> Just hello to everyone
copperfish2000 
Posted: 07-Mar-2002, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada

hello everyone ... actually I don't quite know what to do here, or if this is being posted or where ... lol ... anyway it is nice to have found highlander radio and others passionate about us celts ... I am from 'New Scotland' better known as Nova Scotia ... our immediate family came over on one of 3 sailings in 1774 to Pictou N.S. ... according to my mother there is actually more Irish in me than Scot but I am proud of both and claim descent from Cluny MacPherson of the Spey Valley, who harboured ' Bonnie Prince Charlie ' ... I was fascinated with the story about the red-haired, blue eyed afghans and the incredible story behind it ... travelling 10,000 miles back to your home by foot must have been quite a feat and you can't help but admire the highlander's tenacity and determination ... well I hope this leads to many new friends and happy times ahead ... thanks for being here all ... copperfish2000 :O

--------------------
J.David MacPherson    [email protected]
PMEmail Poster               
Mel 
  Posted: 07-Mar-2002, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Hello copperfish!

Welcome on the board! I'm new here too and not sur of how things work as well. I guess we'll do good.

Take care!

:)
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 07-Mar-2002, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Welcome copperfish2000

and you're both doing fine this is exactlywhat this forum is for to chat and meet with others. If you have ever used a chatroom it's a lot like that but not real time meaning that you have to wait for replies to posts but it's a lot of fun. So you're both doing great. Just feel free to post a message and chat with others as that is exactly what the forums for to chat and meet others from oround the world alittle like a huge penpal group a lot of us converse on the forum as well as off the forum and once you're both here a short while you'll get to meet the regulars and maybe form some great international friendships.

Enjoy and have fun!  :D
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 08-Mar-2002, 12:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

:D
Welcome Copperfish and Mel,
I'm sorta what Scottish2 would call one of the regulars.  I'm from Fairbanks Alaska.  I know you will like all the wonderful people you will meet in this forum.  Some of the best music on the net can be found here also.  I hope you'll stop by often, I do.

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
clangarra 
Posted: 08-Mar-2002, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New Jersey USA

Hello copperfish,

welcome.......

I'm also new to this forum and have certinaly enjoyed reading the all posts. I hopefuly will be getting to know the Highlander Clan better as the days go on.

gary mcnabb
http://www.clangarra.com
PMEmail Poster               
Teliesin 
Posted: 08-Mar-2002, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Aberdeen, WA U.S.A.

Welcome!copperfish!

I to have recently joined.learned of it from my ma Aklassie.I've not done much here as of yet but i like it never the less!=)

--------------------
Never again the burning!
PMEmail Poster               
Mel 
  Posted: 08-Mar-2002, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Well, it's seems we're a bunch of new members!
Where does everyone come from? Mainly from US and Canada? Or Europe? Or is it a big melting pot of culture?
I'm curious about everyone. What are you doing in life? Where this passion for the Celts, Scotland or/and Ireland is coming from?

Have a good time!
Mel
:)
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 09-Mar-2002, 02:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

Well Mel,
I live in Fairbanks Alaska.  Came here almost 10 years ago with hubby and 3 of my 4 children.  Only one left at home now.  I'm a preschool teacher working with 4 and 5 year olds and a few school age.  My love for things Scottish and Irish come from my family.  I've always loved thier music and history.  I found this site while looking for information and love it and the people I've met.  We are like a clan sharing our love for all things Celtic.  I hope I've answered a few of your questions.
Aklassie
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 11-Mar-2002, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

:) Hello Mel.  I'm new here too; but I belong to a garden board too.  When my son stopped hiding his friend McDonald, and my oldest daughter decided to marry him, is when we started to look into things celtic.
We live in Michigan. Have always enjoyed highland days at ren fest.  I promised big mac that we would go to the gathering of the clans in Alma on memorial day.  I found this site looking for more info on that event.
What is appropiate for a gathering of the clans.  I know it would be different from ren fest.  Are only wool kilts worn? Are only the little kilts worn (including the new sport kilts) or is the great kilt the preffered?  What is accepted way for women to wear plaid?
PMEmail Poster               
Teliesin 
Posted: 11-Mar-2002, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Aberdeen, WA U.S.A.

Mel,
         Currently living in Aberdeen,WA.I'm a maintenace Tech for the Emplorium.I got my interest in the celts from my love of absorbing anything i can find historical.i got my Ma interrested in it as well!=)got to run for now!

Teliesin
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]