Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Quantum Touch, what do you think of it?
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 04:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

A couple joined us at church today, old friends of ours, not seen them for years.

The lass was wanting to talk about something new that she is doing, Quantum Touch, a sort of healing.

When she spoke about it and mentioned 'chakra's' I became concerned and asked her for more info.

She directed me this site, I was keen to look at it because I was troubled that what she was doing may not be too Christian.

So, here is a brief overview. I welcome your opinions as brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus.

Quantum Touch

Interestingly, my sermon topic was "the fear of God", I hope it was of value to her in the light of this involvment.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

And just what do you find wrong with this????

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

This is Kirk and Chapel, right? tell me if I have that wrong.
Shadows 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Yes it is Kirk and Chapel, does that mean I cant read and post?
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Tassiecelt, I have read over this very carefully. While I think I know where you are coming from as far as chakra's, I have to say that many people have been given the gift of healing. I have been to many practitioners who have practiced Shiatsu, reflexology and deep tissue massage on me..............the non-Christian practioners did more for my back than any MD could have done who would only give me Rx meds that lead to other problems. I do go to a Christian massage therapist now, but that would not stop me from going to a non-Christian practitioner who I felt knew what they were doing. That is my humble opinion. I don't think I would want to be prayed over from a non-Christian, seeing that I am a Christian, but I would accept the non-Christian's healing skills. I guess it just depends on what they want to do to me..........like I am against the energy healing because that also involves prayer. I want to personally be prayed over by a Christian because of my beliefs..............call me narrow minded, but that is how I feel.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Tassiecelt, I must say that I agree with you. The Bible is clear that there are only 2 sources of power, God and the enemy. If the power behind the healing does not come from God, then there is only one other source. I'm sorry, as much as people would like to think differently, man in and of himself has no "supernatural" power, whether of healing or any other sort. Personally, if I can't get my healing from God Himself or, at the very least, a doctor of western medicine, then I'll just deal with whatever is ailing me on my own.

Rosie, you said, "I have to say that many people have been given the gift of healing." While I love ya dear, I'm afraid I can't agree with you on this one. The power for the healing does not come from the man. It is a gift of the Holy Spirit and can only operate through a man of God. If they are not Christian, then the power comes from somewhere else!

Just my humble opinion....

--------------------
Slŕn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba těr mo chridhe. 'S i Gŕidhlig cŕnan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
birddog20002001 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

TC fist of all all I would like to say that I am not a Christian, Wiccan, nor Hindu so you can take my advice for what it cost, but please remember I don't have a dog in this fight.

I do know that western medicine does not have all of the answers and sometimes even lies about what they do know. I do not understand all of the concepts of eastern medicine but I do believe that they do work and are less invasive, and from what I have read the mention of chakras are not necesarily a reference to a religion but to a physical area of strength in the body (similar to the western medicine concept of the heart being the strong point or engine for the circulatory system.) As far as I can tell this system of healing does not endorse any particular religion or belief. Nor can I see this system of healing conflict with Christian tennents of faith or practice. It appears to me to be a method of physical manipulation and alignment. Which sound similar at least in concept to accupuncture (where there is a blockage of energy, called chi, pronounced qi in a particular part of the body depending on where the blockage ocours an organ, limb, or other part of the body may be negatively affected) or of a chiropractor (which realignes the body putting the bones joints and muscles in their correct positions.) All three of these methods of healing are based on the body being systemic and a failure in one area affects the rest of the body.

I don't understand how exactly a watch tells the time with all of the gears spinning in different directions. I do however know that if I don't wind it, the watch will stop working. So by manipulating the tiny winder it influences the entire body of the watch.

I can justify this all day, but the thing each of us must all keep in our minds would this method of healing affect our relationship with God I personally don't think that it would. I do believe that God is all powerful and is with us always and he knows the intentions in our hearts he also gives us gifts to use. And I hope that I remember this correctly,the parable Jesus told of the three slaves give a sum of gold by their master the first goes out and wastes it and has nothing to show, the second is so worried that he burries the money and get no benefit from it, but the third is wise and invests it and makes a proffit, and the master is pleased and grants the man the gold. So after we decide that an action not only is acceptable but brings glory to God we must use it to the benefit to God and humanity or else we fail.

Thats all for my ramblings I hope that I may have shared some food for thought.
Gene

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

All I will say is that I would think twice before letting someone who claimed to have the power to heal lay hands on me! I personally don't recall Jesus or Paul or any other man of God in the Bible ever checking on someone's chakras or their chi! unsure.gif
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

CelticRose, I understand what you say, I didn't make my post very clear, let me explain.

The lass who came to church is not looking for healing by this method, SHE is a practicing it herself, and claiming that it is in harmony with the Bible.
She has done the course and is starting a business doing this. Now what concerns me is that if this stuff is New Age nonsense, then she would be best avoiding it.

In actual fact, in spite of my past experience in the occult, I found that she reacted to what I said and would not listen, so likely I will be wasting my time.
She has Christian parents who have likewise warned her.

I simply promised to look into it more carefully, which promise I intend to keep to.

Wizardofowls, I do agree with you, and said the same to this lady in question: If the healing is pointing to the Saviour, it's of God, if it's steering people away from the only Source of healing, then it's not of God. That is my position too.

Naturally, I have been to non-Christian physiotherapists and doctors, for simple physical problems.
You don't need to know God to set a broken arm.

But this Quantum stuff touches on the realm of the metaphysical, so I feel that stricter safeguards need to be in place, you know what I mean.

Spiritual things are spiritually discerned, this really is a discernment issue, which is a gift of God and I thank you for your wisdom.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 25-Sep-2004, 09:06 PM)
CelticRose, I understand what you say, I didn't make my post very clear, let me explain.

Naturally, I have been to non-Christian physiotherapists and doctors, for simple physical problems.

TC! I hear what you are saying and have a better understanding now. As a Christian, we have to be very careful what we get ourselves into and practice, no less. I have never had chakras or chi's done one me. I am very careful about that sort of stuff and what I get myself into. But I have had non-Christian reflexologists, massage therapists and chiropractors and physicians work on my back and make me feel lots better. I just don't think we Christians need to put ourselves in a box and see only Christian therapists.............maybe healers is the wrong word here that I have used all along.............therapists is what I am trying to say! I feel that no one can heal me but my Jesus. I think I have expressed this all wrong. Sorry, I am not the most articulate person on the planet. unsure.gif
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 26-Sep-2004, 12:02 PM)
All I will say is that I would think twice before letting someone who claimed to have the power to heal lay hands on me! I personally don't recall Jesus or Paul or any other man of God in the Bible ever checking on someone's chakras or their chi! unsure.gif

Spot on my brother, I agree.
The mention of chakras was a red light to me, funny thing Celticrose, we were just discussing these matters and the issue has come up for me!

I guess you both have confirmed the concerns i had, it's nice to bounce things off others. That's what church and fellowship are for biggrin.gif
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 25-Sep-2004, 10:06 PM)

I thank you for your wisdom.

I didn't mean to imply that a non-Christian couldn't be a doctor! smile.gif Of course they can! The type of healing that I was referring to was that of a spiritual or supernatural nature.

And as for my "wisdom," thank you for the compliment, but I am not wise. Just a plain old country boy who is leery of anything that even hints of the supernatural.
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

I think I have expressed this all wrong. Sorry, I am not the most articulate person on the planet

You're doing wonderfully, the fault was mine. thumbs_up.gif
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

I didn't mean to imply that a non-Christian couldn't be a doctor!

Understood, I didn't get that from what you said.

How words are so inadequate sometimes sad.gif I struggle with them to express things too.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

The written word on the internet can be a difficult thing, especially for me as I am not the most articulate person. what I was trying to express is that non-Christian practioners have make me feel a whole lot better than any MD has concerning my back. I don't rule out a lot of things such as Shaitsu, reflexology, chiropractory and homeopathic physicians. But I do rule out any non-Christian trying to do a healing spiritual ceremoney on me such as laying hands on me and praying. I draw the line there..........only because I feel the only person who can heal me is Jesus. May sound narrow minded to some, but that is how I feel and what I have experienced in my life as well. smile.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]