Harlot 
Posted: 10-May-2009, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

OMG get ready Ladies we have it can't wait!!!!!!!!

YES, we do have a pub date!!

An Echo in the Bone will be published (always assuming that I finish writing the dang thing one of these days Right Soon Now) on September 22, 2009! Or at least that’s what Random House says in their catalog copy (see below).

“The eagerly anticipated seventh novel in Diana Gabaldon’s worldwide bestselling Outlander saga (seventeen million copies in print!) is a masterpiece of historical fiction from one of the most popular authors of our time! [modest cough. Look, I didn’t write the headline, OK?]

Jamie Fraser, erstwhile Jacobite and reluctant rebel, knows three things about the American rebellion: The Americans will win, unlikely as that seems in 1777; being on the winning side is no guarantee of survival; and he’d rather die than face his illegitimate son—a young lieutenant in the British army—across the barrel of a gun.

His time-traveling wife, Claire, knows that the Americans will win, but not what the ultimate price may be. That price won’t include Jamie’s life or happiness, though—not if she has anything to say about it.

And in the relative safety of the 20th century, their daughter Brianna and her husband, Roger, watch the unfolding of her parents story in the past—a past that may be sneaking up behind their own family.”

[yes, yes, yes, Young Ian is in the book. So is Rollo, the White Sow, and all kinds of other interesting people, but they only gave me 120 words to write a synopsis with.]

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 11-May-2009, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Ooh! Thanks, Harlot! I have been awful about keeping up with the new book, so thanks very much!

Rindy! Are you serious?! I thought perhaps I was being rather obnoxious having that photo of me and Diana in my sig. I may put it in my profile pic though. wink.gif I am like you in that I am still reading ABOSAA. To answer your question, we don't do lunches with Diana anymore. She's always too busy...the nerve that she must write all these books! LOL She does several book signings at a book store an hour from me where she lives, but they're always at night and I don't like driving that far at night. So I see her when I can...during daylight hours! tongue.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
leenie 
Posted: 10-Jun-2009, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,764 Gold!

OMG...can't wait to read the next book...I love the Frasers and can't wait to see what happens next with the whole bunch of them...I'm not patient...not patient...not patient! Can't wait can't wait...
Emmalou 
Posted: 29-Jun-2009, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

female

I agree with you Leenie...became "hooked" last year and didn't put a book down until I had read the whole lot of them...now I am on the second Lord John book and looking forward to the third..can't wait until this Fall to see what happens next with Jamie and Claire....
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 07-Jul-2009, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

The latest issue of Scottish Life (got mine at Barne's and Noble) has an entire article on the Outlander tour with pictures of Dana and the Fraser castle. Check it out if you can get the issue.
http://www.scottishlife.org/

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Choriambic 
Posted: 02-Sep-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Hello, this is my first posting to this thread -- about the fifth altogether now. (Been enjoying the music for over a year but didn't realize the richness of this community!)

So, imagine how thrilled I am that one of the recent postings is Diana G. sharing that the next book in her series is about to arrive! One neice who also loves it is turning 40 this week and NOW I have a cool present to send to her.

Sorry Diana about the irksomeness of publishers limits on mktg copy. I've been working in the area for over 25 years (which has greatly sidetracked my own writing efforts) and we're in service to providing bits of copy geared to how quickly and much we hope those readers we want to gather for authors will give to us. And, the booksales reps and the bookstore buyers--they are REALLY tough on what they expect done within 8 or less seconds.

Can't wait to tell my mom the next book is coming!! When will the illustrated one be available? Mom was an American cadet nurse, so somewhat like Claire in the first book and I know she'll love it.
PM               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Sep-2009, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

DesertRose I was serious about your signature picture. I thought it was a great picture of the two of you. Ok, I finally finished A Breath of Snow and Ashes what a great book. I am ready for the new book. Can anyone tell me if it is out now? I sure hope so as I am having withdrawls. lol.

Nice to meet you Choriambic1950 as you can see there's lots of Diana Gabaldon fans here.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 15-Sep-2009, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

For you twin cities people I was at the Har Mar Mall (Snelling Ave) in Roseville this weekend and Diana will be there October 1st for the release of the new book. Wish I could go and get a copy of Outlander signed but its on a Thrusday and I have to work.
here's the Info
http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/60961
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Sep-2009, 10:08 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks Robert, was there in May pooh-won't work for me now. Sucks you have to work. Do you have a friend who could run it by for you. It wouldn't be the same but at least it would be signed.

Thanks for the information, I take it the paper back isn't out yet. *whew I barely finished A Breath of Snow And Ashes in time. I didn't really want to read the Lord John Grey series.

Thanks again Robert

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
  Posted: 16-Sep-2009, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Rindy - Echo in the Bone will be in our (Canada) stores on Tuesday, September 22 biggrin.gif I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! wub.gif I hope it's in the States the same date or earlier for your reading pleasure biggrin.gif
PM               
jbarron 
Posted: 16-Sep-2009, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Denver, CO

female

I reserved Echo In the Bone at my local library...I am 100th on the list. LOL
And the book doesn't even come out until the 22nd.

I can't wait to read it but in the same token, I don't want the stories to end. Will be interesting seeing what comes next though.

In the meantime, I read all the Lord John books and have been enjoying them as well.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 17-Sep-2009, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I just came back form wal mart and they had the book . About $21. I think I'll wait for paperback though. Is till have to finish Morgan Llywelyn's 1999 to find out what happened to Ursala's son adter he went off to fight in the 1972 irish troubles.
I also just finshed Galway Bay by Mary pat Kelly. Still in hardcover but highly recommended. Learned alot about the Kelly clan of which I am a proud to be a part of.
Kellys Abu!
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 22-Sep-2009, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Yay! Got my copy of Echo. 814 pages of bliss.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Oct-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

The book store kept running out of Echo In The Bone so I ordered it off ebay. I can't wait to get it. I was going to wait for the paper back but I couldn't.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Oct-2009, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! I am supposed to see Diana next weekend for a book signing. I wonder if there will be any books available at that time as I have yet to purchase the new book! Yikes!

Guess I had better check on that! cool.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]