says Friday the 13th brings bad luck?!? laugh.gif )

cheers.gif
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-Jan-2006, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hey all!!!

I just wanted to alert you all to a good song that's available for free right now on iTunes' music store. It is "Bad Things" by an up-and-coming country singer named Jace Everett. It's from the darker side of country, but I like that. It sounds like something you may hear in a Quentin Tarantino movie, like "From Dusk Till Dawn".
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 17-Jan-2006, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Emmet, that really is good news! Congrats to you. Personally I've never believed Friday the 13th is unlucky, and not black cats either... a sweet black cat adopted me when I was about 15 years old, and over the years since then some of my most beloved cats have been black ones that looked like a Halloween advertisement!

MDF you're absolutely right about Buddy Guy being the originator of Mary Had a Little Lamb - I just like Stevie's version 'cause it sounds so wicked! I like the way he says " 'spress yourself! " too. Buddy is one of my favorites, and I highly recommend "Damn Right I Got the Blues" if you've never listened to his recordings.

Oh, wait - you'll get a kick out of this if you're a Buddy Guy fan... look at this web page, about halfway down and you'll see a painting of him that I did a number of years ago. I was so happy to capture that megawatt smile! I like the painting so much I've kept it for myself...

Music Moves the Soul - BG

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 17-Jan-2006, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Just a quick check-in: been busy with work, life, etc...
Also been raining here alot. I'd rather it snowed!! It's been lousy weather!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 17-Jan-2006, 10:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Good to hear from you JP!!!

I wish we had more snow too. We haven't had very much no.gif . If this keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of counties in Midwestern states enact temporary fireworks bans because of a drought.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 18-Jan-2006, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Emmet @ 14-Jan-2006, 09:37 AM)

I was working the door during a service at my favorite chapel yesterday, when I got an ominous call from the back office that the managing funeral director in charge wanted to see me. Walk back there, mentally going down the list (a short list, but alas, a list) of things I could be busted on. He and our second funeral director were solemnly sitting there. . .

smile.gif There's something really funny about this -- how funerary functionaries offer someone a job (and a last meal?)

I'm really happy for you! There's nothing like a secure job and good bennies to keep the wind in the pipes!
PMEmail Poster               
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 18-Jan-2006, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Wisconsin (Transplant, From Texas)

female

Hello again everyone! I've not been here in what seems like years, but I hope this "hello" finds you all in good health and love.

I've been busy with work, school, may daughters surgerys, and just life! That, and it's cold here! I'm not a big fan of snow...

hopefully I'll be around more...but not less.

wub.gif

--------------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit !
PMEmail Poster                
Rindy 
Posted: 19-Jan-2006, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone.. Wow, you all have been really busy.. Glad everyone is doing well.

Welcome to you sisterknight! I hope you enjoy the music as well as this wonderful forum.. I am glad you found us..

Its so good to see you jpmoore and Riobhca31.. Hope you have more time to spend with us..

I wish everyone a great day

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
  Posted: 19-Jan-2006, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hello all,

Well Friday is within sight and after that: the WEEKEND!! What's everybody got planned for this weekend??

I've got a bridal shower to go to, not for anyone I know well though - its for the future daughter-in-law of a church friend.
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Jan-2006, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone! I am really behind in all my emails and postings. I feel so bad, but other things have taken precedence. You know how life goes.

Had a first cousin and his wife come visit me this week. I was able to share with him the knowledge I have learned about our ancestry and he did me as well. Been fun. well, I honestly cannot think of anything else to share and yet there has been so much else going on.

I feel for y'all having to have such bad weather when we here in the desert has only in the 60s to complain about. However, we are 93 days without rain and that is not good. so we are anxious to receive that one day!

My in-laws from Oregon have been flooded beyond measure up there with all that rain and my BIL told me they were seeking seriously to move back to Tucson. So we will see. Take care and speak to you soon. !
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]