Eclectic_Stag 
Posted: 31-Jan-2004, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: York

male

I've just recently started to use the Tarot and I'm working with the Morgan-Greer Tarot (well I am a beginner after all). I'm just wondering how many of you use the Tarot and which Decks do you prefer?
PMEmail Poster               
jaynebylak 
Posted: 31-Jan-2004, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

female

Hi. I use Tarot regularly. Have been reading them for over 13 years. I have gone thru several different decks on my way to fiding the RIGHT one for me. I have finally found it. I use the Celtic Dragon deck. I love it. I have alway been interested in dragons so it is just cool. Have fun learning...it is a good trip into the spiritual path you have chosen to follow.
Jayne
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 01-Feb-2004, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

I use several decks but my first Deck ever and Most Favorite Deck is my Celtic Dragon Deck.

I am still a beginner also (only using for 2 years) but I find that before using a deck it is best if you charge it & then Sleep on the deck for 3 nights. this lets the cards and you get to know each other. I have perchased decks that I absolutly loved but when I slept on them I had noting but nightmares so badly that my husband woke me because I was screaming. So always becareful and make sure if the deck isn't suited to you , that you can return it and exchange it for a different deck.

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
RavenWing 
Posted: 02-Feb-2004, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

I have read tarot for about 6 or 7 years now. But, it has been intermittent, and I am still a novice. I wilsh I had more time to devote to it.

My favorite decks are:

Universal Waite (great for general readings)
Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg (very intense)
Sacred Path (great for personal introspection)

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 03-Feb-2004, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

I've read Tarot for about 20 years off and on. I use my mother's old deck and do not know what kind of card it is. Still an amature but enjoy it, nevertheless. My daughter was learning but stopped to deal with her 4 kids. When she's ready I'll give her the deck that her grandmother used.

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
maisky 
Posted: 03-Feb-2004, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ Feb 3 2004, 06:07 PM)
I've read Tarot for about 20 years off and on. I use my mother's old deck and do not know what kind of card it is. Still an amature but enjoy it, nevertheless. My daughter was learning but stopped to deal with her 4 kids. When she's ready I'll give her the deck that her grandmother used.

Next time I'm at the river we will have to have to tipple a little Tullamore and you can do a reading for me.... biggrin.gif I am sure you have a touch of 'the gift'. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 04-Feb-2004, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (maisky @ Feb 3 2004, 05:29 PM)
Next time I'm at the river we will have to have to tipple a little Tullamore and you can do a reading for me.... biggrin.gif I am sure you have a touch of 'the gift'. thumbsup.gif

Mom taught me to read the cards. Should say she taught me how to see what turns up. Really amazing stuff. Haven't read in a few years. Couldn't find the cards. Think mom was hiding them. They turned up a couple weeks back. In the drawer I'd emptied many times looking for them. So, when you come for visit I'll have refreshed my tallons and will read.

I cut back on the readings when I saw one of JJ's friends was going to die. He did.

unsure.gif
maisky 
Posted: 05-Feb-2004, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ Feb 4 2004, 09:11 PM)
Mom taught me to read the cards. Should say she taught me how to see what turns up. Really amazing stuff. Haven't read in a few years. Couldn't find the cards. Think mom was hiding them. They turned up a couple weeks back. In the drawer I'd emptied many times looking for them. So, when you come for visit I'll have refreshed my tallons and will read.

I cut back on the readings when I saw one of JJ's friends was going to die. He did.

unsure.gif

I clearly understand that the readings done by a talented reader are not a joke.
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 06-Feb-2004, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

A question, then, about Tarot Decks. I've read conflicting opinions in several books about where your deck should come from. Some books say that a Deck should always be given to you, not purchased by the Reader(is that the right term for the person who uses the Deck?). Other books say you should buy several Decks for yourself, and use them according to which feels right for the situation. unsure.gif What have you all found to be true?

Thanks,
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
JaneyMae 
Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I've not studied the issue of who has which deck where and why. It is a good question and I'd like to know.

I was going to look at mine and see what kinds they are and possibly how old but they're gone again. Wish I knew where they kept running to!
maisky 
Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ Feb 7 2004, 01:10 PM)
I've not studied the issue of who has which deck where and why. It is a good question and I'd like to know.

I was going to look at mine and see what kinds they are and possibly how old but they're gone again. Wish I knew where they kept running to!

It is currently mating season for Tarot decks, so it may be off looking to get laid. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I knew there had to be a logical explanation!
maisky 
Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Let me know if you don't find the family deck (I have sometimes suspected you might be short a few cards.. tongue.gif ). If you can't find them, I will mug a gypsy, errr, I will buy new ones. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 08-Feb-2004, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Short cards? Oh hehe lol.gif Make sure the new deck is from a reputable gypsie!! Er store!!
RavenWing 
Posted: 09-Feb-2004, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ Feb 7 2004, 01:12 AM)
A question, then, about Tarot Decks. I've read conflicting opinions in several books about where your deck should come from. Some books say that a Deck should always be given to you, not purchased by the Reader(is that the right term for the person who uses the Deck?). Other books say you should buy several Decks for yourself, and use them according to which feels right for the situation. unsure.gif What have you all found to be true?

Thanks,
Dreamer1

All of the above!

THe best deck I ever had was a gift. However, I have had wonderful results with decks I have purchased myself. The best thing is to look at them and see if they "call to you". I don't buy one unless it does. I bought my Russian Tarot at a mall of all places, and it called to me from across the hall.

PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]