MacErca 
Posted: 25-Nov-2003, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

As Macerca leaves the smithy he hesitates and looks back on what has been his home and business for over twenty years he thinks that this is not right , then he realises that all is in good hands MacFaergus is a master in his own right, maybe he should go back and show him just a few more things, then in a still small voice from inside his head he hears " Faergus Macerca you know well that he is able to carry on, you have a job to do, now be off with you."

By the Gods it has been a long time since I heard that voice not since the day I returned from the great battle, only to see the village in ruins and , and it was a horrible sight women and children, these were not men of valor that did this, it was one thing to fight in a battle but this was different, it was that day that he had laid his sword down, found his young wife and small son lying together with barely a spark of life in them, it was then that he swore to Brigid that he would never lift a sword in battle again, and now she speaks from the other side.

By the Gods I miss you.

Macerca found himself walking down the road that led to the castle, he had wanted the shop this far away because of the noise thats typical with a blacksmith shop and forge, so as he walked along he absent mindedly reach back and drew the sword and began swing it as he walked.

Amazing he thought it seems that with every swing this sword gets lighter and lighter. Walking along he noticed the young boy from the tavern. Boy come here bring this message to the Dragon Mistress, and dont dally, and heres a gold coin for you. Who shall I say is sending this message sire? Why dont you know theMaster Smith? Yes sire I do and your not him he was much older at least I think and as far as I know the way you look, heh, heh, you look like one of those old warrior people I've heard about. Macerca said "What are you talking about boy." with shock in his voice. By now the boy was shaking in his tunic, I meant no harm sire, its just people dont have their bodies painted with blue woad in the fashion of the Picts any more. Macerca's eyes opened wide at what the boy had said, looked down at his arms and saw the eternal knot that started at his sword hand went right up the arm and continued God knows where. He turned to the boy as he reached into the sack that he carried with the new weapons as he touched them another bolt as of lightning coursed through his body finding a small piece of parchnent he quickly scribbled on and folding it sealed it with the mastersmith seal.
Boy go give this to the Dragon Master and tell no one. he said while grabbing the boy by the shoulders, then realizing what he had done he smiled and lifted the boy in the air and chuckled and said excuse me dear boy I dont seem to be myself today. setting the boy down and laughing.

As soon as the boys feet touched the ground he was off and running as if a monster was after him.

What has happend to me, maybe the Dragon Master has some answers, I hope, as he sheathed the sword it accidently touched the set of wings that was made from the stone and made a funny sound almost as if it could be a chord, a note, he thought , naw just a buzz just like when the sword was first finished.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 01:25 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

coming out of my thought I reach for the message. Tearing it open my eyes grow wide as I read the words.

" Lady Rider,
I must see you at once behind the old Tavern. I fear some thing has changed me. Please I am in need of your assistance.

In the service of the Dragons,
Mac"

How could he have changed? Old Tavern? Where would that be ....hmmm well best way is to apperaite to him. claping my hands together 3 times I say Macercas name willing to be at his side.

Appearing next to a young man, I look around and speak to him, startling him out of his witts.

"Excuse me, but have you seen an older gentleman, the smithy to be exact. I am looking for him."
Jumping back and grabbing at his heart he swears. Catching his breath he looks at me and speaks.
"Dear God Woman, dunna do tha to mee agin! Lady Rider what has happened to me?"

Looking startled at this young man " Excuse me? I know your voice but not your face." Suddenly the light dawns on Rider " MAC! " reaching up and touching his face Rider feels the energy running through him removing my hand I explain what has happened to him. " Dragons be praised, They have made you young again. This will not fade. you are as you were 25 years ago. The sword has provided you with a fresh start. The strength and energy to perform what is expected of you. Come I will take you back to my dwelling , you shouldn't be seen like this yet. Man is Labban gonna go mad when he sees you."
Grabbing Macs hand I apparaite us back to my study.

" This is amazing, your wearing the mark of the warrior." Rider looks at Mac in absolute facination. Blushing she looks away.

" I'm sorry I amstaring, I just never knew you as a young man. I had heard you were very handsome, but I had no Idea."
Blushing even darker Rider turns away and goes to her books.
" When we were deciphering the glyphs, I got to a certain point and they just disappeared. what do you think caused that?"

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

female

*Oh praise the goddess! A Castle! Finally!*

Walking very slowly an exausted young woman approaches the castle. As she reaches the castle gates she stops to look around.

"Hmmm no guards. Thats odd."

struggling as she pushes open the door she stands in the entry way on weak knees.
She starts to call out,

"Can someone please hel........"

Before she can finish her cry for help her bag slips from her hand. Her head and the bag both meet the floor with a resounding thud.

--------------------
Have a day!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

"Always shoot for the moon that way if you miss you'll always land among the stars"

'An it harm non do what you will'
oldraven 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Labban lies in his bed, wimpering and sobbing. He opens one eye and sits up straight in bed. Sweat pouring down his brow. A few minutes pass as he stares panting at the wall. He eventually turns and puts his feet on the floor. He gets up and starts to dress himself, after he removed a few pieces of clothing that, thankfuly, whoever had put him to bed hadn't taken the liberty of removing for him.

It must have been Aaediwen. He managed a chuckle at the thought of his old friend faced with that situation. I feel as though I've been mowed down by a team of oxen. And he looked like it too. Not that he knew that. He hadn't yet taken a look at his small looking glass. And he had no intentions of doing that this day. He had shaved yesterday, and didn't really feel like spiffing himself up too much.

He stepped out into the hall and made his way to the dining hall, next to the kitchens. On his way he stopped by the cellarer for his morning cider, but paused in the door when he caught wiff of the fermented fruits. His stomach reeled and the image of a warm mug of green tea soothed his mind. So he continued on.

As he passed the main door he caught something in the corner of his eye, and stopped for a double take. There lie a woman on the floor. A stranger.

He ran over to her and knelt at her side. Noticing the bump on her forehead and the fresh trickle of blood, he deducted that she hit her head quite hard when she fell. Placing his index finger below her nose, he saw that she was breathing, and so called for help. Where the devil were the guards. Something must be done about this. Some servant staff ran up at being called and carried the girl to the healer at Labban's request. Tell his honour that I wish to be informed of her condition. The guards on duty would pay dearly for this.

All thoughts of tea and breakfast were out of his mind, and now he headed straight for the Lord of the Castle's chamber. Things must be done around here. The defenses were far too laxed.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

In a cave two days ride from the Castle, waits the Highlander, he has not left to area, for later that day after the battle, Rider caught up to him, and told him to stay, as something was to befall the Castle, something terrible. So Highlander waits with the Olde Hag in the dry warm cave for a message to come telling him he is need. But not as the Highlander, but as himself. Highlander sits and wonders about his son, now posessing the sword of .............., if only he knew it.

--------------------
Highlander, 2004

"Fortune favors the Daring"
Neither draw me without cause, nor return me without honour
Clan MacKinnon
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

((hmmm *scratches chin* interesting. Most interesting))
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Running from the direction of the healer's I encounter Lebbin, "Good goddess, man What became that poor lady I just saw being helped to the healer? she looked like she'd just been stampeeded by a herd of night mares."

"Not sure yet", came the reply, "Just found her laying here this morn'"

Well, the best we can do now I guess, is not to worry about it. Think I may have found a way to revive the remainder of those glyphs. We should get together, and bring some insturments.
The magic of music may well do the trick and allow Rider to read the remaining text. Need to get with her knowledge on draconic magic combined with our skills with music and words. Surely we should be able to whip something up.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

*opening her eyes slowly the woman looks around the room*

"Where am I and how did I get here?" She sits up and shakes her head to try and wake herself more.

"Ack..my head!" She raises her hand and feels a large lump on her forehead.

"Well thats what I get for coming in uninvited" she says with a small smile.

Noticing that she is alone she calls out.

"Hello? Is there anybody in this bloody castle?"

Swinging her feet off the tables she was laying on she looks around. "Wow look at all this great stuff. I wonder where the healer is, this must be their room. Look at all these herbs! Wonder if the healer would be willing to sell me some? My bag is getting kinda.....OH NO!! My bag!"

The woman jumps off the table and looks around the room frantically. Realizing that her bag is not in there she runs out the door..........
MacErca 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Dragon Master

I dont know what to make of the dissapearing glyphs, with Master Labban, I do know one thing that with each passing day and with each contact with Dragonstrike I am changing and not exactly to my liking, I feel that before this over we shall all be changed into what the gods only knows, perhaps they are getting a good laugh at our expense.

As to the glyphs I know not what could make them reappear, but there was one strange occurence, watch this, removing the Torc and the set of wings from the sack, where they had each been wrapped in leather to protect them unwrapping the Torc he handed it to the Dragon Master, now hold this, he exclaimed as he withdrew Dragonstrike, bring the two pieces together they started to glow a bluosh green and started to wildly buzz, as they touched they made a sound that could almost be considered a chord but was slightly off.

Riders eyes opened in awe at the things that were transpiring the events were happening to fast really to keep track of.

As Macerca unwrapped the Torc and handed it to Her she noticed the craftmanship
the skystone had been melted, reformed into thin wires and braided, like the very same braid that she wore in her hair, the twisting the twining, seem to start nowhere and end nowhere and the dragonhead finial, appeared almost alive,as Macerca placed it around her neck it was a perfect fit, with just a slight bit of adjustment, so that it would hang right, with the opening in the front just at the hollow of her throat, as he finished he cleared his throat and quickly backed away, and said "A beauty for a beauty."

Now what am I going to do about all this, making a sweeping motion to direct her gaze to see all the blue mark now covering his entire body, I tried scrubbing the blasted things off but my skin is still raw frome the escapade, any suggestions?

By the way where is Labban I need to give him this, one thig that I need is a peice of elder, do you have a staff, so that I may join the two.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
oldraven 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

His talk with the Lord of the manor went well. Well because he got his point across about the lack of guard, and even better that he walked away with his head firmly attached to his shoulders after taking such a tone with the Capitan.

Master Labban, you forget your place! I will forgive this insolence only because you were in the right to come to me. I had no idea this matter of guard had reached such a low. The problem will be addressed, and an example will be made, to ensure this does not happen again. Lord Paul was agitated, but in control. Now be off before I change my mind about your poor behavior.

Labban headed down the steps to the second level, where his lyre could be found in the minstrels hall. (which wasn't much of a hall at all. More like an unused corridor. The acoustics were horrid in here) Picking up his lyre, he noticed his tin whistle and stuffed it in one of his pouches at his side. I don't know what good this will do, but I'll try anything.

Just then a girl came barreling round the corner of the unused corridor looking this way and that franticaly. She slammed into the man who had no chance to brace himself, and so the two toppled over in a heap.

OCH!! What's this all about then? He yelped. Wait. You're the girl at the door. How did you get down here? The Healer let you go? Why wasn't I informed? This last question was more to himself.

What Healer? I woke up in this abandoned Castle, and you're the first person I've seen yet. Who are you, I might ask.

The two sat ther scrutinizing each other until they both realized that she was sitting accross his lap like a child on her Grampa's knee. They were both sitting up straight, yelling at each other up till now. They both turned four shades of red and Labban wiggled his feet franticly. Well, get off then. They stood up and brushed the dust off their clothes. Not that it helped in her case. She was covered in dirt from the road.

Labban looked down by his feet. There lay his Lyre, broken clean in two at the neck. Gah! Wonderful. Do you have any clue how long it takes to have one of those made? He looked up to find he was complaining to an empty room. Where'd that tramp get off to? ((tramp as in dirty traveler, not whore))

He reached for Gadrid's Lute instead. He spoke under his breath.I've got to borrow this my good friend. Hope you don't mind. Goonda! With that Labban headed for the dungeons.
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (oldraven @ Nov 27 2003, 11:22 AM)

Just then a girl came barreling round the corner of the unused corridor looking this way in that in a frantic way. She slammed into the man who had no chance to brace himself, and so the two toppled over in a heap.

OCH!! What's this all about then? He yelped. Wait. You're the girl at the door. How did you get down here? The Healer let you go? Why wasn't I informed? This last question was more to himself.

What Healer? I woke up in this abandoned Castle, and you're the first person I've seen yet. Who are you, I might ask.

The two sat ther scrutinizing each other until they both realized that she was sitting accross his lap like a child on her Grampa's knee. They were both sitting up straight, yelling at each other up till now. They both turned four shades of red and Labban wiggled his feet franticly. Well, get off then. They stood up and brushed the dust off their clothes. Not that it helped in her case. She was covered in dirt from the road.

Labban looked down by his feet. There lay his Lyre, broken clean in two at the neck. Gah! Wonderful. Do you have any clue how long it takes to have one of those made? He looked up to find he was complaining to an empty room. Where'd that tramp get off to? ((tramp as in dirty traveler, not whore))

"The only person I've seen since I arrived at this forsaken place and I run away like a dolt! I could have asked him if he'd seen my bag!" The woman mutters to herself as she runs from the man she just had the collision with.

"I must remember to track him down once I find my bag. I might have something in there he would enjoy. Ok, now which way do I go?" She says as she stops at another corridor.

She happens to look down and realizes how dirty she really is. "Oh I must look a fright! Oh well not much I can do about it right now is there?"

Realizing she has no idea which way she needs to go she starts turning around in circles muttering, "A map would be lovely right about now!"

(Sorry OR! Cheap shot I know but I couldn't help myself!)
oldraven 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

*RUMBLE-RUMBLE-ROOOOOAR*

Gah! I'm famished. I've got to eat. So he ate. And after leaving the kitchens, he passed by the cellarer and somehow found himself turning in. hmm. I wonder what made me do that? He called for ale, ..and that?, and sat down with one of the off duty guards for a few flagons of the day's special.

After about four mugs, he pulled out Gadrid's lute and played a few licks. The guard started singing loudly, and quite out of key, but Labban played on. Can he get any flatter? The Guard let out a long drawn out roar, which was suposedly a word.Aparently so.

Then Labban added a fill that wasn't in his usual style. Then a strange chord he'd never heard before. Then another odd progression. It sounded foreign, but very pleasant. Very powerful.

The guard's voice began to clear. He started hitting the notes he intended, and eventualy the two were playing and singing in perfect unison.

People started pouring into the room, and Labban began to sing with the old guard. Everyone was looking happy, Master Mike in particular, seeing so many patrons so early in the afternoon. He was beaming in fact.

Labban song was none he had ever heard before, and gradualy even the lyrics were new words to him. Then, in a blast of vocal force, he began to sing in a language that was unknown to anyone in the room. The guard stopped abruptly and watched in awe as Labban stood and sang. Everyone was silent, except for him, and they all watched, delighted with the performance.

Just then the girl from the Minstrel's hall came running in, excited to see the crowd.

Labban stopped suddently and stared abou the room. Confused but feeling very euphoric. Well, it would seem I'm very late for a previous engagement............. goodbye. He ran from the room.
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 03:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

"What is the beautiful music?" The young woman stops spinning and listens.

She follows the wonderful sound through a door and right in the middle of a crowd that seems to have gathered.

She pushes her way to the front of the pack to see who is playing the beautiful music.

"The gentleman from the hall!" She gasps.

Just then the gentleman stops playing and looks around in a daze.

"Well, it would seem I'm very late for a previous engagement.......good-bye" With that the man gets up and runs from the room.

The girls pushes back her way back out of the room and runs after the man.

"Excuse me...Excuse me sir!!!"
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

QUOTE (Macerca @ Nov 27 2003, 09:32 AM)
Dragon Master

I dont know what to make of the dissapearing glyphs, with Master Labban, I do know one thing that with each passing day and with each contact with Dragonstrike I am changing and not exactly to  my liking, I feel that before this over we shall all be changed into what the gods only knows, perhaps they are getting a good laugh at our expense.

As to the glyphs I know not what could make them reappear, but there was one strange occurence, watch this, removing the Torc and the set of wings from the sack, where they had  each been wrapped in leather to protect them unwrapping the Torc he handed it to the Dragon Master, now hold this, he exclaimed as he withdrew Dragonstrike, bring the two pieces together they started to glow a bluosh green and started to wildly buzz, as they touched they made a sound that could almost be considered a chord but was slightly off.

Riders eyes opened in awe at the things that were transpiring the events were happening to fast really to keep track of.

As Macerca unwrapped the Torc and handed it to Her she noticed the craftmanship
the skystone had been melted, reformed into thin wires and braided, like the very same braid that she wore in her hair, the twisting the twining, seem to start nowhere and end nowhere and the dragonhead finial, appeared almost alive,as Macerca placed it around her neck it was a perfect fit, with just a slight bit of adjustment, so that it would hang right, with the opening in the front just at the hollow of her throat, as he finished he cleared his throat and quickly backed away, and said "A beauty for a beauty."

Now what am I going to do about all this, making a sweeping motion to direct her gaze to see all the blue mark now covering his entire body, I tried scrubbing the blasted things off but my skin is still raw frome the escapade, any suggestions?

By the way where is Labban I need to give him this, one thig that I need is a peice of elder, do you have a staff, so that I may join the two.

" It's beautiful Mac, Thank You. Yes I have some elder over in the large cabinet, as to what is happening I would say that it is the dragon magick making sure we are at our best. I doubt the Gods would play with us at this point Mac."

To my knowledge there is nothing I can do to remove it, But I can cast and make it so that people see you as they remember you. Wait a moment, I have a friend who might beable to help us in this matter. I will return shortly, as for Labban, The fool didn't tell me that he had Magick used on him in the Feay realm and I cast upon him, he lost his inhabitions and his common sense, Aaed took him to his chambers to sleep off the effect, so why don't you go check on Labban and I will go and talk to my friend to see what I can figure out."

at the prompting Mac left quickly to find Aaed & Labban. as I heard the top door shut I magick the locks so no one may enter. concentraiting on Highlander , I magick myself to him in the old Hags cave bringing with me fresh food and whiskey for him and the Hag.
oldraven 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Excuse me.... excuse me sir!!!

Labban stopped and half turned. Well, if it isn't miss trouble. I think I'm going to go now while this lute's still in one piece. He raised an eyebrow and made a smirk. She stopped and gave him an offended look. So he turned and headed on his way.

Wait.She trotted after him. That was some song. Where'd you learn it. Haven't heard anything of the sort in my time.

No? Niether have I. I don't know where it came from. He stopped again and turned to her. I've got to ask again. Who are you? You show up and make my life a little more difficult every time I lay eyes on you than it was the moment before.

She gave him a scornful look, folded her arms, pushed her nose up in the air and walked off the the direction he was originaly walking. ah, so now she wants it to look like I'm the one following her.

He stood, stubornly, trying to think of another way to the dungeon. There was none. Wait. He darted after her. It was a simple question. Seems I have a tendancy to make unoffensive comments come out quite horridly. He caught up and slowed his pace. I wonder where we'd end up if I let her lead the way. He chuckled.

What are you laughing at?

Nothing, sorry. So, what's your name? And, em, why did I find you passed out with a big lump on your noggin this morning?
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]