Dogshirt 
Posted: 28-Dec-2008, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Now I'm really confused; if it's unread news how did you know last night that it happened? If you read the news last night, then it should have been deleted automatically. On top of that, I did not send any armies at you.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and point out that we are using a game that's still quite buggy and under development. There have been reports of lost messages and donations before; can we accept the possibility that a system message that should have been sent to loxinthe was sent to you instead?

Unread news is simply what was on my game page when I checked in. It was notifying of troops sent at me from you. It WAS deleted after I read it or I would post it here.
And yes, considering some of the shite that I have seen happen in this game, I will consider a SLIGHT chance of game error. But the is a pretty big difference in the numeric designations of our two countries.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
subhuman 
Posted: 28-Dec-2008, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

But the is a pretty big difference in the numeric designations of our two countries.

Indeed there is, at least in base-10. In binary, it's quite similar- the difference between 6:4 and 2:1 is just three bits.
6:4= 110:100
2:1= 010:001
If the game stores player identities by kingdom location, it has to be using at least 96 bits to do this- 93 of 96 the same is fairly similar. (McRoach has a location of 1:8:17; in order to store that "17" it has to be using 32 bits each- I dropped leading zeros to make it simpler)

However it's not likely that the game identifies players internally by the same method it's displayed to us. Instead of "knowing" us as locations (such as 1:6:4 for you, for example) it's much more likely that each player is assigned a GUID.
This is generally done in multiplayer games because other designations might change (for example, if a player migrates) but the GUID will remain constant. We have no way of knowing what GUIDs each person has been assigned; you two may be even more similar than you expect.

Ok, I'm gonna STFU now since I'm over-analyzing this (I actually deleted 2 paragraphs before saving.)

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
olorin 
Posted: 28-Dec-2008, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
167,375 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Sub, why in the hell are you wasting your time here playing games? You totally need to get into world politics; you should be a NATO diplomat or something. You got mad skills I'm telling you. thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Slŕinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
hydroshok40 
  Posted: 29-Dec-2008, 02:10 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Hermiston, OR

male

Ok, now im REALLY confused........
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 29-Dec-2008, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

(McRoach has a location of 1:8:17; in order to store that "17" it has to be using 32 bits each- I dropped leading zeros to make it simpler)

Man I need to start drinking again. I don't know why I said this; only 8 bits is needed for each value.
PMEmail Poster               
hydroshok40 
Posted: 29-Dec-2008, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Hermiston, OR

male

ok,ok. That clarified it...................lol
PMEmail Poster               
olorin 
Posted: 29-Dec-2008, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
167,375 Gold!

Well since that's settled...
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 09:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Shenaniganz247 @ 28-Dec-2008, 03:59 AM)
This seems to be a reoccuring theme in this game, whenever someone is attacked, as attacks are part of the game, there is always someone complaining about being the attacked, but should they turn around and attack someone, they see no harm in it.

People here really need to get a grip on this game, war is not always HONORABLE.  IMO there is no such thing as being honorable in war,  one way or the other you are attacking someone and threatening their homeland and lives.  How in the hell is it that warning someone you are about to destroy everything they've worked for made out to be honorable?    Hey just wanted to let you know I was going to kill you and everyone around you  hope you don't care, best of luck in the future.   Give me a break people, war is just that,  full on battle, winner take all, fight to the death or surrender.   We're not playing chess here.    Get over yourselves, and get with the game.   For those of you who just want to be peaceful and watch the gold pile up under your throne, then you are the reason these attacks are happening.   You do NOTHING in this game or for this game except horde the things the ones actually enjoying the game.  

I'm upset more of those people haven't been attacked and their gold raided.    I think something should be done about that, use it or lose it.  There should be a declaration of war brought upon all of those doing so, and whenever someone comes on to these forums and complains about being attacked unjustly and unfairly and calling people disrespectful and barbaric,  LOOK AT THE GAME YOU ARE PLAYING!!!! it is a medieval game for Christ's sake!!!!     Power was taken in those days, not voted on.

Consider this a FORMAL WARNING to all in this game, that with the exception of my fellow clan members and those that I am in alliance with, I will begin to throw my forces upon your doorstep, and each time I see you post in here complaining of it, I will send yet another army, or ask one of my brethern to send one of theirs.
To those of you who enjoy this game for what it should be, I invite you to do the same, and should I be attacked by any of you do not expect to see me crying because I've lost part of my kingdom,   if you look at the past posts you will see I took it all in good sport when i was attacked by an entire clan, and actually acknowledged said clan on a job well done.   YOu should all try to do the same.

Open war shall be upon all who are not friends of the Bruce!!!!

Lord Shenaniganz247 of Kincardine
Chieftain, Clan Bruce
1:5:1

Lord Shenaniganz,

For those of you who just want to be peaceful and watch the gold pile up under your throne, then you are the reason these attacks are happening.   You do NOTHING in this game or for this game except horde the things the ones actually enjoying the game.  

If some of this apply to me as well then so be it...I accept it with humility.

And apologies are in order here for all of this nonsense...first I would like to apologize to Lord Subhuman.

For what is worth my lord here are my explanations.

I was under the impression that Lord loxinthe acquired all those workers by accident...I wrote to him and asked what has happened.In his reply nothing was mentionned that is has been done deliberately and that he knew very well what he was doing.I learned of it the same way you all did from his reply on here in this thread. I was stunned to say the least. For I felt like a fool now that I had offered him protection within our clan. But it seem that for Lord Loxinthe is wasn't enough he wanted more...he wanted war.Which I wasn't ready to give and neither was my Laird. For all that has happened to Lord loxinthe it was of his own doing not the fault of anybody else.

This situation became out of control in here with all kinds of bad words thrown at each other for what...nothing was gain from it really...in all of this the biggest looser was myself...for not only did I loose one member in my kingdom that I had no choice but to let go because I was considered a failure as a queen in his eyes but I lost also the friendship of a CR member as well for there is no communication between us since then.

This a sad state when a game takes on people like this...

Also I would like to apologize to Lord Olorin...for all the same reason my lord.
You were right in your previous statement that he brought it all on himself by his own doing.

Like you state here Lord Shenaninganz I think people really need to get a grip on the game and enjoy it...and yes also there is nothing honorable in war...except mercy. And yes people that do not agree with some of the rules in war should not have open an account in a war game to start with I agree too but we are not all of the same opinion it seems and we should all play within that respect as well and try to find a common balance in all this.

And lastly I would like to apologize to Lord Loxinthe for loosing your friendship is worse then playing a game sir...so I apologize for all that has happened.
Maybe someday when you are ready we will be friends again.

Lady of Avalon

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Wise, VA

male

Lady of Avalon,

That post about the people sitting around piling up gold was meant more for the members of Wolf Clan than anyone and in no way did i target you. You are actually playing the game quite often and not just logging in once a month to check how much you have. I respect you in this game, but do not those that do that, and I hope to be able to extract vengenance on those very soon. I value your friendship in this game as I do the rest of your clan and in no way hope that my words or the actions of my fellow clan members did anything to dishonor that alliance and friendship.

And I agree there should be mercy given to some and Lord Loxinthe deserved mercy I do agree there, there are others however who need to be attacked relentlessly until nothing of them remains but smote and ruins.

Good day to you my queen smile.gif

--------------------
ALBA GU BRATH
PMEmail Poster               
olorin 
Posted: 04-Jan-2009, 03:34 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
167,375 Gold!

Lady of Avalon,

No apologies are necessary for we all make mistakes. Your actions were based on what you thought to be truths at the time, and had they been those action were quite justified.

I am glad the issue has finally been put to rest. Peace be with you my queen.

Olórin of Valinor
Second in Command, Clan Bruce
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 07-Jan-2009, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Thank you gentlemen for your acknowledgement.

Lady of Avalon
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]