Posted: 09-Aug-2006, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

"Not enough volunteers were on board, and the finances needed to fund the event were not available due to the pre-event expenditures required for the postponed Nov. 2005 Event and the "cancelled due to rain" Event in February. The members of the executive committee would like to take some time, reorganize, recruit new volunteers and plan and hold fund raising events to support the next event."

Please please, if anyone ever knows that there is a Festival near Tallahassee, Fl please pm me as soon as you can. My fiance and I have never been to a real festival. We have gone twice to a very small gathering of Celtic folk in our small town of Chipley. This is, as we have heard, nothing to compare to the festivals in larger cities. We had our chance to go to the Tallahassee Celtic Festival in 2004. In 2004 my fiance couldn't make it, so we didn't go. In November 2005, it was postponed due to the fact that "Katrina" had stopped the support and volunteers from other states. This past February...bc of rain. We went anyway and watched some sports in the rain. Our tickets, they told us would be good for August when they would try again. I still have the tickets. Today, I read again that the August festival will be canceled due the above mentioned reasons. Okay so sorry to lay all that out there, needed to vent. But if anyone has any info on a nearby festival we would really really appreciate it. Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]