Posted: 29-Jan-2006, 12:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington, IN

female

It kind of Warms the heart reading these.

--------------------
"We all get heavier as we get older because
there's a lot more information in our heads."
So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me!
"Mama Tater"

PMEmail Poster               
Celticlady 
Posted: 13-Feb-2006, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northern CA

female

I always try to do a random act of kindness. The movie pay it forward was an awesome inpiration to me. I alway smile and wave to those that let me go first at a stop sign or to cross the street. I smile and say thanks to those that hold the door open for me to pass. In stores I always let the one behind me go first if they have one or two items and I have a cart full. Those are just simple things that take a few seconds to do but puts a smile on the other persons face that will last awhile.

I do have a many bigger RAOK "Random Act of Kindness" that I have done. here are just a couple.

In the store one day an elderly Gentleman was about 2 people ahead of me in line. He couldn't get his check card to work in the machine so he tried to pay cash for the few items he had. He didn't have enough money for all so was asking the clerk to take a few things off the bill. It was only 5 of 6 dollars worth and he was just buying bread milk and few other needed items. so the gal ahead of me and myself paid for the rest of the items. He followed both of out out of the store wanting to know how he could ever repay us. We told him one day you will have an opportunity to help somebody else just make sure that he did.

Another time I was at work one day and a coworkers former Foster Daughter stopped by to let her know that she was getting married that weekend and wanted her to come to the wedding. They were not having a big wedding as they couldn't afford it but were just going to have a small ceremoney at home. So my coworker told her to go to the store and pick out a dress that she would buy it for her. Since I sat right across from this coworker I heard the whole conversation. So on my lunch break I went and got my jewelry tools some mother of pearls hearts and gold wire and made her a neckalce and pair of earrings. I dangled a blue crystal off the clasp of the necklace. I gave them to my coworker to give to her foster daughter as something new and her something blue. My coworker offered to pay me but I refused. I told her it was my gift to her. We all cried LOL. When she got the pictures back of the wedding I couldn't have pick a more perfect stone to use in the set as they went perfect with the dress. She looked radiant and the groom was very handsome.

--------------------
Without kids life would be boring
PMEmail Poster               
NorLigh 
Posted: 22-Feb-2006, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

female

The day when I was leaving for Christmas break from work I was so excited because I was not going back to work until January 3rd. I got on the train in Chicago to head back to Indiana, and I realized as the train was pulling out of the station that I'd left my purse in my office at work. I had no money, no train pass, and no idea what to do. The conductors are fairly strict on the train, and I was just flabergasted. I started crying, and the man next to me asked me what was wrong. I told him, and he not only made a game plan for me, explaining the easiest and quickest way to get off this train and back to Chicago for my purse, but he also gave me $20.00 for my train fare.

I was so thankful for not only the money, but for his kindness and peace of mind that he offered me. I made sure to find him after the holiday (he is a regular train commuter also) and I gave him the $20.00 back. He was SHOCKED when I approached him with the cash and a huge "thank you." I don't think he ever expected me to return what he borrowed. It just made me feel really good.

I try to make sure to treat others the way I desire to be treated. I do not always achieve this goal- but I try, and I feel that God blesses me with kindness too when I need it.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 22-Feb-2006, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Did a bit of "guerilla counseling" at the school Starbucks today with a kid who was crying into her coffee. Taking Calc III for the second time, frozen solid petrified by it. Afraid to tell her family she's afraid she can never do math well enough to get out of the science program and into medical school (high-pressure achiever family). What does she really want to do? Psychology and early childhood education. Sent her to a Psych department advisor I know (a sweet guy) for a chat to explore possibilities, e-mailed him first so he would expect her. Not my job, but I really didn't think the salty coffee would be good for her. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
LoriCelt 
Posted: 09-Mar-2006, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Shores Of Lake Superior

female

This is refreshing. . .I find myself feeling rather weighted after reading the news.
Personally, I love to open doors, say "hello", smile (as it sounds many of you do) and then enjoy some people's responses. Many are truly surprised when you show kindness.
One of my favorite things to do is bake and then bring it to work and leave it in the break room for all to enjoy.
Another is make sure that my young sons act like "gentlemen" which includes (much to their dismay at times) writing Thank You notes upon receiving gifts or acts of kindness from family and friends.
I know I am humbled when someone treats me with kindness.
An kindness that someone bestowed upon me recently. . .We were having a glorious snow storm and I was pushing and struggling with my grocery cart through the accumulation of snow in the parking lot and an older gentleman helped me and then proceeded to take the cart back to the store for me after I emptied my bags into my truck. I was so grateful!
Little things really do matter.

--------------------
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ Kahlil Gibran
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Mar-2006, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I think that "forgiveness" of another is one of the biggest acts of kindness anyone can bestow on another. It is something I try to do in my life and always appreciate it when others do it towards me. Lord knows I have my share of faults! rolleyes.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
bannja 
Posted: 07-Apr-2006, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

When Hurricane Katrina hit. My sister belonged to an animal rescue group. She sent out a call for help. I was working for one of the Walmart stores at the time and helped her by getting them to donate the broken open bags of food. I've been doing this for about 5 months now. Sometimes I get more food than her group could handle. We have found other groups to give the excess to.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Apr-2006, 05:16 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I kind of feel like I am tooting my own horn when I post in here, but can I say that I am very much involved with the Apache Indians of AZ and have seen such wonderful things be accomplished by many generous people who have been involved to help these people who are very much in need. It blesses me greatly to hear that whatever any of us do has helped them some and that they are receiving some very important help they need. There is so much yet to be done and wish we could receive more help for these wonderful people. They are very cautious of white people, but hopefully we are crossing barriers and gaining trust.
aklassie 
Posted: 16-Aug-2006, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

I want to share something that happened almost 2 years ago. Since I've not been able to tell ya'll until now, I want to share it with you.
I was still living in Fairbanks AK, on my own trying to figure out what I was going to do with my future. I'd been thinking about moving back to Texas to be closer to my only grandchild, at the time. And to be closer to my parents, mom had a heart attack the year before. Out of the blue I get this phone call from my mom wanting to know my mailing address, because they wanted to send me something. My dad gets on the phone and tells me their sending me $5,000. Boy did I cry. I was able to move and had enough to get me going until I found a job. God bless my parents!!!!

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
ballydun 
Posted: 16-Aug-2006, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

when I start feeling down on the entire human race I read this thread and my faith is restored!! keep up the great inspiring stories!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
coastman 
Posted: 29-Sep-2006, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

My mother died the last week in August. She was 90 years old. I appreciate the kind words from my brothers and sisters on this forum expressing their condolences to my family. I am from a large family and the kindness from my friends and friends of my mother from a lifetime of knowing people really warmed my heart. Then my cousin sang Amazing Grace without music and the church was so quiet that I could hear the tears flowing down my checks. Tears of Joy.
PMEmail Poster               
Arien 
Posted: 04-Oct-2006, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Amateria in the West

female

Need a little boost today? Check out this story:

http://cjcphoto.com/can/

--------------------
"'Mercy!" Cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?'

'The names of all the stars, and of all living things, and the whole history of Middle-earth and over-heaven and of the sundering seas,' laughed Pippin. 'Of course! What less? But I am not in a hurry tonight."

~The Two Towers, JRR Tolkein
PMEmail Poster               
Eiric 
Posted: 01-Nov-2006, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

I must tell you about my trip to Västerbotten in Sweden last week. As I was prepared for a long trip (it takes about 16 hours) I had packed down all the stuff I needed, as well as a small teddy bear that I have had since I was 4, and whom always accompany me on my trips (and he's ideal since I can put him in me pockets and noone will notice...) He's been with me on trips all over Europe, and I guess it's one of those things that you feel you will never throw awa'. Anyway, as we stopped in Stockholm a family with a three years old child boarded the train and they were all very happy until we have left the station when the child realised her cuddly toy wasn't there. Apperently they had forgot it at the train station and the child cried her eyes out... Nothing could stop her, and although the train driver called Stockholm they told him that the cuddly toy was nowhere to be found. So after a long consideration I gave my travel bear to the child and she stopped crying and slept all through the night. I thought I would never see the bear nomore as I left the train in the morning, but today as I was checking through my mail I found a package and guess what was in it - YES indeed my tavel bear!!!

They had come safely to their destination and back and apparently found the cuddly toy in their house, and now they wanted to return my travel bear to the address he has on a paper attached to his neck, as they could see he was old and had been through a lot and probably meant a lot to me.

Aint it fantastic how things can go as long as we'r nice to each other???

--------------------
Anam Ceilteach

About Indigenous Peoples
If you ever needed a Gàidhlig dictionary

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever

Tha gach uile dhuine air a bhreth saor agus co-ionnan ann an urram 's ann an còirichean. Tha iad air am breth le reusan is le cogais agus mar sin bu chòir dhaibh a bhith beò nam measg fhein ann an spiorad bràthaireil

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 01-Nov-2006, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Thank you all for the stories you posted here.

I was having a tough day, and felt myself slipping into what I like to call a "mind cold". I get them from time to time. They are just short periods of depression or emotional numbness that I go through. Reading the story about the man who pushed his kid through the marathons and triathalons just cleared it up right away.

These stories were like a serving of vitamin C for my mind. Thank you all.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 01-Nov-2006, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

QUOTE (Eiric @ 01-Nov-2006, 07:31 AM)
I must tell you about my trip to Västerbotten in Sweden last week. As I was prepared for a long trip (it takes about 16 hours) I had packed down all the stuff I needed, as well as a small teddy bear that I have had since I was 4, and whom always accompany me on my trips (and he's ideal since I can put him in me pockets and noone will notice...) He's been with me on trips all over Europe, and I guess it's one of those things that you feel you will never throw awa'. Anyway, as we stopped in Stockholm a family with a three years old child boarded the train and they were all very happy until we have left the station when the child realised her cuddly toy wasn't there. Apperently they had forgot it at the train station and the child cried her eyes out... Nothing could stop her, and although the train driver called Stockholm they told him that the cuddly toy was nowhere to be found. So after a long consideration I gave my travel bear to the child and she stopped crying and slept all through the night. I thought I would never see the bear nomore as I left the train in the morning, but today as I was checking through my mail I found a package and guess what was in it - YES indeed my tavel bear!!!

They had come safely to their destination and back and apparently found the cuddly toy in their house, and now they wanted to return my travel bear to the address he has on a paper attached to his neck, as they could see he was old and had been through a lot and probably meant a lot to me.

Aint it fantastic how things can go as long as we'r nice to each other???

Wow, that is sooo cool. The fact that you were willing to give it up to a stranger and that stranger went to the trouble of returning it. What comes around goes around biggrin.gif:D
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]