> Who Should Be The Next President
John Clements 
Posted: 14-Sep-2007, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

What about Edwards and Obama, since everyone keeps saying that Kucinich hasn’t got a chance. I’d bet that Kucinich would win hands down, (and I don’t mean sliding our hands along the bottom of public toilet partitions) if everyone would stop analyzing this (you know what), and vote for the best man.

Sorry guys and gals, but Clinton is just more of the same.

IMOEACHMENT IS… VITO PROOF!

JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 14-Sep-2007, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 14-Sep-2007, 12:24 PM)
What about Edwards and Obama, since everyone keeps saying that Kucinich hasn’t got a chance. (I’d bet that Kucinich would win hands down, (and I don’t mean sliding our hands along the bottom of public toilet partitions) if everyone would stop analyzing this (you know what), and vote for the best man.

Sorry guys and gals, but Clinton is just more of the same.

IMOEACHMENT IS… VITO PROOF!

JC

John, we agree on Hillary Clinton? Man, that's scary! Next thing you know you'll be sitting in my church, tithing, and singing in the choir . . . NAAAHHH! tongue.gif

Have a great day, John. Appreciate your candor and the way you force me to think!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 15-Sep-2007, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

I find it vastly amusing that the Republicants are MIA here with their "wonderful" candidates. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 15-Sep-2007, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

I know you were making a general statement, Maisky old pal, but I already stated my preference for Duncan Hunter and/or Ron Paul. Definitely don't think any of the front runners are all that wonderful.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 15-Sep-2007, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (maisky @ 14-Sep-2007, 12:51 PM)
I look forward to the Clinton/Obama pair as the Democratic team to lead the next administration. They are two of the smartest people in politics. It will be a refreshing change from Dumb and Dumberer.

In theory there's a lot of brains and charisma there, as a pair, but I don't think either one of them fancies the notion of being the other one's running mate for VP. Obama has said so flat out. It's a pity, but there's gonna be no time to play with ego adjustment -- whoever inherits this unholy mess has to be ready to work ten minutes after the inauguration speech, with a committed and fully willing partner.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-Sep-2007, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 14-Sep-2007, 12:51 PM)
I look forward to the Clinton/Obama pair as the Democratic team to lead the next administration. They are two of the smartest people in politics. It will be a refreshing change from Dumb and Dumberer.

If that happens, the governor of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich, is gonna hit the ceiling with his helmet hair. The way he's been acting, you'd think he wants to be Hillary's running mate.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
SCShamrock 
Posted: 16-Sep-2007, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 15-Sep-2007, 06:56 AM)
I find it vastly amusing that the Republicants are MIA here with their "wonderful" candidates. rolleyes.gif

Maisky, this is a time in our country where many of us should force ourselves to be utterly honest. The reason Republicans are being so silent could well be the reason I have been so silent. There is NOTHING left of the Republican party that remotely resembles what once was a common ideology. The same is true for Democrats. I know people are used to reading my statements in defense of the Republicans and in condemnation on the Democrats. However, I feel there is not a single person aiming for the White House that is worthy of the spilled blood of Americans who have fought and died for their beloved country. And I think those who fully support any of the "contestants" are settling. Sure, there are people who will claim that a candidate is just what the country needs. But really, if someone is brutally honest, can they truly claim that any of these politicians are in harmony with what they think America is supposed to be about? I doubt it seriously.

More honesty. I will now give a sincere apology to those here who, in the past, I have lambasted for their criticism of Bush. Like so many who supported Clinton for two terms and have lived to regret it, I have been supportive of Bush...to my chagrin. In fact, I think the past 16 years have devastated our nation in ways from which she may never recover. Bush has set the stage in which generations of the world's nations will hate us immensely. From foreign policy, to economic damage, to mass invasion of emboldened illegal immigrants, etc., etc., we are weakened beyond measure. But most egregious is the way in which our constitution has been bastardized. When that document has been diluted, "interpreted", and pawned to death, what will we have left?

So who should be the next president? In short...I have no idea. Anyone who reads this would be an improvement over the current administration.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 21-Sep-2007, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (SCShamrock @ 17-Sep-2007, 12:51 AM)
Maisky, this is a time in our country where many of us should force ourselves to be utterly honest. The reason Republicans are being so silent could well be the reason I have been so silent. There is NOTHING left of the Republican party that remotely resembles what once was a common ideology. The same is true for Democrats. I know people are used to reading my statements in defense of the Republicans and in condemnation on the Democrats. However, I feel there is not a single person aiming for the White House that is worthy of the spilled blood of Americans who have fought and died for their beloved country. And I think those who fully support any of the "contestants" are settling. Sure, there are people who will claim that a candidate is just what the country needs. But really, if someone is brutally honest, can they truly claim that any of these politicians are in harmony with what they think America is supposed to be about? I doubt it seriously.

More honesty. I will now give a sincere apology to those here who, in the past, I have lambasted for their criticism of Bush. Like so many who supported Clinton for two terms and have lived to regret it, I have been supportive of Bush...to my chagrin. In fact, I think the past 16 years have devastated our nation in ways from which she may never recover. Bush has set the stage in which generations of the world's nations will hate us immensely. From foreign policy, to economic damage, to mass invasion of emboldened illegal immigrants, etc., etc., we are weakened beyond measure. But most egregious is the way in which our constitution has been bastardized. When that document has been diluted, "interpreted", and pawned to death, what will we have left?

So who should be the next president? In short...I have no idea. Anyone who reads this would be an improvement over the current administration.

Well said SCShamrock.
Well, we could always give Ralph Nader another shot. Like I’ve said before, in my mind he’s as close to Abe Lincoln, as we’ll ever see. (That is, even if good old Abe was a republican)
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 23-Sep-2007, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (SCShamrock @ 16-Sep-2007, 11:51 PM)

I'm finally out of intensive care after reading this post. rolleyes.gif

I have to congratulate SCShamrock for his maturity and bravery in posting this. Thanks, my friend. Now we can move on to disagreeing on the candidates. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 23-Sep-2007, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Couldn't agree more with SCShamrock. The Republican candidates I like have little or no shot. I have also looked at the Constitution Party, but they still have yet to show that they can field candidates with a reasonable chance of winning.

My dad was a life long Democrat who taught me to vote for the man, not the party. I have tried to uphold that teaching. All I can say right ow is that if this is the best field of candidates that the major parties can offer, we are truly in sad shape.

Who knows? Maybe Duncan Hunter or Ron Paul can make a game of it.
gwenlee 
Posted: 23-Sep-2007, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

So far there isn't anyone that has put his/her hat in that I would vote for. No way would I vote for Hilliary.

As far as the mess this country is in it is the fault of everyone that was voted in, regardless of their party. Personally I think we need to fire everyone and start all over. I think our leaders have forgotten the people that they were elected to represent. I like to think there is hope.

And while we are at it can we get rid of the AFLCIO?

Oh by the way, I consider myself a conservative. I have voted both democrat and Republican.
John Clements 
Posted: 24-Sep-2007, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Given that I believe that fundamental change is what America needs most of all. The following list of democratic candidates would be my choice for president, in the order as I have listed them below.

Dennis Kucinich
Mike Gravel
Christopher Dodd
Bill Richardson
John Edwards
Barack Obama
Joe Biden
Hillary Clinton

And if I could ask the first two questions at the up and coming democratic debate, I would ask them all. What they intended to do about NAFTA, the WTA, and the war in Iraq. (also in that order)

As fare as the Republican candidates are concerned, I don’t think they’re worth thinking about, especially Rudy Giuliani.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 09-Oct-2007, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Saw a nice graph on MSN that lists each of the candidates on what they believe on what issue. Might come in handy. I don't know how bias it is or how accurate the info is contains is. I would have like to see more issues up there but it gives an idea were eaach of the candidates stand. Some of the views are backed up with video footage, etc.
Here is the link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21116732/

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 10-Oct-2007, 12:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,429 Gold!

There is one man who I believe would make a great president, but he will never run--Powell. Kucinich has some appeal, but I don't know enough about him. Hillary is tied to the "Clinton machine". By the time a new president is sworn in, the Bush and/or Clinton organizations will have been in power for 20 years; do you really want four more? I certainly don't. I think an Obama-Edwards ticket (no preference for who's top of the ticket) would easily win the election. Both of them seem to have new ideas and both seem to be trustworthy. Haven't made up my mind yet, but Edwards and Obama are my front runners right now.

SCShamrock hit the nail on the head in many ways. Many of us have become completely disillusioned with one party or the other or ALL politics, but we must not drop out of the system. Vote for who you believe in. Even a vote for a losing candidate will help give credibility to his or her position on the issues. Perhaps enough credibility to catch the winner's attention.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
haynes9 
Posted: 10-Oct-2007, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 10-Oct-2007, 12:38 AM)
SCShamrock hit the nail on the head in many ways. Many of us have become completely disillusioned with one party or the other or ALL politics, but we must not drop out of the system. Vote for who you believe in. Even a vote for a losing candidate will help give credibility to his or her position on the issues. Perhaps enough credibility to catch the winner's attention.

Couldn't agree more, Scotsman. Some of us who have voted Republican for a long time are being "bullied" by the powers that be with the old line "You may not like our guy, but you HAVE to vote for him/her! If you don't, the bad guys will get in office!" Hang that! I'm going to vote for the person/persons with which I philosophically and politically agree. I don't waste my vote when I vote my conscience and keep my core beliefs. If the "powers that be" want my vote, start giving me some credible candidates and quit telling me who YOU think is credible. I will decide that for myself, thank you very much! I still think Duncan Hunter and Ron Paul are the ones I like the best since they have a history of upholding that little document that everyone talks about but no one reads . . what is it? . . Oh, yeah, the Constitution!

OK, I'm done with my rant . . . for now. Think I'll go listen to some preaching. Hey John, want to join me wink.gif !

Have a great day, All!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]