freekenny 
Posted: 03-Nov-2004, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 02-Nov-2004, 10:15 PM)
laugh.gif Just tell them that life is much more interesting when you're around!

Dreamer1

O'siyo Dreamer,
~ Yeah I could or I could just tell them that life with me around is just plain weird! lookaround.gif lol.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

Wow...it's all interesting!

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 10-Nov-2004, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

O'siyo,
~ Well, I had to have my baby Cowboy (cat) put to sleep Friday eve~ rip_1.gif I am so incredibly sad, a feeling that I know will pass, however I am not certain to how soon the tears will stop cry.gif
~ I buried my baby Cowboy Saturday morn in one of my flower gardens and placed a kneeling angel on his 'grave'~ I talked to him the entire tyme as I wrapped some spearmint, white sacred sage, juniper berries and pinion pine in a piece of leather and placed in his favourite blanket along with him~ cry.gif
~ I was in such shock at his sudden illness, of course the guilt I feel is unbelievable and now that he isn't here with me physically is heartwrenching! I was in the basement sitting on a bed praying to the Great Spirit to bless me with some peace about all this~ As I opened my eyes I caught a glimpse of Cowboy walking down the stairs that lead to the basement..He always stopped on the second to last step and always looked at me and waited for me to say,'Come on Cowboy, come lay down with mama'..well I spoke these words and as plain as day I watched this baby of mine walk right over to the bed and jump on it, lay down on his favourite pillow~ This caused my tears to cease and just as I reached over to his pillow to pet him, well, he wasn't there~ sad.gif I have seen him twice since Saturday and I just know that Cowboy will always be here with me~ But, sheesh, I so miss him! NI YA WE Great Spirit for allowing me to see animal spirits and Ni Ya We for blessing me with that gift!
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 10-Nov-2004, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

I am soo sorry freekenny! That's a terrible loss!

My mother said when see put down our cat Abby, awhile back that she kept seeing her were she normally would.

It made me sortof scared that I would see her, yet I sortof wanted to....I never did.
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Freekenny,

I'm so sorry for you and for Cowboy, too. cry.gif I know how hard this has been for you, and how much you miss him. Remember, though, that he will always be with you! (You know that even better than I do.) I just wish we had more control over the times we could "visit" those we love.

Thinking of you.
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
freekenny 
Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (dragonboy3611 @ 10-Nov-2004, 04:34 PM)
I am soo sorry freekenny! That's a terrible loss!

My mother said when see put down our cat Abby, awhile back that she kept seeing her were she normally would.

It made me sortof scared that I would see her, yet I sortof wanted to....I never did.

O'siyo dragonboy,
~ Ni Ya We for your words..very kind of you..if I may share something with you..You say that you were 'sorta scared' when you thought of seeing Abby but, yet you 'kinda wanted too' but, never did..may I share with you why it is that you didn't see Abby? sleep.gif It has been my personal experience that if one has fear it inhibits the mind not allowing one to 'see' something that the eyes can't explain happy.gif Your mom saw Abby because she was the closest to her perhaps but, without a doubt it is very important for us to 'see' our babies when we are the ones that had to do such an ugly ugly deed as putting them 'down'... sad.gif Just felt like sharing that with you..
~~ Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 11-Nov-2004, 10:08 PM)
Freekenny,

I'm so sorry for you and for Cowboy, too. cry.gif I know how hard this has been for you, and how much you miss him. Remember, though, that he will always be with you! (You know that even better than I do.) I just wish we had more control over the times we could "visit" those we love.

Thinking of you.
Dreamer1

O'siyo Dreamer,
~ Ni Ya We from the bottom of my spirit for your words of comfort hug.gif I too wish we could 'control' when we 'see' our babies..how wonderful would that be!! clap.gif I haven't seen my Cowboy since I returned from North Carolina from Thanks Giving Holiday.. sad.gif It's alright though for the last tyme I saw him was when I was sitting in front of the fireplace in my living area..I was holding Lil' Feather, his sister, and explaining to her that 'bubby' wouldn't be back..she had just started to realize that he wasn't around and I watched her for days go up and down the stairs, meow for him, look for him in all his favourite places..sheesh it was heartwrenching to say the least cry.gif so I just had to explain to her that he wasn't with us in body now..I know I am totally insane but, Lil' Feather understood every word I was saying..she got off of my lap and went to a bench I have in the Foyer that Cowboy used to lay on..she jumped on the bench and as plain as day she began grooming and before I knew it she was grooming Cowboy..what was so strange is that he was sitting there just as pretty as a picture and for a couple of minutes it didn't hit me that he wasn't 'alive'..well of course being the sentimental sap that I am, I broke down in a million tears.. cry.gif He just had to wait for the right tyme to say 'cya later Sissy' to Lil' Feather..I totally believe that now he is at peace after 'talking' to her so he is finally at Rainbow Bridge living a HEALTHY life! angel.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 05-Aug-2005, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

Well, I figured this thread fit what I wanted to share, so I'll give it a little bump.

Any fun experiences with these devices? How bout scary experiences?

I used to play with them when I was in high school with my firends. Nothing realy that interesting ever happened when I was using them. OFten when I used the board the pointer would move from one letter to the other on either side of the board faster and faster until it just flew off the board.

One time my best friend and I used it at his house and were, according to the board, talking to a man who had just died recently and was confused.

We also talked to somethig who said they were Jesus, but he could have been spanish now that I think about it.

This is pretty much the extent of my personal experiences. Sometimes at night when I would be talking on the phone I wo0uld get the weird feeling like someone was watching me, or I'd wake up the the middle of the night feeling like a was being watched, but I never saw anything, and eventually the feeling would go away, or get strong enough to make me leave the room.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 16-Aug-2005, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

This is a long story-- I didn't think I had so much to say, I made it into two parts--forgive me.

I haven't a direct experience with ouija but a few summers ago at a rare gathering of friends, when we were all either free from work or not in class, met at a country home. It was a farmhouse and that summer was extremely hot and humid. We were lucky that day, a breeze started to blow from the north which cooled things down considerably. So as evening settled into night, some of us decided to get a small fire blazing in the firepit and others were happily catching up on the times with their feet soaking in the above ground pool. It was a pleasant -- beers for everyone. Some of us had to leave early so by midnight I counted 4 heads, myself included.

We nestled by the fire not willing to give up the night just yet...for some of us it was hard to say good bye. I always manage to fall into a trance by staring into the flames as they flicker like some enchanted dance as my friend's voices wash over me and the world seems to go away for a time. Anyways I came to when I heard laughter. Apparently I had become the brunt of a joke.

I was getting hungry, dinner was long gone, we migrated into the house. The beer had run its course, so I started a pot of coffee, while my female friend raided the fridge. The two boys were seated at the table.

**For the sake of this story I must impart a bit of personal history about one of the boys:
Three summers prior to this meet a terrible tragedy befell him. I will not make excuses on his behalf, he is sorry. You see he was dating a girl from Montreal, it was a long distance relationship. According to him they had been dating steadily. They were 17. She fell pregnant and during this time, at one point she "ran away" from everyone. He could not find her. He was willing to quit school etc...So a month goes by without word and then a phone call, her body had been found, it was a suicide.**

I could hear a heated discussion in the dining room from the kitchen. I heard "her" name being mentioned. They were talking about dreams. I serve the coffee and by then I think we are runnning on empty but the conversation and company fuel us, time flies! I look at the clock-- 3AM. One of the boys was attending a university in Rigaud, it's near Montreal. They have this huge cathedral on hill. The conversation turns to him and he starts to describe what it is like being inside...and then with a sideways glance, he mentions that there had been a rash of suicides there in the last two weeks. He goes on to explain how bizarre it is and that since some of the guys he hangs out with publish the campus papers they have been doing their own private investigating on the side. They delve into the local history books, the daily news archives, they interview the friends of the deceased. It seems they all had one common thread which gets him and his friends suspicious. The day of the suicide they had all visited the campus auditorium.

PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 16-Aug-2005, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Part 2.
This is where he gets up and asks if there is string and a paperclip in the house. I'm getting nervous-- I think we are all pretty wired. He hangs this from the ceiling light. He says if it starts to move oddly there is "energy". We close all the windows.

They eventually stumble on the fact that the deceased had all been there alone. They don't know what to make of it. They search the auditorium for any scrap of evidence, clues...but nothing. It becomes their all consuming obsession, a few weeks go by and rumours start to fly that that place is haunted. There is another suicide-- this time a more popular student. After exhausting all conventional methods, two of them decide to try to follow a supernatural path. With help from others they revisit all the sites of the suicides and eventually the burial sites as well. That they've been talking to a "helpful" spirit who eventually they discovered was this man that was charged with rape. Apparantly they discovered through the archives that brutal assaults occured some hundred years ago in the area, and through the news archives they found a man charged with assault and rape. They believed it was this man they had unwittingly been communicating with.

I like to say I don't believe in the mystical-- yet I felt something. Not physically, but my mind, seemed to be --expanding, becoming lighter. I leave the table to go to the washroom and linger there. I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear anymore. The washroom is on the main floor as is the livingroom, kitchen and diningroom. Just as I started to chuckle at my own foolishness, I knew I was tired. I swear this is true! All the windowpanes rattled. It was as if they were all loose in their frames. Brief and violent. I'll never forget it--the hairs on the back of my neck are tingling at the thought.

I ran out of there on pure adrenaline, I heard crying from the diningroom. All I could think of were my friends. I saw the livingroom door was open to the backyard. Against my will I peek into the diningroom and say my female friend sobbing at the table, I grabbed her and we went outside. One of the boys, the one with the girl who committed suicide was talking to the sky almost. As if he was trying to appease someone.

I didn't dare ask what happened-- I didn't want to know. I scarcely admitted it to myself. At first I was angry, I thought they were all playing a mean trick, until I counted all the windows on the main floor, a total of 8. There is no way they could have rattled them like that and run back to the diningroom. Impossible, there are no train tracks or anything of the like either, this was not an earthquake. I can't explain it. None of them actually volunteered either.

This is where it gets truly bizarre but I feel the story is incomplete without it.

We decided we would stick together and none of us wanted to return to the diningroom. We eventually piled onto a huge sofa in the livingroom-- it's now 4:30AM. I try to sleep-- I close my eyes and as I was drifting off I "saw" a face rush at me from the dark and then before I could react it went "through" my face. It all happened in microseconds. I believe it was my imagination playing tricks on me. And still I wonder if maybe it was something else. I didn't sleep the rest of the night, and that morning when I returned home I found my little brother crying on the doorstep he said our cat had been killed. Two of us from that night owned pets and they were both dead.

This happened a few years ago. I haven't kept in touch with any of them. I guess I posted this story now because it felt right... I needed an outlet. I've kept it inside for so long, I wanted to forget it but it still intrudes, especially when I'm reading other stories of the supernatural. I just don't want anyone to think I'm crazy. It's hard to keep things bottled up for so long. Well before I make it worse I'll just stop rambling now.

PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 16-Aug-2005, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

::...:: AND...? ::gets out the popcorn:: Don't leave us hangin' like this!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
ghost 
Posted: 16-Aug-2005, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

It does sound crazy doesn't it? I became so preoccupied with it that the day has flown by and I feel so empty now, not hollow, just exhausted. Glad I kept someone entertained at least.

I don't know how most of you feel on this subject, I don't even know how I feel about it There are just some things that can go unexplained and can't be ignored I guess.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 17-Aug-2005, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

I think that unexplainable thing have an explanation...science just hasn't caught up yet. Things that science hasn't gotten around to explaining yet are always questioned or disbelieved...and I suppose rightfully so.

Personally, regardless of anything else, I just think it's fun to believe in ghosts and other supernatural things. If nothing else they make for great stories, as was your eventide.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 17-Aug-2005, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

That part about seeing the face during that falling off to sleep phase -- they call it "hypnogogic," or what leads to sleep -- that's very believable. Almost anything can float in the psychic space at that point, it's very free. Any sense can be involved -- I have very active auditory hypnagogic times, myself. And CC is right -- sleep experts can explain to you what the brain waves are like at that point, and the parts of the brain making the images, and all that, but a shaman will tell you he or she is in non-ordinary reality, and the images are explainable that way.

I don't know that those two ways of explaining it cancel each other out. Everything perceived has to be on the "wetware" of the brain. It's the instrument we have for it. But that doesn't rule out stimuli that aren't produced in the external material world. And we know those exist. Again -- the psychiatrist calls it a hallucination, if the visual centers of the brain are active, but we see what is not in the external world in front of the eyes. But a shaman calls it a visitation, a sending.

It doesn't hurt to stop demanding a one-or-the-other choice between those things for a while, and instead entertain multiple explanations. Insights can come that way.
PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 18-Aug-2005, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

To be honest, I just feel better for "letting it out". Makes me selfish maybe but I can't help it. For the longest time I've been carrying this around. I had squared it away I thought, forever. I can't explain what happened and I don't want to assume anything. I just want to let it go.

CC and Stoirmeil, it's nice to know there are people out there who despite the craziness, still try to volunteer some perspective, it's appreciated believe me. I too like to follow some of the old supernatural stories, they are entertaining. Yet as I learned this week that it's quite different when you find yourself doin' the tellin'!

I will research the "hypnogogic" sleep phase. Stoirmeil, as I understand it this can happen quite frequently you say? That was my only experience. I have one question tho, if I may. What do you mean by non-ordinary reality?-- I can't imagine it.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]