Posted: 12-May-2009, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

That is excellent news!

There both two and four legged "dangerous" creatures roaming the wilderness. One needs to remember that those cute fuzzy bears are carnivorous and if you are unarmed, THEY are at the top of the food chain. They are more than willing to provide you with a true "wilderness burial."

Some persist in the belief that if there were no guns ALL of God's creatures would live in harmony. Well, it just 'ain't" so!

Slàinte, 

Patch   

I STILL feel safer with the bears than the refuse that walks on two legs ALL the time!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

You are right. There is a considerable amount two legged trash out there that is more dangerous than any bear! They are harder to sort out too.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Not all skunks are named Pepe La Pugh!

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (flora @ 12-May-2009, 10:24 PM)

Flora

As we "mature" ( I like that word) your observation becomes all too apparent.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 12-May-2009, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

A Calif court rejected a lawsuit against gun maker Glock Inc. and a Seattle gun dealer stemming from a white supremacist's 1999 shooting rampage at a Los Angeles-area Jewish center and the murder of a postal carrier. All of the firearms in his posession were illegal though some were approved by BATF.

A 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals panel ruled that the2005 federal law shielding gun makers from lawsuits re: the criminal use of their products was constitutional.

The court rejected a lawsuit against gun maker Glock and a Seattle gun dealer stemming from a 1999 shooting at an LA area Jewish center.

There have been a number of decisions recently in favor of second ammendment rights.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 13-May-2009, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

QUOTE (flora @ 12-May-2009, 10:24 PM)

Flora

As we "mature" ( I like that word) your observation becomes all too apparent.

wheelchair.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 30-May-2009, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The state of Texas just passed a law (by a substantial majority) allowing students, workers and educators to carry concealed firearms on college/university grounds and buildings. I have yet to read the bill but will do so ASAP. Several other states are considering the same.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 30-May-2009, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The state of Texas just passed a law (by a substantial majority) allowing students, workers and educators to carry concealed firearms on college/university grounds and buildings. I have yet to read the bill but will do so ASAP. Several other states are considering the same. I do not know if teachers and adult employees in grade and high school were included.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 30-May-2009, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 30-May-2009, 07:20 AM)
The state of Texas just passed a law (by a substantial majority) allowing students, workers and educators to carry concealed firearms on college/university grounds and buildings. I have yet to read the bill but will do so ASAP. Several other states are considering the same. I do not know if teachers and adult employees in grade and high school were included.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif beer_mug.gif thumbs_up.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 30-May-2009, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

It is my understanding now (though not definite) that elementary and high school teachers and administrators will be allowed to carry firearms on school property also.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 30-May-2009, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Patch @ 30-May-2009, 07:18 AM)
The state of Texas just passed a law (by a substantial majority) allowing students, workers and educators to carry concealed firearms on college/university grounds and buildings. I have yet to read the bill but will do so ASAP. Several other states are considering the same.

Sounds like a plan -- they can cull each other for a while before they secede for good. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 30-May-2009, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The PLAN is those who have license to carry will stop the nut cases who come illegally with a grudge. The FACT that some will be legally armed should be a deterrent. Believe it or not, educators asked for this law!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 30-May-2009, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Patch @ 30-May-2009, 06:05 PM)
Believe it or not, educators asked for this law!

What's your point? I'm an educator so I should understand and agree with it? I don't think so -- it's a desperate solution at best. You seem to have some idea in your mind that a young person who carries a gun legally in an academic setting -- or a teacher, for that matter -- is all of a sudden promoted to some higher sense of responsibility and purpose, a permanent member of the good guys, and will never be the cause of the trouble, only the remedy "if, God forbid . . . ". This way, you either do a metal check every day on everybody and tally who's got the guns legally every time -- and they will get sick of it and get sloppy -- or you have an inherent risk at all times, not less because you're aware of it. How about routine checks for what's going on in the life of someone who is authorized to carry in the school? You want to keep track of armed adolescents under the pressures of school, relationships, job, etc.? They will know who the deterrant carriers are, and they will get creative and avoid them if they want to raise hell, until the damage is done. With any luck all you'll see is a rise of suicides in the bathrooms that don't involve anyone else.

This is strictly regional. State's law, state's call. Cull and secede at will.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 30-May-2009, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I am for it and hope the other six states pass it. You with your apparent distrust of your fellow man probably need a firearm worse than many people. I respect your choice not to have one if you wish but the rest of us have rights too!

If crime gets bad enough, I would not be shocked if NY passed a law allowing ALL law abiding people there to carry. There are more licensed to carry firearms (besides the police) in New York than in my state. The difference is politics is involved in obtaining a permit in your state.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 30-May-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Patch @ 30-May-2009, 06:33 PM)
You with your apparent distrust of your fellow man probably need a firearm worse than many people.

That's an interesting observation. If I'm as paranoid as you think I am, why the hell would you let me walk around armed?

I believe we were talking about the college setting, weren't we? I don't know exactly what Texas kids are like when you put a bunch of them in a university and grind them with the usual pressures. I doubt they are all that different. But I know our kids here down to the bone, and I know why assuming that good is good and bad is bad, and the difference should be obvious to anyone, is a sad and dangerous self-deception that isn't any more genuine a trust than you think I have (or don't have). But I suppose it beats having to admit how scarily random the whole thing is, and maybe even having to recognize how little your right to be armed makes your environment any more secure.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]