Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,833 Gold!

Ok, I just wanted to weigh in on this thread.

There have been some questions about a few bugs in the game, such as the forum threads being deleted. Understand that those will be looked at but it is going to be a while as we are developing a homepage for Medieval Kingdom and I think that is more important to get all of the parts working. The auction is a center piece of this game and I've got some great prizes to auction off that are of a medieval theme.

So while I would love to fix those bugs righ away, I think a certain amount of time needs to pass so we can identify everything that needs a tweak.

Some of the news items you receive are deleted once you receive them. We don't want to overload the database with needless saved messages. Such as news, once read, it disappears. Our homepage for this will store all news items we send out.

And finally, I am going to create a disclaimer for this game. It is impossible for me, our moderating team and the super admins to sort peoples issues out here. So this game is going to be an unmoderated game. Part of the fun of a game is role playing, and taking on a character, whether good or evil, to create your persona.

We are not going to be getting involved in peoples business here, so be warned that if you wish to play this game then you are going to have put up with a bit of noise from unhappy players or people that don't think things are fair.

Perhaps in a way this will mirror what the real medieval world was - ruled by itself and the people, kingdoms and rulers that got things done. No matter how unfair it was.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ranger 
Posted: 01-Sep-2008, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

WOW!!! All of those posts just raised all of your post rating percentages, didn't it? biggrin.gif

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 01-Sep-2008, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 01-Sep-2008, 07:38 AM)
Ok, I just wanted to weigh in on this thread.

And finally, I am going to create a disclaimer for this game. It is impossible for me, our moderating team and the super admins to sort peoples issues out here. So this game is going to be an unmoderated game. Part of the fun of a game is role playing, and taking on a character, whether good or evil, to create your persona.

We are not going to be getting involved in peoples business here, so be warned that if you wish to play this game then you are going to have put up with a bit of noise from unhappy players or people that don't think things are fair.

Perhaps in a way this will mirror what the real medieval world was - ruled by itself and the people, kingdoms and rulers that got things done. No matter how unfair it was.

Hi Paul,

I cannot agree more. For if some people take it at heart when it's only a game meant for fun...well that's their problems.

However if I may,I would like to invite people to practice diplomacy and act in a civilized manner in not using the "private message" as a medium to send personal attacks on another member. Even though the game will not be moderated it doesn't mean that it should become a place for insulting other members.

Just a friendly reminder and my two pence.

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
subhuman 
Posted: 01-Sep-2008, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

WOW!!! All of those posts just raised all of your post rating percentages, didn't it?

Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out a way to raise it above 100%- which is where my rating has always been since the system was implemented. smile.gif

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,507 Gold!

Perhaps some folk who are unhappy with the actions of others will want to get together and develop a "Code of Chivalry" that contains formal ways of handling communications and attacks, other disputes and diplomacy. If that were done, I think everyone should have a chance to contribute their ideas and feelings on what is appropriate. Maybe someone wants to study up on the original codes of chivalry that were common in the medieval period in order to have some sort of guide. (not me, I'll go with what most folks want, I just have ideas) I'm fairly certain that the original codes had no mention of flaming e-mails. smile.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,833 Gold!

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 05-Sep-2008, 05:42 PM)
Perhaps some folk who are unhappy with the actions of others will want to get together and develop a "Code of Chivalry" that contains formal ways of handling communications and attacks, other disputes and diplomacy. If that were done, I think everyone should have a chance to contribute their ideas and feelings on what is appropriate. Maybe someone wants to study up on the original codes of chivalry that were common in the medieval period in order to have some sort of guide. (not me, I'll go with what most folks want, I just have ideas) I'm fairly certain that the original codes had no mention of flaming e-mails. smile.gif

Wow, we have a number of books on the Code of Chivalry that we will be using for donations and for our auction. It is an awesome book.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

That's a great idea TheCarolinaScotsman. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Wise, VA

male

I feel so dishonored, being attacked by 2 kingdoms with no prior email notification!!!!

shame shame *rolls eyes*

and here I thought you were honorable players. I guess they should delete this whole topic here as it seems you like to be the black kettle and the black pot haha

--------------------
ALBA GU BRATH
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

I feel so dishonored, being attacked by 2 kingdoms with no prior email notification!!!!

Surely you are not referring to me attacking, as can be read in my first post in this thread:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...showtopic=12273

you were warned.

Unlike some, I did attempt diplomacy before violence.
PMEmail Poster               
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

You surely did not read the rest of my post or you just do not understand sarcasm from whatever unearthly realm you claim to come from thumbs_up.gif

Although you were not the only one I was referring to you can now be included. Yours and Stevenpd's attacks soon come upon my doorstep and still I can find a reason to smile hmmmm seems i don't take this game as seriously as some. ORRRRRRRRR I believe in the old cliches Eye for an Eye and All is fair in love and war. I have the love in my real life and welcome war in this "life" if that's what it's called.. apparently this is all some of you have, you intertwine it into your own life like it is going to affect the way your going to live tomorrow.

I welcome both of your armies to attack me, I would rather play this game and have people attacking me and vice versa than to sit here and buy a gold miner and lumberjack all day. that's what this game is about and I"m excited to actually have something to do on here. Maybe some of you should step back and realize also that this is just a game and enjoy it while you can. Win or lose against either of your armies i have no wounds on my body my mind still intact and the love of my fiancee waiting on me. I"m not sure if you are physically wounded when you are attacked or just emotionally scarred one. Enjoy the battle mates CHEERS!

Oh and sub just for your info when i attacked someone earlier, I gave warning to all that there would be an attack to someone above me in the rankings, I then posted on that same forum to let it be known as to who was being attacked, and then the game itself sent a warning as well.... so I hope your claims of dishonorable do not fall upon my ears when you refer to me
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,833 Gold!

There is no rule that you have to warn someone of an attack in this forum or email. Attacks can happen at any time!
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

Never said there was Celtic, I was simply making a statement as to about the others whining at the beginning of the game not receiving warnings via email when they were attacked. My post was an attempt at pokign fun at that. I could care less if i was warned or not. I couldn't help but smile when I seen a kingdom from Vineland approaches and should be at your kingdom within 4 months. and then when i seen that yet another army was coming towards me at the same time, I think the corners of my mouth touched my ear, because all the complaining about what was going on in this thread and like 1 or 2 others was basically just to help people's post ratings because no one is adhereing to what they complained about in the first place. I was nice enough to post in the forum who i was attacking before i ever did, but I don't really want to know until I see in blue letters You have 1 piece(s) of unseen news and i see i'm being marched upon. This is a game and i'm having a blast at this in everyway, I just wish others could do the same and not take it so personal ya know?
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

I just wish others could do the same and not take it so personal ya know?

Aye, I agree....as Ombudsman of the Wolf Clan....I decree this is just a game (FGS), let's hae some fun, Aye!!!!! biggrin.gif
PM               
subhuman 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

You surely did not read the rest of my post or you just do not understand sarcasm from whatever unearthly realm you claim to come from thumbs_up.gif

I never claimed to come from any unearthly realm. If you're going to make claims about me, please be accurate.
You're writing in plain text, which is not always easy to convey sarcasm with. In this case, it looks to have failed.

ORRRRRRRRR I believe in the old cliches Eye for an Eye

...Which is what triggered this attack from me.

I"m not sure if you are physically wounded when you are attacked or just emotionally scarred one.

That's akin to a loaded question like "have you stopped beating your fiance yet?" Neither answer is "safe." Either you used to beat her and stopped, or you still beat her.
Similarly, you've placed me into one of two categories, neither of which are correct.

Oh and sub just for your info when i attacked someone earlier, I gave warning to all that there would be an attack to someone above me in the rankings, I then posted on that same forum to let it be known as to who was being attacked, and then the game itself sent a warning as well.... so I hope your claims of dishonorable do not fall upon my ears when you refer to me

Did you read the first post in this thread? Two names were mentioned, neither of which were yours.

Never said there was Celtic, I was simply making a statement as to about the others whining at the beginning of the game not receiving warnings via email

a) it wasn't whining, it was a warning to others to beware of such behavior. It appears that the warning was justified, as earlier Skeleman experienced the same.
cool.gif I never said it had to come via e-mail. I never specified any one particular method for that matter. Again, if you're going to make claims about me, please be accurate.

Here's a scenario for you:
If France were to invade Spain tonight, what do you expect would happen? I'll bet you anything that there would be a whole load of press conferences over the incident. I'll bet that Spain would also warn other countries to beware of such behavior from France.
How is this different from what I did?

Is this, or is this not supposed to be a role-playing game? I seem to recall it having been promoted as one. The leader of any sovereign nation would respond much along the lines of how I did.

I would rather play this game and have people attacking me and vice versa than to sit here and buy a gold miner and lumberjack all day. that's what this game is about

Where do you get that information that this game is about that? I believe it was promoted as a way to accumulate gold to use in RL auctions and account upgrades.
War runs counterproductive to that goal. In every battle that I've seen results of so far, both attacker and defender have lost much more gold than they have gained by battle. In fact, the most gold I've seen captured from an enemy is a whopping 6 gold pieces. That's not worth losing even the least-expensive of units over.
Every time you attack someone, pull a random amount of currency out of your wallet and burn it. In effect, that's exactly what you're doing. Every attack sent out decreases the attacker's real-life buying power.
PMEmail Poster               
Shenaniganz247 
  Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

geez you really just don't know when to shut up and play the game do ya?

i'll tell you what next time you see a haha or a hehe or a lol in text that usually means someone is having a good time or laughing or even oh my gosh having fun!

and i've told you that I gladly await your attack. victorious or not I shall enjoy playing "the game"

and as to my fiancee you can leave her out of this because i bring no one but YOU into this assface. I will make my claims against you not anyone else in your family. I simply said I did not understand if you could actually take this game as it is. A GAME! you seem to take every battle thrown at you as a personal attack to your character and not the character you play in this game but your life character

also i didn't say you called me out in the first post of the thread I was telling you that when i attacked someone I let them know that they were being attacked so that you would not see me as you claim a dishonorable person. I guess maybe I should have put it in future tense for ya

some people are here to play the game not score free swag from the website. so maybe playing the game to some people are worth more than actually winnning a cd that you wanted but were too cheap to buy

I'm done talking to you you are a pompous ass who I wish to ever have any further contact with and will not respond to you. Best of luck in "the game" my friend I will not take personal shots at your family but will eventually take shots at your kingdom
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]