Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ 17-Sep-2004, 10:08 AM)
But you do not address the fact that your Jesus called himself " the son of man" . Your quote of Mal:4.2 is a proof of my original question.
Is it Sun or Son? Jesus used the old testiment to his advantage, he quoted many OT passages to his point that he was what was predicted.
There is proof that during his "missing time" that he studied under the teachers of the East and much of what he taught at that time was based on what is now called "Eastern Religion"; a far cry from the norm of the day.

Do not get me wrong, I am not disrespecting your beliefs, but trying to open your eyes to a greater understanding of the whole concept of the spiritual world.

Sorry, OK briefly..

Yes Jesus is the Son of Man and the Son of God, I can supply texts later if you wish.
So that is Son, as we understand Father and son, not Sun.

As to the "missing time" there is no proof in the Bible, which is the only reliable record for me.
That notion was put forward in the book "the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ", but I believe it to be pure fantasy.
To suggest that a young Jesus would go to learn the ways of the heathen when the scripture forbids that is anathema. Believe it if you wish, but no Bible scholar does.

I spent years as a Buddhist and teacher of yoga here, in India and elsewhere, this much I know - there is no way the teachings of Christ can merge with those of Buddhism, Hinduism or any other eastern belief, they are diametrically opposed.

Christianity teaches One God and one path to God, through believing the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and one life only.

1Co 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Eastern belief teaches many gods and many roads to god, as well as many lives thru the cycle of birth and rebirth.

No direspect taken my friend, I enjoy your posts, but spiritual enlightenment to truth comes only as a gift from the One Creator God through the Holy Spirit and is freely given to those who ask.
It is also only revealed within the pages of the Bible. I read other works, but only one is given truly of God and can be proven to be so.

To return to the darkness of occult belief would be to throw that gift back in the Face of the One Who died to set me free from such darkness.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

I have studied religions for almost all my life and my mother is a "minister of god's word". I hear comming from her lips that the books of the bible are only stories for the people of those times...this is what is being taught in your seminaries...!

I would differ with your mother here, the Bible is for all times and all Ages

Jesus said: Mat 5:18 " For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." It is accepted that He refers to the law as written in the Bible.

I do know that very liberal theology abound in cemetaries, sorry, I mean seminaries biggrin.gif but they diminish the power of the Word of God by such beliefs.

God wants us to know the full power and beauty of His love, His Plan and Purpose.

This is available to all who choose to believe fully in what the Son came to do and become His disciples.
Shadows 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I do not dispute the One Creator, what I do dispute is the fact that the current bible is the word of that creator.

Jesus to me was a great teacher needed at the time he lived, no I am not Jewish, but there are many teachers since that need to be listened to.

Do you not find ironic the trinity... the number 3 was sacred to all way before christianity was even a concept.

The message of all religion is :

tolernece
love
forgiveness

It does not matter how many gods you need to accomplish that... it is the basic truth of the message.

And I do believe in the many roads needed to attain true spirituality...

If it were not for church and government we all would be "vibrating" on the same level... the control of our minds and spirits would be nullified and we all would be equal and living the "truth" as the creator, gods or godesses want us to be... the deitification of being is man made... we can all attain the level of existance that is required to be truely spiritual on this earth if we understand and use the knowledge that has been afforded us... Live, Learn, Teach, and Love; for your actions are accountable.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
MacAibhistin 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacOak

Realm: northern Canada - somewhere between the treeline and civilisation

male

Shadows, I really like your posts. I do need to question the idea that the message of all religion is :

tolerance
love
forgiveness

For many religions, especially the less dogmatic ones, such as Native North American religions, there was not always a tenant of forgiveness. It should also be noted, with regards to our Judeao-Christian heritage, forgiveness was not always a practise - especially in OT times. One last example, the fundamentalist Islamists who took/take part in their holy Jihads are definitely not big on tolerance or forgiveness. I could use more examples, but I think we all get the point.

Rory
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

First let me appologize for my posts being here in the Kirk and Chapel thread... I had thought I was replying in the Religion, Science,etc. ... thread!

I practice Native American beliefs and forgiveness is a basis ... if something or some one was taken in need you applogise for your action and explain your need to do so...if you take something you need, you replace it 3 fold... it goes on...There are many forms of tolerence.

As for the Islamic fundamentalist.. they are not much unlike our Christian fundamentalist.... they believe blindly, without thinking, and often act out violently... and don't tell me christian fundalmentalist don't perform violence... the KKK is a Christian fundalmtalist group even though most of you dont claim them. How about the anti- abortionests, need I go on? As I have said all the controversy is man made... put it aside and examine your reason for being... you will find we all are on the same path!

I will not respond here on this topic any more, as it was my mistake to present my opinions here in the first place... I had promised the moderator that I would not.
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

I for one have no objection to the posts here, but it's not my forum.

1. My belief in Christ began and remains independant of church and state. It is a personal committment to God. ( I do believe in church attendance)

2. Christians who believe the Bible in a literal way are in no way like Islamic fundamentalists, as much as the heathen architects of language might like to associate the two.

3. Anyone can call themselves Christian, but if they practise hatred and violence, such as KKK, they are disqualified and their deeds will be judged by God at the last Day.

4. Adherents to Islam are being consistent with the teaching of the Koran, which advocates the destruction of those who will not convert.

That is not the Way of Christ, He gives us free choice, but while warning us of the ultimate consequence of unbelief, sin and disobedience, but we remain free will creatures. God made us that way.
Shadows 
Posted: 16-Sep-2004, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 16-Sep-2004, 09:20 PM)

4. Adherents to Islam are being consistent with the teaching of the Koran, which advocates the destruction of those who will not convert.

That is not the Way of Christ, He gives us free choice, but while warning us of the ultimate consequence of unbelief, sin and disobedience, but we remain free will creatures. God made us that way.

Ok so I streched the truth some Elspeth, I have to reply to this, then I am gone!

The Koran as well as the Christian bible states that all will perish if the beliefs of the said document are not adhered to! They are refering to a spiritual banishment, not a physical death! It is the fundalmentalist of both religions that take things to the max, not the every day believer. Ain't it grand what a fanactic can do!?!? wink.gif

I suggest you re-read the Koran, it is not unlike the books you profess to believe.
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 04:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

So back to the topic, I've been searching yet again for more info about the Celtic Church, where and how it exists today.

I must say that a lot of what I've found is somewhat dissappointing, here are a few sites I did think had some merit.

See what you think..

Firth's Celtic Scotland
http://www.cushnieent.force9.co.uk/index.html

The Foolish Cross (has some useful info)
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/6389/

If anyone knows of other sites perhaps you could add them here.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Tassie! You found some really good sites I think. I tried to look up some myself to add to here, but just could not find any that were that good as what you found. Many thanks!

There has to be some good books out there on Celtic Christianity as well.........probably on Amazon.com. I will have to check that out next! smile.gif
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 17-Sep-2004, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Glad you like them Rose, I will keep searching for more.

I also have some links on my home page, but a couple of sites have closed.
www.camriversigns.com.au/home
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Sep-2004, 03:18 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Here's a beginner's book I found on Amazon.com

An Introduction to Celtic Christianity
by James P. MacKey

Elspeth 
Posted: 18-Sep-2004, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Man, everytime I miss a few days a topic gets hoppin on here. biggrin.gif

Glad to see the discussion flowing so politely. rolleyes.gif

Enjoy all. smile.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]