Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,944 Gold!

An Irish Ghost Story; The Banshee of Dunluce Castle

There are many tales of ghosts that roam the dark brooding fortress of Dunluce Castle (Irish Gaelic – Dún Libhse). This famous Celtic Dunluce Castle stands on a rocky crag on the northeast coast of the island of Ireland in County Antrim. Parts of the castle, which was the headquarters of the Clan MacDonnell, date back to the fourteenth century.

First built by the Irish noble Richard Óg de Burgh in the thirteenth century, the earliest documented records from 1513 show that at that time it belonged to the MacQuillan family before being taken by the MacDonnell’s. However, the outcrop on which it stands has a history of human involvement that goes back many centuries to ancient times. The site of Dunluce Castle has been seen as significant both spiritually and strategically and has often been fought over.

Many people have met their deaths on this rock that stands high above the sea with sheer dropson all sides. Now the ruined castle on its summit can only be reached by a narrow bridge from the mainland. Within its cold grey stone walls there have been reports of ghostly sightings and apparitions for hundreds of years.

Read more about this Irish Ghost Story from the CelticElegance...

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 26-Oct-2017, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Wonderful! I love good ghost stories and October here is always a treat. Thank you!

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]