Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Do You Believe In God?, Just write down if you believe or not.
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 22-Jun-2008, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 22-Jun-2008, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 22-Jun-2008, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 21-Jun-2008, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (DesertRose @ 20-Jun-2008, 06:44 PM)
Ok, can I take this further?!  Leave it to me!  laugh.gif

Many people believe in God, even the demons from Hell do.  So I have to ask who is your God? Is it Jesus Christ or someone else?  Just an honest question! That's all! Not trying to be confrontational here, just would like to know............cause I am also nosy!  tongue.gif  Thanks!

Desert Rose;

I do not believe in a God I believe in a "Creator" and the "Creator" is the UNIVERSE.

Camac.

Then who created the universe? laugh.gif

NovaScotian;

No one created the Universe it has always existed and is continually evolving.
It is the Alpha and Omega.

Camac.

The universe had to have been created. Since it's constantly being created. I had a Science techer years ago in University who I asked this question to and he refused to answer it . So What happened in the beginning? How was the universe created? It had to have had a beginning.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 22-Jun-2008, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

The universe had to have been created. Since it's constantly being created. I had a Science techer years ago in University who I asked this question to and he refused to answer it . So What happened in the beginning? How was the universe created? It had to have had a beginning.

Not really. If the universe is infinite in all directions, it is just as likely to have ALWAYS been in existence!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 04:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

We can see the Universe. Or only a very small fraction of it. It moves. New planets and stars and whole galaxeeds are always being created and destroyed. The thought here is it just is and always and always will be? I find that very hard to believe that the Universe was not created. It had to come into exsistance some how.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 04:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Sorry about the spelling and grammer on the last post. Just woke up. wink.gif sad.gif
PMEmail Poster                
John Clements 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 22-Jun-2008, 06:54 PM)

Not really. If the universe is infinite in all directions, it is just as likely to have ALWAYS been in existence!

beer_mug.gif

That makes sense to me, Dogshirt.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 23-Jun-2008, 05:32 AM)
We can see the Universe. Or only a very small fraction of it. It moves. New planets and stars and whole galaxeeds are always being created and destroyed. The thought here is it just is and always and always will be? I find that very hard to believe that the Universe was not created. It had to come into exsistance some how.

NOvaScotian;

There is a theory that our Universe is a part of a greater Universe just like the cells in our body constantly changing and renewing. Almost like a coral reef growing in the Ocean. This makes a lot more sense to me than having a God wave his hand with the pronunciation "Let there be."

Camac.

Nova Scotian 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 23-Jun-2008, 07:38 AM)
NOvaScotian;

There is a theory that our Universe is a part of a greater Universe just like the cells in our body constantly changing and renewing. Almost like a coral reef growing in the Ocean. This makes a lot more sense to me than having a God wave his hand with the pronunciation "Let there be."

Camac.

Well I'm sure you can see that your not going to convince me no matter what because I can go further and say what is the what that causes it all to work? What is the source? What makes it all happen and another big question is why? People have tried to convince me there is no God but so far it hasn't worked.
PMEmail Poster                
maisky 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

As Bella Abzug said: "Well, first of all, She is black".

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Well I'm sure you can see that your not going to convince me no matter what because I can go further and say what is the what that causes it all to work? What is the source? What makes it all happen and another big question is why? People have tried to convince me there is no God but so far it hasn't worked.

When my son was at the age where evry word out of his mouth was "WHY?"(grrrrr), I came up with the ultimate answer......"Ask your mother."

beer_mug.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 23-Jun-2008, 09:53 AM)
NOvaScotian;

Camac.

NovaScotian;

I for one am not trying to convince you that there is no God. If you take comfort and solice in the belief of a Supreme Being then that is your right and I commend you for it. I have never nor will I ever ridicule or berate an person for there beliefs I just require that I be given the same courtesy.

Camac.

Nova Scotian 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 23-Jun-2008, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 23-Jun-2008, 09:53 AM)
NOvaScotian;

Camac.

NovaScotian;

I for one am not trying to convince you that there is no God. If you take comfort and solice in the belief of a Supreme Being then that is your right and I commend you for it. I have never nor will I ever ridicule or berate an person for there beliefs I just require that I be given the same courtesy.

Camac.

Camac
I agree. I'll never hate you or anyone for what you believe.

To Dgoshirt

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHY! tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster                
stoirmeil 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 23-Jun-2008, 11:37 AM)

When my son was at the age where evry word out of his mouth was "WHY?"(grrrrr), I came up with the ultimate answer......"Ask your mother."

beer_mug.gif

See that, NS? You have only to ask the Mother. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Yes, I believe in God..God is a spirit and we worship him in spirit and truth. I can't imagine life without believing!!!
Ya'll have a good day!!! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Virtually all of our knowledge is based on something that was accepted purely on faith in the beginning. For that reason, I believe there is a God that I can't see and accept his existence purely on faith.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 25-Jun-2008, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

The Black Death, Malleville, Antioch, Jerusalem, Drogheda & Wexford, the Black '47, Sharpsburg, the Somme, the influenza epidemic of 1918, Nanking, Auschwitz & Bergen-Belsen, Babba Yar, Rwanda, Bosnia, Fallujah, Gaza, et alia ad nauseum.; in times of humanity's greatest need, God has been most conspicuous by His absence.

I strongly suspect that God is merely an imaginary friend for grownups.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]