Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Our Turtle Clan Mother sent this to me.

Elder's Meditation

"Indians living close to nature and nature's ruler are not living in darkness."
Walking Buffalo, STONEY

There are many Indian people who are living according to nature and according to ceremony and culture. They may not have a lot of material things, but that doesn't mean they are not successful. What is success anyway? Can success be measured by material things? What is it we are really chasing anyway? The Elders say that what everyone really wants is to be happy and have a peaceful mind. Material things by themselves do not bring happiness and peace of mind. Only spiritual things bring happiness. When we live a spiritual life we will not have darkness. Instead, we will be happy.

Great Spirit, today, let me walk the Red Road.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"If those bad words come, I let them come in one ear and go out the other. I never let them come out of my mouth. If a bad word comes in your ear and then comes out of your mouth, it will go someplace and hurt somebody. If I did that, that hurt would come back twice as hard on me."
Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA

What do we do with temptations when they come? What do we do when we hear gossip? What do we do when we hear bad things? If we hear these things and pass them on we will not only hurt the other person, but we will do harm to ourselves. We must be careful not to hurt others. Whatever we sow we will simultaneously reap for ourselves. We must be accountable for our own actions.

Great Spirit, today, let no words come from my lips that would hurt another.
PMEmail Poster                
urian 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

"You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth."
-Kahlil Gibran

"Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
-Kahlil Gibran, "The Visit of Wisdom"

"Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed."
-Kahlil Gibran, "A Handful of Sand on the Shore"

"The tears that you spill, the sorrowful, are sweeter than the laughter of snobs and the guffaws of scoffers."
"Zeal is a volcano, the peak of which the grass of indecisiveness does not grow."

"Hallow the body as a temple to comeliness and sanctify the heart as a sacrifice to love; love recompenses the adorers."
-Kahlil Gibran, "Beauty"

"We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them."
-Kahlil Gibran, Sand and Foam

"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
-Kahlil Gibran, "The Voice of the Poet"

"All that spirits desire, spirits attain."
-Kahlil Gibran, "The Poet of Baalbek"

"Pain and foolishness lead to great bliss and complete knowledge, for Eternal Wisdom created nothing under the sun in vain."

"Nor shall derision prove powerful against those who listen to humanity or those who follow in the footsteps of divinity, for they shall live forever. Forever."

"What is this world that is hastening me toward I know not what, viewing me with contempt?"

"Generosity is not giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is giving me that which you need more than I do."
-Kahlil Gibran, Sand and Foam

"I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art."

"Knowledge cultivates your seeds and does not sow in you seeds."

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers."
-Kahlil Gibran

"Coming generations will learn equality from poverty, and love from woes."

"Life without liberty is like a body without spirit."
-Kahlil Gibran, "The Vision"

"Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit."

"If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved."

"Where is the justice of political power if it executes the murderer and jails the plunderer, and then itself marches upon neighboring lands, killing thousands and pillaging the very hills?"

"What do the nationalists say about killers punishing murderers and thieves sentencing looters?"

"The person you consider ignorant and insignificant is the one who came from God, that he might learn bliss from grief and knowledge from gloom."

"The eye of a human being is a microscope, which makes the world seem bigger than it really is."
"They consider me to have sharp and penetrating vision because I see them through the mesh of a sieve."

"A poet is a bird of unearthly excellence, who escapes from his celestial realm arrives in this world warbling. If we do not cherish him, he spreads his wings and flies back into his homeland."
-Kahlil Gibran, "The Poet of Baalbek"

"We were a silent, hidden thought in the folds of oblivion, and we have become a voice that causes the heavens to tremble."
-Kahlil Gibran, "Children of Gods, Scions of Apes"

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms."
-Kahlil Gibran, "The Philosophy of Logic"

"If the grandfather of the grandfather of Jesus had known what was hidden within him, he would have stood humble and awe-struck before his soul."

"Cast aside those who liken godliness to whimsy and who try to combine their greed for wealth with their desire for a happy afterlife."
-Kahlil Gibran, "Beauty"

"I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit."

"Rebellion without truth is like spring in a bleak, arid desert."

"What difference is there between us, save a restless dream that follows my soul but fears to come near you?"
-Kahlil Gibran, "The Captive King"

"I existed from all eternity and, behold, I am here; and I shall exist till the end of time, for my being has no end."
-Kahlil Gibran, "Anthem of Humanity"

"Time has been transformed, and we have changed; it has advanced and set us in motion; it has unveiled its face, inspiring us with bewilderment and exhilaration."

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being."

"Would that I were a dry well, and that the people tossed stones into me, for that would be easier than to be a spring of flowing water that the thirsty pass by, and from which they avoid drinking."
-Kahlil Gibran, "My Soul Is Heavy Laden with its Fruits"

"Poverty is a veil that obscures the face of greatness. An appeal is a mask covering the face of tribulation."

"Wisdom stands at the turn in the road and calls upon us publicly, but we consider it false and despise its adherents."
-Kahlil Gibran, "Between Reality and Fantasy"

"Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy."
-Kahlil Gibran

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 18-May-2004, 01:13 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"But I have learned a lot from trees: sometimes about the weather, sometimes about animals, sometimes about the Great Spirit."
Walking Buffalo, STONEY

Nature is the greatest teacher on the Earth. Nature produces many different plants, animals, trees, rocks, birds, insects and weather patterns. Nature designed all these various things to grow and multiply while at the same time live in harmony with each other. We can learn a lot of we observe and study Nature's system of harmony and balance. Today, go sit on a rock and quietly observe and ask to be shown the lessons.

Great Spirit, Nature is my teacher. Today, let me be the student.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Put the Glass Down

A lecturer was giving a lecture to his student on stress management. He raised a glass of water and asked the audience, "How heavy do you think this glass of water is?"

The students' answers ranged from 20gm to 500gm.

"It does not matter on the absolute weight. It depends on how long you hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it is OK. If I hold it for an hour, I will have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you will have to call an ambulance. It is the exact same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." "If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on, the burden becoming increasingly heavier." "What you have to do is to put the glass down, rest for a while before holding it up again."

We have to put down the burden periodically, so that we can be refreshed and are able to carry on. So before you return home from work tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it back home. You can pick it up tomorrow.

Whatever burdens you are having now on your shoulders, let it down for a moment if you can. Pick it up again later when you have rested...

Rest and relax.

Life is short, enjoy it!!
PMEmail Poster                
urian 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

A wise man is not always a learned man and a learned man is not always a wise man.~Lao Tzu
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (urian @ 02-Jun-2004, 01:05 PM)
A wise man is not always a learned man and a learned man is not always a wise man.~Lao Tzu

Very True! wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 03-Jun-2004, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"It's time. If you are to walk the path of heart, then it is time..."
Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If not now, when? If not me, who? To walk the path of the heart is a great honor. Every human has the choice to walk this path, but very few will decide to make it. Why? Well, because you can't act and behave like everyone else behaves. You must be the person who will learn to look within. You must be the person who will be fully accountable for yourself. You must be the person who prays and meditates. You must be the person who will sacrifice. You must decide to be a Peaceful Warrior. What will you decide today?

Oh, Great Mystery, lead me on the path of the heart.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 09-Jun-2004, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"All the stones that are around here, each one has a language of its own. Even the earth has a song."
Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA

To believe that every tree, plant and insect can talk takes an open mind. Go by yourself into nature and sit quietly. Then pick up a rock and listen to your thoughts. After a while, put that rock down and pick up another rock. Your thoughts will change. These are the voices and wisdom of the Stone People. Each one has different wisdom and they are willing to share their wisdom with you. Many of the Stone People are very old and very wise.

Great Spirit, let every rock and leaf be my teacher.
PMEmail Poster                
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 15-Jun-2004, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

An old Cherokee woman is teaching her granddaughter about life. "A fight is going on inside me," she said to the girl. "It's a terrible fight and it's between two wolves. One is evil - she is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good - she is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside you - inside every other person, too."

The granddaughter thought about it for a minute and then asked her grandmother, "Which wolf will win?"

The grandmother simply replied, "The one you feed."

-Author unknown

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 15-Jun-2004, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (BluegrassLady @ 15-Jun-2004, 12:46 PM)
The granddaughter thought about it for a minute and then asked her grandmother, "Which wolf will win?"

The grandmother simply replied, "The one you feed."

-Author unknown

Bluegrass Lady,

These are very wise words indeed. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 17-Jun-2004, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"Without a sacred center, no one knows right from wrong."
Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

In the center of the circle is where the powers reside. These powers are called love, principle, justice, spirtual knowledge, life, forgiveness and truth. All these powers reside in the very center of the human being. We access these powers by being still, quieting the mind. If we get confused, emotionally upset, feel resentment, anger, or fear, the best thing we can do is pray to the Great Spirit and ask Him to remove the anger and resentment. By asking Him to remove these obstacles, we are automatically positioned in the sacred center. Only in this way do we know right from wrong.

Great Spirit, allow me this day to live in the sacred center.
PMEmail Poster                
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 21-Jun-2004, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

ATTITUDE by Charles Swindall

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude of life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we can in charge of our Attitudes.
PMEmail Poster               
urian 
Posted: 21-Jun-2004, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
PMEmail Poster               
Annham 
  Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

QUOTE (BluegrassLady @ 21-Jun-2004, 06:13 PM)
ATTITUDE by Charles Swindall

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude of life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we can in charge of our Attitudes.

All of these quotes are very good... I especially like this one... I think it is very true.
Thanks Bluegrass Lady.
smile.gif
Anne

--------------------
“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.”

~ Dalai Lama
21st century spiritual and political leader of Tibet and Nobel Peace Prize winner (1989)
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]