Harlot 
Posted: 01-May-2008, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Celticrose: I thought the title to the 7th book was AN ECHO IN THE BONE or something like that.

I've just did DRUMS OF AUTUMN again for the 3d time,trying to keep things fresh in my head.

Love her books.Thank you "Gretchen" for letting mother have your two copies,she's not getting them back.

Has anyone read THE OUTLANDISH COMPANION? Very helpful.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-May-2008, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Dear Harlot, I think you are right about the 7th book being titled "An Echo In the Bone." I was afraid to say as I wasn't sure about that information. Thanks for pointing this out!

I would caution all you first timers of the Outlander series not to give up when you first read the second book of the series, Dragonfly in Amber. When I first started I wanted to throw that book as far as the planet would allow! Give it time and you will be amazed.

And I would also recommend everyone get the "Outlandish Companion" as it explains so much.

The latest news is that after Diana finishes all 8 books in the Outlander series, she is going to come out with another Outlandish Companion. Plus, there will be prequel books about Jamie's parents and Murtagh. So we all have many more years of enjoyment and story. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Harlot 
Posted: 02-May-2008, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

CelticRose, I'm so happy that there's so many Diana fans on here. She is such a great writer,makes me feel as if I was right there. I've gone though all of books at least 2 times on my 3d time around and just don't get bored with it. I still not sure which one is my favorite,like you second one was alittle hard to get into but once I was done couldn't wait to start the next one.

As far as making a movie or mini series I would hope they would make it true too the books but more then likely they will leave some of it out,make it to long other wise I'm afraid.

I hadn't heard about the ones she going to do about Jamie's family nice to know how they all play into things. It's kinda like searching your family history getting to know who's who and how they fit in,gives me goosebumps.

Hope too hear what other people think. I know the girl at our bookstore she loves reading them thanks to me ordering two at a time.I did their busness good and added another fan for her.
Harlot 
Posted: 21-May-2008, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

Dear Celticrose: Was just on her website and she has a new excerpt from AN ECHO IN THE BONE. I just had a small fix can't wait for the next one. Hope you enjoy biggrin.gif
jbarron 
Posted: 21-May-2008, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Denver, CO

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 02-May-2008, 07:13 PM)
I would caution all you first timers of the Outlander series not to give up when you first read the second book of the series, Dragonfly in Amber. When I first started I wanted to throw that book as far as the planet would allow! Give it time and you will be amazed.

The latest news is that after Diana finishes all 8 books in the Outlander series, she is going to come out with another Outlandish Companion. Plus, there will be prequel books about Jamie's parents and Murtagh. So we all have many more years of enjoyment and story. thumbsup.gif

I find it amusing that others had a hard time with Dragonfly in Amber. I'll admit there were a couple flat spots but I had more trouble getting through Voyager than Dragonfly. biggrin.gif I ended up putting the books on the shelf for a few years and have recently picked back up where I left off.

I hadn't heard about the prequel series - that will be great reading about the Frasers, Ellen and Murtagh.
PMEmail Poster               
jbarron 
Posted: 21-May-2008, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Harlot @ 02-May-2008, 07:56 PM)
As far as making a movie or mini series I would hope they would make it true too the books but more then likely they will leave some of it out,make it to long other wise I'm afraid.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think us avid readers would find a movie series not able to live up to the books. Some books translate well to film but these are so rich and descriptive, I am afraid a lot would be lost.

Plus, they could never find an actor who would look quite like the Jamie I picture in my head. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 21-May-2008, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

Yes I think the same way about Jamie,there is this guy in the town where I live that I keep saying to him that I need to see what he'd look like in a kilt. He finally asked why so I told him about the books he laughed and said I was so sweet and showed me he's legs.He has what I think Jamie's hair and eyes would look like but he'd have to work on his accent,but oh boy he looks the part. He says he would be my Jamie but darn if he isn't about 30 years too young for me.

Mitzie
Leelee 
Posted: 21-May-2008, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

biggrin.gif Ye go girl biggrin.gif Age shouldna' be a factor thumbs_up.gif
PM               
jbarron 
Posted: 22-May-2008, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Harlot @ 21-May-2008, 04:59 PM)
Yes I think the same way about Jamie,there is this guy in the town where I live that I keep saying to him that I need to see what he'd look like in a kilt. He finally asked why so I told him about the books he laughed and said I was so sweet and showed me he's legs.He has what I think Jamie's hair and eyes would look like but he'd have to work on his accent,but oh boy he looks the part. He says he would be my Jamie but darn if he isn't about 30 years too young for me.

Mitzie

Maybe he'd like to move to Denver? laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 22-May-2008, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

Next time at I'm at Applebee's I'll ask him. And as age shouldn't matter tried that once for 12 years trust me sometimes it does now that I'm 55 and this kid has to 23,it a shame. I'll let him know he has a fan base on Celticradio. Maybe I can get him too listen and become a member then we can all enjoy him. cheers.gif
jbarron 
Posted: 23-May-2008, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Harlot @ 22-May-2008, 06:25 PM)
Next time at I'm at Applebee's I'll ask him. And as age shouldn't matter tried that once for 12 years trust me sometimes it does now that I'm 55 and this kid has to 23,it a shame. I'll let him know he has a fan base on Celticradio. Maybe I can get him too listen and become a member then we can all enjoy him. cheers.gif

There has to be some older Jamie's - we just have to find them. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-May-2008, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Harlot @ 22-May-2008, 08:25 PM)

Harlot, maybe you can get a photo of him and put him on here for us all to drool over?! laugh.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-May-2008, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Harlot @ 21-May-2008, 01:12 PM)
Dear Celticrose: Was just on her website and she has a new excerpt from AN ECHO IN THE BONE. I just had a small fix can't wait for the next one. Hope you enjoy biggrin.gif

Thanks Harlot!

I have something for you and others as well!

http://voyagesoftheartemis.blogspot.com/

Diana's assistant sent this to me for us Galbaldon fans where Diana has just started a new blog of what she is writint about and her pet peeves (in a most humorous way. Hope you all enjoy and get a good laugh.

Also, for those of you anywhere near Arizona, please join us at the Flagstaff Highland games as Diana will appear there for book signings and possible a talk about her new book "An Echo in the Bone." Let me if any of you plan to come and perhaps we can all meet up there. My 18thc group will be there doing our Jacobite re-enactment for the event.

Enjoy the blog!
Rindy 
Posted: 23-May-2008, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Celtic Rose thank you for posting that wonderful blog!!! lol.. I don't remember if I said but I picked up A Breath Of Snow And Ashes...but I am still in the Fiery Cross. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. May be I will have the time this weekend to put a good dent in it....

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 23-May-2008, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Och, I am almost done A Breath of Snow & Ashes...It is so hard to put it down, I could finish it in an instant, but yet knowing I have to a 1 year before reading "An Echo in the Bone".... Aye, I'll finish it & read the Series over again biggrin.gif by the time I've gone full circle (between other books of course) then the book will be out.

I wub.gif reading about Jamie & Claire's relationship, families & acquaintances...action all the time..verra riveting (I sound like a critic tongue.gif rolleyes.gif )
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]