Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
37,492 Gold!

We had a cat for 17 years until she died of old age last spring...it was horrible..she was a member of our family..I'll never have another house pet again...it's too hard to see them go...
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Sep-2008, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Dearest LOA, I am sorry I am just reading now about your horrid day. If I was there, I would have hugged you over and over. I thought everything you did was both right and admirable. How many folks would have done what you did? I hope you are feeling better, but I know for some folks it takes time.

For example, a couple years ago I had a cat in my engine during the winter months. I did not know this till I started my vehicle and heard the horrid scream! I was devastated that I had killed this cat as I so love animals. It took me months to get over this. I bawled and bawled. I am sure you did as well, LOA, over your recent experience. My heart goes out to you.

My prayer is that you will not be so hard on yourself. Stopping and doing all what you did is more than admirable and you allowed this kitty to stop his/her suffering and go on to kitty heaven.

hug.gif hug.gif
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 23-Sep-2008, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Thank you my dear Rose for the hugs.Though I'm not one for bawling for months for I rarely cry I guess I was brought up in a way to keep my sorrows and pains to myself. I do cry alone and that's it with my door closed.That's the way I am. When I see an animal suffer it just brakes my heart for I suffer with it and especially more when I cannot do anything to appease the pain.

It is not the first time nor it with be the last for I know the way I am and that there will be others like her. And I know that I will do the same again without thinking about nothing except to help the animal in distress the best way that I can.

It is always hard to take the decision to have an animal even if its not yours personally put to sleep because even though one knows that the animal doesn't suffer anymore the feeling you end up with is helplessness.

hug.gif hug.gif back at you Rose
Diane

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
leenie 
Posted: 23-Sep-2008, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
37,492 Gold!

Here's hoping that everyone has a much better week without any unfortunate mishaps along the way...mine will get very hectic starting tomorrow with the wedding only 2 days away..Picking up the tuxedos tomorrow and hoping they all fit...
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 24-Sep-2008, 03:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

leenie I wish all the best for that special day and a beautiful one at that.
Weddings are a rare commodities these days and when there is one it is one moment to cherish for a long long time.

Have a great day and I will talk to you upon my return.

LOA smile.gif
PM My Photo Album               
leenie 
Posted: 24-Sep-2008, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
37,492 Gold!

Have a safe and fun trip Lady-of-Avalon ... only one missing tuxedo vest , one pair of pants to short and one pair of wrong shoes that were 5 sizes too small.....hey, could have been much worse...my husbands fit just right so no adjustments had to be made to his...I start out at 8:30 in the morning and will be running all day...decorate the church, decorate the hall for the reception then the rehearsal and then the dinner afterward...I'll be tired tomorrow night...Friday starts out the same....Hair appointment at 9 AM and then at the church by noon the photographer at 1PM and the wedding at 4PM, then off to the reception until Midnight........Yikes my body may be found curled up in a corner the next morning.... unsure.gif beer_mug.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 12-Oct-2008, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

sad.gif Aw how sad, the accounts of those poor cats...

I do love cats, they're my favorite critter of all. I have 4 of my own these days, two oldies at 15 and 12 and two whippersnapper tomcats who are 5 and 3. They're all indoor kitties (with neighbor dogs who prefer my lawn to their own, no cat is safe on our street) and they provide me with daily laughs and chuckles.

Right now Snicklefritz is sitting in the window, watching my hubby move dirt and rocks around the pasture in his tractor. Kitty and I are not anxious to join him outside, we're happy to be in the library. But I do need to be completing a commission so soon I'll need to log off and head down to the studio. The studio is seperate from the house so only our sweet little dog Speedy gets to visit there.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
MDF3530 
Posted: 14-Oct-2008, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hi everyone!

I'm here at the library right now, catching up on my internet stuff.

I'm also getting ready to fly out to Virginia this Thursday for my friend Nathan's wedding. He's getting married in Charlottesville. I'm flying from Chicago (Midway) to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Richmond. I'm thinking of driving up into the Blue Ridge Mountains on Friday to get some nice pictures.

I received one of the Virginia tourism guides in the mail a few weeks ago. I would love to go back there at a more leisurely pace and do some of the touristy things. I've already seen Mount Vernon when my family and I went to Washington D.C., but I'd like to see Williamsburg, Yorktown (where the British surrendered to America) and Appomattox (where Lee surrendered to Grant). Maybe someday I'll rent an RV and also go to a NASCAR race at either Richmond or Martinsville.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 14-Oct-2008, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

The Blue Ridge Mts. are gorgeous this time of year! Do visit if you can. With the lack of rain this summer, the colors may not be as strong and may not last as long too (our trees are dropping leaves more quickly than usual, dang it) but its worth checking out.
Be careful at Hartsfield airport in Atlanta... it was okay the last time I took a flight out of town but still, its massive & crowded. I still get lost so easy there!

Speaking of NASCAR, I now have a new driver to cheer for. I always say I gave up on NASCAR when King Richard retired (Richard Petty, 'natch!) but a couple of weeks ago I was at my hair dressers getting a trim (color too, shhhhh) and this sweet lady was there... we struck up a conversation, and her nephew is David Ragan who is driving #6 now that Martin doesn't have it any more. David is going to be sponsored by UPS so he is well funded and the auntie is very enthusiastic about his chances now. He's about the age of my kids so I thought heck, might as well root for the whippersnapper.

laugh.gif
PM               
flora 
Posted: 14-Oct-2008, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I so glad you posted about the leaves. We try to go camping but I don't think we will be able to go until November.

We usually stay a couple of days in Atlanta, then go north to Tennessee. We like Red Top Mountain and Amicolola Falls. ( I know I didn't spell that right, but I too tired to look it up.)

I noticed that there is a full moon tonight, and usually by this time we have had a little taste of "cool weather". It has been in the 80's but pretty windy.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 15-Oct-2008, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 14-Oct-2008, 05:50 PM)
The Blue Ridge Mts. are gorgeous this time of year! Do visit if you can. With the lack of rain this summer, the colors may not be as strong and may not last as long too (our trees are dropping leaves more quickly than usual, dang it) but its worth checking out.
Be careful at Hartsfield airport in Atlanta... it was okay the last time I took a flight out of town but still, its massive & crowded. I still get lost so easy there!

Speaking of NASCAR, I now have a new driver to cheer for. I always say I gave up on NASCAR when King Richard retired (Richard Petty, 'natch!) but a couple of weeks ago I was at my hair dressers getting a trim (color too, shhhhh) and this sweet lady was there... we struck up a conversation, and her nephew is David Ragan who is driving #6 now that Martin doesn't have it any more. David is going to be sponsored by UPS so he is well funded and the auntie is very enthusiastic about his chances now. He's about the age of my kids so I thought heck, might as well root for the whippersnapper.

laugh.gif

Yeah, David Ragan is a teammate of my driver, Matt Kenseth. They drive for The Cat In The Hat, Jack Roush.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 19-Oct-2008, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I'm not posting here a lot but I keep reading this thread, so you all are very familar to me.

Again I need to share because it's a matter of heart for me to see you all well and safe.
Last week there was a horrible car crash on the "autobahn" (motorway) near my town. A rot of wild pigs crossed the six-lane motorway totally unexoectedly in the very early morning hours. A big truck rushed into them, the next car could still stop in time, but the cars that followed him crashed into his car and hit it a couple of times. The driver was killed immediately. The motorway was closed for more than half of the day. I heard it on the news at work, and at night a friend called me and told me who that man was who was killed that day.
It was a good friend of me whom I had known for almost 30 years.
Seems like death is a permanent companion for me those days. I'm sad, more than words can say. I'm grieving for a dear and very special person while at the same time I feel deep gratefulness that I had the honor to know him and to call him a friend.

This is what I wrote for him, in loving memory.

INTO THE LIGHT

When darkness came
at the end of my days,
when light got pale,
when the rainbow faded,
the eagle arrived
and carried me on wings
so tender and gentle
far aross the Seven Seas
to the end and beginning of all.
He carefully put me down
at the beginning of the light
and dawn of the eternal day,
so bright and warm,
welcoming me...
I entered the light.
Don't cry for me,
I came home.
I never left you,
I only proceded you ...

My dear friends, reconsider your lives and take time for things that really matter, sweep away what isn't worth to be dealt with.
Most of all, hug those who are dear to you and keep telling them how much you love them and how much they mean to you because we never know how much time is still left for each of us. Cherish each single day and take good care of yourselves.

Blessings,
Gabby

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
valpal59 
Posted: 19-Oct-2008, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Gabby;
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. Your memorial is very moving. hug.gif

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Oct-2008, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Sorry about your friend Gaberlunzie.
Hope everyone else here is doing okay.
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 20-Oct-2008, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Gabby, I too am sorry for the lose of your friend. Life is so precious.

I haven't been around for a while in this forum. I have been spending too much time in the political forum. I took the week off and spent it at Stone Mountain helping with set up for the highland games. I had a great time. There are so many nice people who give of their time to make this event happen. As usual I had a good time at the games. I danced, visited with friends and danced some more. I finally got to meet another Georgia girl, Gwynhwyvar and her family. Very nice folks. So today I am recovering so I can go back to work.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]