Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Darlene, check out all the genealogy postings, there are 6 different topics, right now. All of them will give you some ideas on how to start, where to look and keep checking back here, we all add new information all the time.

Keep good and organized records. Document everything that pertains to your family. After a while, all the bits and pieces start coming together and make sense.

If you get stuck or are confused about doing something, just ask. We have enough people on here that can steer you in the right direction.

Let us know about your triumphs. That's one of the best parts about our discussions.

We can't stress this enough to everyone:

DON'T GET DISCOURAGED AND HAVE FUN!!
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 11-Jan-2004, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Here's a site that contains many town web pages for the British Isles. If you know the town your relatives are from, maybe, there is a site and they have a genealogy section. Or you can always plan a vacation by checking through the towns and see what's interesting.

http://www.orion-arts.com/villages/
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 11-Jan-2004, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Mike for the information! You are a gem!

Right now I am discouraged cause I keep searching for this one 3rd great-grandmother of mine. She is an Allison but was an indentured servant for the Underwood family. I joined Genealogy.com hoping to find some information but no luck. I have sent out messages to the different boards. Maybe I should be looking under Underwood instead. I read somewhere where the servant a lot of times takes on the surname of family they work for. I have found that Allison is a Scottish surname,but have also found listings of that surname in Ireland as well. Gee, just three generations. Didn't think it would be that difficult!....lol
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 11-Jan-2004, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

I have heard that also. It's certainly worth a try to check that name. Could be your only lead.

Haven't come up with anything new. I just keep checking all sorts of pages. If I find something of interest for everyone else, I post it on here. I might just as well make myself useful that way.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 11-Jan-2004, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Very glad that you are, Mike! I appreciate all your input and I am making copious notes with it all. You have certainly helped me a lot and I am sure many others who may not post, but they're reading it and probably taking notes too! Thanks again!
gzola 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: saskatchewan

female

Celticrose I know the excitement in finding new link in the ancestor search. The search can be exhausting, especially if you've a family like mine that doesn't show up anywhere, but when you find someone, wow, it's nice. Good luck.

Lucinda note.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Sep-2004, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Lucinda! And welcome to CelticRadio, btw! smile.gif Nice to have you here!

I am learning lots from all of you. The more I learn about surnames, I realize that just because they are of Scottish in origin, does not mean my ancestors came from there. So that is hard and makes the search harder. I always thought I had Scottish ancestry as well, but learning that my ancestors might have been more English and Irish than I always thought. unsure.gif

Rory here seems to have a wealth of knowledge about the Scots whom I am learning a lot from. Thanks Rory! wink.gif smile.gif

A Shrule Egan has incredible knowledge about the Irish! thanks Mike! wink.gif smile.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 28-Sep-2004, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 28-Sep-2004, 03:41 PM)
A Shrule Egan has incredible knowledge about the Irish! thanks Mike! wink.gif smile.gif

Rose, are you trying to butter me up. If so, just send the bottle of Mondavi my way and we'll call it even. biggrin.gif angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Sep-2004, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Mike! I am not trying to butter you up! I have no need to as you have already provided more than enough help for us all here! Thank you so much and I owe you a bottle of Mondavi for sure! How much does that stuff cost anyway? wink.gif laugh.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]