> Stocking Stuffers, Does anyone have any good ideas for the
Rindy 
Posted: 21-Dec-2004, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Christmas stocking stuffers. I do the same old thing with candy small stuff any unusual ideas out there? What do you guys put in yours. The time is counting down but I am down to the stockings.... smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 21-Dec-2004, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Kids: Probably some cheap little trinkets from the toy aisle at the local drugstore, like doodle pads, Hot Wheels & Matchbox cars for boys, stickers for girls, etc.

Teens & Adults: DVD or CD.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 04:25 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

I know that this is another Candy Thing but one of the Favorites around my house is the Chocolate Oranges. They are orange flavored chocolate in the shape of an Orange. It is about the size of an Orange and they even break off into Orange Slices. dribble.gif

For my Wife, I also throw in a couple of Instant Lottery Tickets and anything that see wins off of the tickets, she can spend on herself. wink.gif It is only a couple of dollars to buy but she could win around $1000. I am quit sure that would put a big smile on her face. However in the last 28 years of doing this, she has only won $2 sad.gif Hopefully this year will be different, I bought her 5. Maybe this will increase her odds. wink.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Well I like to put in for my son usually a bunch of pencils since he likes drawing so much and also some small games - those mindgame puzzles which drive you nuts to put them together (you know the 3 D kind)

For my husband he usually get's a new Planner (the cheap kind) and also some football cards from his favorite team or some other small collectible from them.

This year I wanted to get him a new wallet but I guess I wait till he comes home.

biggrin.gif

newyear.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
maisky 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

For kids, candy and chocolate. For your husband, a Micky Finn (knock out drops). For yourself, Viggo Mortensen. (hence the Micky for your husband). tongue.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
coastman 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

How about some shotgun shells or a carton of 22 long rifle bullets? Our family are hunters and fishermen so our stocking stuffers will be outdoor items. I will be at a traditional Southern Dove Shoot on Christmas Eve so those shotgun shells would be nice. My grandson will get in his stocking two cases of clay skeet targets. The family will shoot those clay targets Christmas afternoon. He will get a new 20 gauge pump shotgun. It is all how your family does things. This is not everyones cup of tea, but it is ours. Merry Christmas everyone. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Hey Rindy,

Do you have a World Market near you? They are a great store and have lots of little well made toys for kids. We always got Lindt chocolate truffles - they were the highlight of my Christmas!!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (susieq76 @ 22-Dec-2004, 07:45 AM)
Hey Rindy,

Do you have a World Market near you? They are a great store and have lots of little well made toys for kids. We always got Lindt chocolate truffles - they were the highlight of my Christmas!!

Hi susieq76,

A world market? Are you kidding I wish. We have a K-mart and a Walmart that is it. Oh we do have a couple of gift stores. I love those chocolates. I like the dark and the white. Anyhow thanks for the ideas.

Merry Christmas
smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (coastman @ 22-Dec-2004, 07:20 AM)
How about some shotgun shells or a carton of 22 long rifle bullets? Our family are hunters and fishermen so our stocking stuffers will be outdoor items. I will be at a traditional Southern Dove Shoot on Christmas Eve so those shotgun shells would be nice. My grandson will get in his stocking two cases of clay skeet targets. The family will shoot those clay targets Christmas afternoon. He will get a new 20 gauge pump shotgun. It is all how your family does things. This is not everyones cup of tea, but it is ours. Merry Christmas everyone. cool.gif

Hello there, good idea but I think he is stocked on the hunting gear. Our family also does a lot of shooting. We just head for the hills and shoot. The dump is also popular. No it isn't everyones cup of tea but when you live somewhere where there is nothing to do it is great to pass the day. Thanks for the ideas.

Merry Christmas
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (maisky @ 22-Dec-2004, 06:38 AM)
For kids, candy and chocolate. For your husband, a Micky Finn (knock out drops). For yourself, Viggo Mortensen. (hence the Micky for your husband). tongue.gif

Maisky where do you get your humor. I love it. I remember the micky finns. May be I should take it and go to bed after all this shopping and wrapping. smile.gif As far as Viggo Mortensen, hum may be I should stay awake... smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 22-Dec-2004, 08:56 AM)
Maisky where do you get your humor. I love it. I remember the micky finns. May be I should take it and go to bed after all this shopping and wrapping. smile.gif As far as Viggo Mortensen, hum may be I should stay awake... smile.gif

Monarch's Own, Richard, MDF3530,

Thank you for the ideas, really! I will go out and look for some of these things.

Merry Christmas smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

What about a nice diamond? That would fit in a sock. Or a Playgirl magazine? Or a very, very rich handsome man?

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 22-Dec-2004, 08:38 AM)
For your husband, a Micky Finn (knock out drops). For yourself, Viggo Mortensen. (hence the Micky for your husband). tongue.gif

unsure.gif It appears that I am behind the times or else my mind is else where. This is the only Mickey Finn that I know of.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster                
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

When I was little, opening my stocking was one of the most fun things to do on Christmas day! It's just all the little things that are stuffed in that stocking, and you never know what your going to get. I guess it's just the exictment of it.

If you know any cards or small bath heighgein things people get...throw those things in. We never used to get alot of candy, small stuffed animals, and the like. *sigh* Heck I still look forward to it!

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ 22-Dec-2004, 10:46 AM)
unsure.gif It appears that I am behind the times or else my mind is else where. This is the only Mickey Finn that I know of.

Nice fly Richard, did you tie it?

Merry Christmas

Good ideas dragonboy

Merry Christmas to you also smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]