John Clements 
Posted: 29-Oct-2006, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

hayes9 and maisky,

I sure that we can agree that breathing is a good thing, and moving is also nice. As for cats and dogs getting along, I lean towards dogs, because of their loyalty.
Hang in there haynes9; I’m sure we’ll find common ground, sooner or later.

John

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 30-Oct-2006, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Swanny @ 28-Oct-2006, 08:38 AM)
Seriously, I cast my absentee ballot yesterday, because I'll be at work on election day. I voted for one replublican, 2 libertarians, 1 Alaskan Indepence Party and pinched my nose close as I voted for 1 stinkin' democrat. Actually, it's more accurate to say I voted AGAINST 5 incumbants.

Unfortunately, I doubt there was an honorable person among any of them.

Swanny

It's finally coming clear who you remind me of, Swanny:

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."

John Adams

PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 31-Oct-2006, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Personally I think that everyone that is in office has forgotten why they are there. All of them have their own agenda. I've never alinged myself with the democratic party, although I have voted for a few. Most recently it was Zell Miller (GA). I've been very disappointed in the government has grown so large, but even if the democrats take control they won't change that, it will just continue to grow. The democrats eat their own. They don't believe in their people thinking for themselves, if you stray or disagree with the party they turn on them. Look at how they have treated Joe Liebermann. I hope the polls hold true and he keeps his seat. He is a good man, I don't agree with everything about him, but I think he has the best interest of our country at heart.

The Republican party has steer off course, but you can't say the democrats have a solutions either. I'm tired of the excuses from both parties and the pointing of fingers back and forth. Personally I think we should start all over. Because everyone in Washington DC have lost the vision.

I love my country and I think we need to forget political correctness, tell the ACLU to go to Mexico and most important of all secure the borders, and stop requiring everything be in English and Spanish. Since when did we become a bilingual country? In the past all immigrants had to learn English. By the way, my inlaws are Hispanic, if you speak Spanish to my husband he will answer you in English. We made a decision a long time ago not to be bilingual and we don't regret it. My children decided on their own if they wanted to learn a foreign language. One took German, the other 3 chose Spanish.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 02-Nov-2006, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Attention all Democrats, Progressives, and Independents. I sure that most of you already know this, but for those of you who don’t… This coming Tuesday, could very well be your last chance to Vote.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 02-Nov-2006, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

I'll tell you what I'm getting tired of. Everytime a Republican or a Democrat does something bad, the entire country uses it as way way to paint the entire party they belong to as exactly the same. And what is worse, is it WORKS!

I don't care if some republican wrote IMs to young boys. I don't care if some democrat made comments against the troops. Should the INDIVIDUALS be held accountable? YES. Should anyone who labels themselves as belonging to the same party as these individuals be lumped in with them? NO.

The entire country has gone insane.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 02-Nov-2006, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Not insane, just STUPID!!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Antwn 
Posted: 03-Nov-2006, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Politicians come from the same gene pool as we do. Maybe they get sucked into the morass of character asassination and accept it as an election reality despite themselves, as if it were a role playing game and they're obliged to play the character as expected, slay the opposing demon and win the bejeweled crown, while media pundits galavant around Washington wearing auras of officialdom and scrutinize every faux pas as if it were the most significant moment in history. We sort through the effluent to determine who's the lesser of evils, assuming we survive the exasperation with enough elan to care. If this is the tenor of the election of leaders, what will become of leadership once assumed? Same old same old....

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, my political face is the real Wizard of Oz. Who can maintain integrity amidst all that fakery?

Swanny's right about the political pendulum swing, yet maybe if the extremes become too ridiculous, balance between them should be sought, like a political yin and yang. Maybe a majority congress in one party and president in another is best - or 50/50 split in Congress, that way both parties are forced to compromise and a median is found which encompasses the ideals of both to some degree......crap, maybe I'll just pick up a latte and a good book and forget it!

Vote for the family dog, at least he doesn't spew vitriol - I can clean up the poop and deal with the drool, and though he may copulate unabashedly in the front yard with no awareness of decorum, he's not corrupt and he maintains an integrity to what he is no matter what.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Nov-2006, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

It is getting pretty bad here in Illinois.

We have three statistical dead heats for congressional races:

6th District, which is Duckworth (D) vs. Roskam ® for the retiring Henry Hyde's seat
8th District, which is Bean* (D) vs. McSweeney ®
10th District, which is Kirk* ® vs. Seals (D)

Also, I think that John Laesch (D) may stand a puncher's chance against Denny Hastert* ® for the 14th.

The governor's race, Blagojevich* (D) vs. Topinka ® has gotten so nasty (even though Blagojevich has a double-digit lead in the polls) that I'm seriously considering voting for the Green Party candidate, Rich Whitney, even though I don't agree with his views on gun control (he thinks "gun control" means using both hands).

In the Cook County Board President race, I'll vote for Stroger (D) over Periaca ®, but I won't like it. I just don't like the way he got the nod after his daddy stepped down for health reasons (which he should've done years ago-it was well known that John Stroger has not been in good health for several years).

*=incumbent

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 04-Nov-2006, 06:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

I'm seriously considering voting for the Green Party candidate, Rich Whitney, even though I don't agree with his views on gun control (he thinks "gun control" means using both hands).

You talk like it's a bad thing.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Fiddler 
Posted: 04-Nov-2006, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAsh

male

Thinking about the root cause for all the political power emanating from the powerful (Rich folks) to the politicians could it be said that we the people share complicity? We cry foul when some politician delivers the pork but reward our own with reelection when he delivers ours. We expect our politicians to be saintly while we hold few others to the same standards. We expect government to provide cradle to grave protection then complain about the size of government.

We were attacked long before 9/11 yet many in this country do not believe we are at war with a cunning enemy who will destroy this nation if given the chance.
Tradition dictates, the party in power looses thirty or more seats in the off year elections so if there is a change of party power this time I will not slit my wrist or move to canada but we stand to lose more than just political power if we do not conduct a vigorous, non partisan war against our enemies!

--------------------
Support the brotherhood Everyone goes home
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Working the polls tomorrow! Nothing like getting up at 4:00 AM and visiting with the elite of Ganado Arizona!

Everyone get out and vote. . . that is, except for you, John biggrin.gif ! All kidding aside, vote your conscience! There are a lot of folks who would love to have the opportunity that many of us take for granted!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

If anyone is interested in real polls, just look at trade sports.com. Those predictions have never been wrong.
PMEmail Poster                
MDF3530 
  Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I will be voting tomorrow. My polling place, the fire station at the village hall, is within walking distance of my apartment.
John Clements 
Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I’m afraid… I’m afraid… If I vote for the Democrats tomorrow, I may wake up Wednesday an enemy combatant, and end up in Guantanamo, having my fingernails pulled out. The truth is. I almost hope that they try.

haynes9, Rest assured I will be voting tomorrow, even if I'm unconscious.
Have a good evening all.
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

I already voted. He's not in my race but I'm glad Joe Lieberman never gave up thumbs_up.gif It just comes to show that just when you think you are putting the screws to someone you suddenly realize you're just screwing yourself. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]