Patch 
Posted: 29-Dec-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

One semester when my brother, Peter, attended the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, an art-student friend of his asked if he could paint Peter's portrait for a class assignment. Peter agreed, and the art student painted and submitted the portrait, only to receive a C minus.

The art student approached the professor to ask why the grade was so poor. The teacher told him that the proportions in the painting were incorrect.

"The head is too big," the professor explained. "The shoulders are too wide, and the feet are enormous."

The next day, the art student brought Peter to see the professor. He took one look at my brother and said, "Okay, A minus."
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The shipwrecked mariner had spent several years on a deserted island. Then one morning he was thrilled to see a ship offshore and a smaller vessel pulling out toward him.

When the boat grounded on the beach, the officer in charge handed the marooned sailor a bundle of newspapers and told him, "The captain said to read through these and let us know if you still want to be rescued."

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

An Addiction

Connie told her 4-year-old grandson, Dean, not to jump on the beds. After several warnings she punished him, explaining that should he fall, he would hurt himself badly.

Several minutes passed... and he was back to jumping on the beds. Connie said, "Dean, you weren't jumping on the beds again, were you?"

He stood with his little head dropped low and said, "I'm trying, but it's so hard to quit."

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Little Mary was at her first wedding and gaped at the entire ceremony. When it was over, she asked her mother, "Why did the lady change her mind?"

Her mother asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, she went down the aisle with one man, and came back with another one."

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Sunday School students tell about the Bible:

-- St. John, the Blacksmith, dumped water on his head.

-- Jesus enunciated the Golden Rule, which says to do one to others before they do one to you. He also explained, "Man doth not live by sweat alone."

-- It was a miracle when Jesus rose from the dead and managed to get the tombstone off the entrance.

-- The people who followed the Lord were called the 12 decibels.

-- A Christian should have only one wife. This is called monotony.

-- The epistles were the wives of the apostles.

-- One of the opossums was St. Matthew, who was by profession a taximan.

-- When Mary heard that she was the Mother of Jesus, she sang the Magna Carta.

-- St. Paul cavorted to Christianity. He preached holy acrimony, which is another name for marriage

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Marriage Quotes

-- At a cocktail party, one woman said to another, Aren't you wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger?" Yes, I am. I married the wrong man."

-- A lady inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: "Husband Wanted". Next day she received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: "You can have mine."

-- When a woman steals your husband, there is no better revenge than to let her keep him.

-- A little boy asked his father, "Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?" Father replied, "I don't know son, I'm still paying."

-- Young son: "Is it true Dad, that in some parts of Africa a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her?" Dad: "That happens in every country, son."

-- Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

-- Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a big gut, and still think they are attractive to the opposite sex.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

One afternoon, a woman was in her back yard hanging the laundry when an old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. The woman could tell from the dog's collar and well-fed belly that he had a home. But when she walked into the house, the dog followed her, sauntered down the hall and fell asleep in a corner.

An hour later, he went to the door, and the woman let him out.

The next day the dog was back. He resumed his position in the hallway and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks.

Curious, the woman pinned a note to his collar: "Every afternoon, your dog comes to my house for a nap."

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

While walking through the woods one day, I was surprised to hear a child's voice. I followed the sound, trying in vain to understand the child's words. When I spotted a boy perched on a rock, I realized why his words had made no sense: He was repeating the alphabet.

"Why are you saying your ABC's so many times?" I asked him.

The child replied, "I'm saying my prayers."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Prayers? All I hear is the alphabet."

Patiently the child explained, "Well, I don't know all the words, so I give God the letters. He knows what I'm trying to say."

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Police Quotes

"The handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

"If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

"So, you don't know how fast you were going. I guess that means I can write anything I want on the ticket, huh?"

"Yes sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I am the shift supervisor?"

"Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

"The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or dog?"

"Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."

"No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

"Just how big were those two beers?

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

In my husband's work for a cable-television company, he encounters illegal hookups that drive up costs for other customers. One day he arrived at a repair job just as the homeowner was pulling into the driveway. She pointed the way to the den, where the tv was located, and then walked out to get the mail.

As my husband approached the tv, he saw a note taped to the screen. It read: "Don't forget to hide the descramblers before the cable guy comes. Love, Tom."

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Aunt Mary, a spinster of 92, had finally consented to go to a rest home, but strictly on a two-week-trial basis. Consequently, she took a small overnight case with only the bare essentials.

A couple of days later her niece was surprised to get a phone call from her demanding more clothes.

"Please bring me that good black silk, my lavender print, the brown wool..." and she went on and on. Finally after a brief questioning from her niece, Aunt Mary expostulated:

"There are MEN in this place!"

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The bride was anything but a tidy housekeeper. It didn't bother her much until one evening when her husband called from the hall, somewhat dismayed: "Honey, what happened to the dust on this table? I had a phone number written on it."

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Judge: I know you, don't I?

Defendant: Uh, yes.

Judge: All right, tell me, how do I know you?

Defendant: Judge, do I have to tell you?

Judge: Of course, you might be obstructing justice not to tell me.

Defendant: Okay. I was your bookie.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

A woman said to her friend, "I don't know what to do. My husband is such a mess maker that you can't imagine. He doesn't put anything in its place, I am always going around the house organizing things."

The friend says, "Take a tip from me. The first week after we were married I told my husband firmly, 'Every glass and plate that you take, wash when you are done and put back in its place.'"

The first woman asked, "Did it help?"

Her friend said, "I don't know. I haven't seen him since."

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Jan-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Application

The Day I started my construction job, I was in the office filling out an employee form when I came to:

Single__, Married__, Divorced___ .

I marked single. Glancing the man next to me who was also filling out the form, I noticed he hadn't marked any of the blanks.

Instead he'd written, "Yes, in that order."

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]