Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Independence Of Alba, Say what you think about Freedom of Alba

What do you think about Freedom of Alba ?
Alba has to be Free [ 27 ]  [81.82%]
Alba has to stay under English rule [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
No Idea [ 5 ]  [15.15%]
Total Votes: 33
Guests cannot vote 
Turkceltic 
Posted on 05-Nov-2005, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Lüleburg , Thrace, Turkey

male

God Bless Free Alba !!! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted on 05-Nov-2005, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Personally, I'm a fan of the idea of a independant Scotland. My personal opinin is that the best scenerio between Scotland and England would be something similar to between the US and England. Independant, allied nations. I say the same for Northern Ireland.

However, that is just this American's opinion, and based on some conversatons I've had with those more directly affected by this issue, I'm getting an impression that the general mindset might be considerably different.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
MacEoghainn 
Posted on 05-Nov-2005, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

Why does Scotland want to throw England and Wales out of the United Kingdom (a kingdom created by the Scottish Royal Stewart Clan)?

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Rindy 
Posted on 05-Nov-2005, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Freedom

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted on 06-Nov-2005, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

I have to agree with Aaediwen on this. Although the "ancestral homeland" has a bloody and negative history with England (bear in mind that the UK parlaiment is in England) for many centuries, recent events have been different.
Those of us who are of Scot descent are not living there for one main reason: our ancestors who opposed English rule and policies left Scotland. Whether it was their choice or by force may vary, but the bottom line is that we don't live there. I for one would love to see a free Scotland, a Scotland that once again has a separate national identity- something seriously lacking for many centuries. However, I'm not casting a vote on this topic- I don't see the choice of "let the citizens vote" listed.
The SNP has been gaining support and membership- I think it's only a matter of time until the choice for separation is made.

As for MacEoghainn, The Stuarts were not in power when the Act of Union went into effect in 1707. Prior to that time they may have shared a monarch, but were two separate countries. Considering 'The Fifteen' and 'The Forty-Five' Scottish preference seemed to have lain with the Stuarts.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted on 06-Nov-2005, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (subhuman @ 06-Nov-2005, 09:29 AM)
As for MacEoghainn, The Stuarts were not in power when the Act of Union went into effect in 1707.  Prior to that time they may have shared a monarch, but were two separate countries.  Considering 'The Fifteen' and 'The Forty-Five' Scottish preference seemed to have lain with the Stuarts.

Since this topic has turned decidedly political (Not sure if Turkceltic meant it to be a political discussion) I've started a thread in Politics Live of the same title (and a revised poll).

My response to subhuman resides there.

Carry on. whistling.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Turkceltic 
  Posted on 06-Nov-2005, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

male

Actually ,i thought about this and decided to open it in here cos although the topic includes politics , thats about scotland and specifically about scottish people thats why i put it in here .But it realy doesnt mind wherever it is 4 me ...

About style of independency , as u know " the freedom don't given ,its taken " And people of Scotland will take it from England who hold the sovereignty. thats not going to be with peace and democracy - England never want a free scotland near of him.First thats realy dangerous situation from strategly ,second that'll be example for other nations and GB can collapse after all. Be sure, if there will be an referandum for Freedom, definitely wont be fairy ! So fight will be the only solution ! -
At last ,if scotland can be free , UK 'll be its biggest rival!
Maybe Ireland and Scotland going to establish a ConFederation (as like first formation of USA ,and feature it turns to Celtic Federation ,thats better solution i think. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Turkceltic 
Posted on 07-Nov-2005, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

male

and actually the topic is do u want to see free scotland or not ,but it turned to how can scotland be free or whats the ways ... anyways sadwalk.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted on 07-Nov-2005, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Don't feel bad. Sure, it was a bit poorly worded if that was the intent. But most threads here tend to drift smile.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Eiric 
Posted on 08-Nov-2005, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

I'd like to see a free Alba - Tha mi ag iaraidh an Alba saoirse! I am planning on moving to Scotland and become a citizenship of Alba is way cooler than become a citizenship of Great Britain!

--------------------
Anam Ceilteach

About Indigenous Peoples
If you ever needed a Gàidhlig dictionary

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever

Tha gach uile dhuine air a bhreth saor agus co-ionnan ann an urram 's ann an còirichean. Tha iad air am breth le reusan is le cogais agus mar sin bu chòir dhaibh a bhith beò nam measg fhein ann an spiorad bràthaireil

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever
PMEmail Poster               
givo 
Posted on 03-Jun-2006, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Im first generation scot but i live in Australia i think that all of the celtic nations need each other and England they may not like it because England has control over them
but over time if the people vote for the S.N.P. and scottish resistance groupes then it will happen.

one other thing why doesnt Alba just drop out of the commonwealth like Fiji and south africa did and then go from there.

slainte. ALBA GU BRATH

givo
PMEmail Poster               
teashoci 
Posted on 05-Jun-2006, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: glasgow

male

QUOTE (givo @ 03-Jun-2006, 08:02 PM)
Im first generation scot but i live in Australia i think that all of the celtic nations need each other and England they may not like it because England has control over them
but over time if the people vote for the S.N.P. and scottish resistance groupes then it will happen.

one other thing why doesnt Alba just drop out of the commonwealth like Fiji and south africa did and then go from there.

slainte. ALBA GU BRATH

givo

you are completely ignorant of scottish economics and politics, scotland has a higher gorss domestic output than england and can easily sustain itself if it was to gain independance.

according to government documents exposed to the public by the freedom of information act this has been well known throught out conservative and labour government's for decades.

your lack of knowledge regarding scottish affairs convinces me you are not infact scottish for a scotsman to say such degenerative rubbish like you have is the same as having his spine surgically removed.
PMEmail Poster               
Siarls 
Posted on 19-Jun-2006, 04:13 AM
Quote Post

Student of Modern Celtic Languages
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: The Lliw Valley, South Wales

male

Why does remaining part of Britain mean losing our freedom?
I don't want Wales or Scotland to be independent (sorry), but I'd like us to have more control. I don't see why being part of the United Kingdom means subjugation by London.

And I do also agree that the Celtic Nations need each other - we need to support each other. The Welsh are as ignorant of other Celtic cultures as are the other Celts. Many people to whom I speak here are even unaware of the Breton and Cornish Languages - the very sister languages of Welsh!

--------------------
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i´m gwlad
Tra môr yn fur
I'r bur hoff bau
O bydded i´r heniaith barhau
PMEmail Poster               
teashoci 
Posted on 19-Jun-2006, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: glasgow

male

cornish independance as well as welsh holds no kind of interest for me, I support an independant and republic scotland.

Information regarding scotlands economic attributes to britain have shown the sheer volume of revenue from north sea oil , gas and major energy and water supplied abroad and to england have been hidden from the scots.

The shows the current union with england has caused scotland inward economic revenues to suffer resulting in a weaker scotland.

But lets not put this down to money, by annexing the rouge unified state that is britain, i belive a scottish identity will flourish especially as i personally would like to see scotland remain in the european union.

we cannot make these decisions ourselves regarding englands westminister and the control it has over legislative diplomocy concerning the scottish and european parliments.

we can only make our own decisions and allow our scottish economy and identity to flourish if we cut off the dead leg that is england.

PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted on 10-Jul-2006, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Hello -- just want to post this link to an article in today's Scotsman, "Independence Inside UK 'Is Possible' ", and then a long discussion section of postings by readers.

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1003252006
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]