DesertRose 
Posted: 15-Mar-2006, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Ok! Who has read all these? What are your favorite books and your favorite Highlander?! Let's discuss! wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 15-Mar-2006, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Read all of them

Beyond the Highland Mist
To Tame a Highland Warrior
The Highlander's Touch
Kiss of the Highlander
The Dark Highlander
The Immortal Highlander
The Spell of the Highlander

Haven read the short novel of her Into the Dreaming. It was suppose to come out February 28th - but so far no luck getting it. It's also in the book "Tapestry" which holds Lyn Kurland and others.

I love them all - I read all of them several times.

I think Grimm, Drustan and Adam Black are my favorites but the others are right there behind them. Hard to pick and choose. angel_not.gif tongue.gif wink2.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
MaDora 
Posted: 15-Mar-2006, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: DFW area, Texas

female

I've read all of them too! I think Grimm is my favorite as well... I wasn't sure I'd be able to see Adam Black as a good guy... he was SUCH a creep in the first few books - -how cool he redeemed himself! And in the best possible way. Still love the Immortal Highlander! Hey, thanks for reminding me of these books - - I need to go back and read them again!
ShadowDarkFyre 
Posted: 16-Mar-2006, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

ur-Lord of the Domain and Realms

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Caer RivenMyst, Fantasia I.D.

male

I've only read "Kiss of the Highlander", "The Dark Highlander" and "The Immortal Highlander". Have yet to get to the others. But I'm working on it.

>smiles<

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image

There's magick in believing...

The Domain and Realms
http://www.thedomainandrealms.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
DesertRose 
Posted: 18-Mar-2006, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I find these are the type of books you can read over and over, can't you? They're wonderful each time and very easy and quick reads. Daegus is my favorite! I have read "The Dark Highlander" a couple times. Really enjoyed him in "The Spell of the Highlander' too.

Monarch! I heard about "Into the Dreaming' too, but I have not gotten yet either.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 30-Apr-2006, 02:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Well, you have certainly sparked my interest in this series. I haven't read any of them (that I remember), so I am going to look for them. Thanks for the info! biggrin.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 30-Apr-2006, 02:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Monarch....I was writing down all the titles and wondered if they were in order as you had written them. When I read a series, I hate to read one book only to find that I have started them in the wrong order! tongue.gif

Thanks.....BGL
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 30-Apr-2006, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Here from the FAQ of Karen Marie Monings website karenmoning.com

FAQ: Do your novels need to be read in any particular order?
I've been told by readers that the first five stand alone, however I believe the reading experience is richer if read in this order:

Beyond the Highland Mist
To Tame a Highland Warrior
The Highlander's Touch
Kiss of the Highlander
The Dark Highlander
The Immortal Highlander

I have also been told that—though Kiss and Dark stand alone—they're more satisfying if read in order.

I'm not certain about the ability of The Immortal Highlander to stand alone. I will be noting what readers say and addressing it here in the future.

FAQ: How are the Highlander novels connected?
Beyond the Highland Mist is the story of Hawk Douglas and Adrienne de Simone. Hawk's best friend is Grimm (a.k.a. Gavrael Roderick Icarus McIllioch). Adam Black makes his debut in this novel.

To Tame a Highland Warrior is the story of Hawk's best friend, Grimm and Jillian St. Clair. Although Adam Black is not overtly present here, he is responsible for the Berserkers.

The Highlander's Touch is the story of Circenn Brodie and Lisa Stone. Adam Black has a significant role in this novel.

Kiss of the Highlander is the story of Drustan MacKeltar and Gwen Cassidy. Though Adam Black is not overtly present, the Tuatha D� Danaan's role in things becomes clearer.

The Dark Highlander is the story of Dageus MacKeltar (Drustan's twin brother) and Chloe Zanders. It is Adam Black's interference in this story that causes the Queen of the Tuatha D� Danaan to punish Adam in The Immortal Highlander.

The Immortal Highlander is the story of Adam Black and Gabrielle O'Callaghan.
----------------

Spell of the Highlander is the last one so far - but I am sure she is working on more because in the end of the book is a passage that mentioned more Druids. So I guess there is more to come.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 01-May-2006, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Thanks, Monarch. I am on a search for all of these books! smile.gif

BGL
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 06-May-2006, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey BGL! When I first started reading these books, I did not start out in the order they were written and yet when I went back and did, they all made better sense to me, but I don't think it is necessary. I started out with "Kiss of the Highlander," The Dark Highlander" and then went to book #1 and in order from there. But the two I just mentioned, I would definitely read in order with Kiss first and Dark second cause it is about two brothers.

Keep in mind these are fast, light, very sexy reads. Something fun to read in between the intense novels. wink.gif
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 08-May-2006, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 06-May-2006, 11:27 AM)

Keep in mind these are fast, light, very sexy reads.  Something fun to read in between the intense novels.  wink.gif

Mmmmmm....these are sounding better and better!!! biggrin.gif

BGL
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 08-May-2006, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh ok, good! LOL I thought I had better prepare you cause not everybody is into "bodice ripper" novels and these would be classified as such! But you learn a lot about the Druids and Fey (fairy world) and that is fascinating and then these extra-ordinarily sexy and good looking men! (the guys reading this post are probably rolling their eyes now) laugh.gif But like I said, they are fun reads. Also, keep in mind the first book is not the best one (although I liked it) but it gives you a background into Adam, who you need to know for future books. And, each book gets better! wink.gif

Anxious to hear what you think! smile.gif
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 08-May-2006, 08:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Have to agree with you CR - the first one isn't the best but needs to be read in order to understand more about Adam Black. I think reading the books in order gives the best reading experience.

And yes - these are bodice ripper books (which woman doesn't dream of a hunky Highlander tongue.gif )

BGL have fun reading - I read each book several times for sure. My favorite ones are To Tame a Highland Warrior, Kiss of the Highlander and the Immortal Highlander.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 10-May-2006, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Thanks, girls, for your input. I don't mind a little bodice ripping (love that discription, CR biggrin.gif ) but I don't care for the type where the heroine has numerous partners. I like my heroines to be monogamous. And a hunky Highlander is definitely a bonus, Monarch. Ever since I saw Clann an Drumma last summer, I have been picturing Jamie as my Highlander of choice! tongue.gif Unfortunately I'm old enough to be his......older sister (oh, ok, his much much older sister! Oh, Alright, his Mother then!!!) He is just so darn appealing! Come to think of it, I will be seeing Jamie and rest of the band next weekend at the Gatlinburg Games! Hubby and I will be celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary while we are there. Gosh, I started to ramble on there...sorry. Back to the books, I think I will see if the library has any of them, so I can read a couple before I decide to buy them. I'll let you both know how I like them.

BGL smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-May-2006, 07:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey BGL! who the heck doesn't like Jamesie from Albannach previious from CAD?! He is one sweet looking man, eh? biggrin.gif However, he has every woman on the planet after him! rolleyes.gif

In the Karen Marie Moning books, the protagonist, has only one partner. well, the Dark Highlander doesn't start out that way, but because these men are all Druids their philosophy is that there is only one woman for them for life and each find that soul mate in their life in each book. So that you can be assured of. wink.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt