Bookmark and Share
wisteriamomma 
Posted: 17-May-2007, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

female

Hi everyone. I have been doing genealogy search for my family lines and one of those is Kintyhtt ( some family members have dropped 'htt') through the years and in my generation it is Kinty. But in today's search I saw where this site was as someone had posted about Kintyhtt info. I too am from Leroy Kintyhtt line. He was my great grandfather and from Green County, Pa across the WV line a few miles. My question is this...I have posted on other genealogy sites and like the one letter I found here we can go back to them owning property in Green County but I can not take our family heritage back any further because his father Daniel may have come from overseas. I always thought name was German but perhaps it is not. My grandma said when she was first married my grandfather his aunt she thought spoke German. But that is problem because Kintyhtt is not found anywhere in Germany. I have checked other sites and spoken with people in Germany. Does anyone who may have checked on this name know what origin it is. If it is German then the spelling or pronunciation changed when they arrived in the US in 1800's. That is the only thing I can figure. But anyways it is so nice to find this site and to be able to ask someone for help. I love doing family genealogy and it is something I started a year ago when my husband died. It has been a wonderful searching experience and I even went to Green County for a few days about a month ago but just met up with a brick wall with the Kintyhtt spelling. Be blessed. Patty in WV
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 17-May-2007, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello and welcome to the Celtic Radio forum. I hope you will enjoy the music as well as the wonderful people that are here on this forum. I don't know if you saw the Culture & Heritage Section of the forum under it there is a Genealogy thread it may be of use to you. I know there's a lot of information on this site alone. I wish you all the luck in finding out the answers to your questions of your family heritage.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 17-May-2007, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Hel -...um, Argyll...

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

C'mon down to the genealogy section, the water's fine. smile.gif

Just a thought off the top of my head...he may not have been German, but German-speaking. That could make him from Switzerland, Alsace-Lorraine, Austria, or a few other places.

Meanwhile, welcome!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 18-May-2007, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hello, Patty, from the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona. Glad you found Highlander Radio! I don't have nay answers to your genealogical questions, but you might check Ancestry.com if you haven't already done so. I do a lot of research there.

Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
wisteriamomma 
Posted: 18-May-2007, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

female

Oh my goodness I love your Scriptures you posted on your welcome. It is so nice getting to find this site and it was by accident that I did. I am member of Ancestry.com so I have done researching from their site. I am so sorry I posted wrong question on this introduction part of the site here. I went to the genealogy section and posted a question and so maybe someone can help me there. Oh yes, I would never have even thought that they might have been from a different area of Europe and just spoken German. I should have thought of that one as I am running into brick walls in this search for family information. Well must sign off and thank you all for your warm welcome. Blessings. Patty in WV
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-May-2007, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

QUOTE (wisteriamomma @ 18-May-2007, 01:01 PM)
Oh my goodness I love your Scriptures you posted on your welcome. It is so nice getting to find this site and it was by accident that I did. I am member of Ancestry.com so I have done researching from their site. I am so sorry I posted wrong question on this introduction part of the site here.

Welcome Patty. It is good to have you and no worries about posting it in your introduction. We are not like other website forums that make a big deal of that stuff.

I'm glad you found us and please make yourself at home. West Viriginia is beautiful country!

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Muircheartach 
Posted: 22-May-2007, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hello Patty!

I read your post last week but was too busy at work to respond with my welcome - it's a bit less chaotic today, however, so now's the time to send my greeting!

I'm glad that you found us and I know that you'll like the people here. We have a great group that have always made it their lot in life to welcome newcomers and make them feel like family, which of course you are now!

As kin, please feel free to wander around your new Internet home and get a feel for what's here - lots of forums that offer a plethora of things to see and do! And as you've already noted, there's the music, too!

Have fun and I look forward to reading your future posts!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt