Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,433 Gold!

We are beginning the first stages of a new website to develop our domain CelticMusicRadio.com.

The plan is to take the best features of CelticRadio.net and move them into this new site. Not really a site redesign of Celtic Radio, but an extension website that will be:

1. Easy and quick to use.
2. Compatible with all major browsers, cell phones & ipods.
3. Limited in the number of features.
4. Feature these channels: Highlander Radio, CelticMoon, Celt-Rock-Radio and BlueGrassHills.

Any ideas you may have, feel free to post them here.

Also, for any developers out there, we are looking for help in the basic design of the site from a HTML, CSS, Javascript perspective.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ranger 
Posted: 04-Apr-2008, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Hope you don't get yourself overextended, Mac. BTW, I absolutely love celtradio. Thank you.

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 04-Apr-2008, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Personally, I get my CR fix sitting down and working at the computer, but for those people who have the surgically implanted iPods and cells, it would be really nice! Wish I had more tech chops to help, but I could probably put you back into the stone age just by walking into where you keep your equipment and staring around the room once.
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 04-Apr-2008, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

So when you say it'll be compatible with iPods, do you mean that you'll have Podcasts available. I wish you had podcasts so I can take the music on the road.

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 04-Apr-2008, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Any Html help I can give I offer!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Apr-2008, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,433 Gold!

There are no current plans to develop a podcast, but can not rule that out in the future.

By compatible we mean through a browser using one of the new mobile internet devices. That will be the first step.

Over extended smile.gif We've been overextended for years now!

As far as help, we are looking or any design ideas. This new site really needs to be light, quick and easy to use.

The focus will initially be on webpages for each of our channels. Will let you know as soon as we have some sorta of alpha stage working!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 06-Apr-2008, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,433 Gold!

I'd also like to mention, for those that are interested, is this is by no means a new totally stand alone website.

What we have done over the years is expand upon something called class functions. For example, the registration system, forums, music, etc. etc. use these class functions and we can wrap a completely new website around this functions.

For example, the registration functions: Signing up for an account; will work for both CelticRadio.net and our new website. Its just that it will look and feel completely different. But the account will function with both sites because we are using the same database and call routines.

We are deciding right now on the color scheme - most likely green will be in there and the design. Its going to be very light, load very fast.....

Everything will be cross browser compatible and simple to use. And again, our focus is not necessarily on providing 100 functions, but the scope will be limited to possible 10-15 functions focused on the music, musician and member.

Celtic Radio Founder accounts will fully function on this new site with enhanced features like CelticRadio.net.

Also, CelticRadio.net is not being replaced. This new site is an extension of CelticRadio.net, but in all honesty will look like a completely seperate site.
jime307 
Posted: 14-Apr-2008, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

I'll offer my Help, however, CSS and JavaScript are not my strongest points, are you going to put a Browser page that plays the Stations? I find it somewhat troublesome to go to the live 365 site and open a new window when I'm not on my PC to listen to CR so that could be helpful. if you do need some assistance I will offer what I can.

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-Apr-2008, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,433 Gold!

I can promise you the new site will be fast, easy and fun!

The main page will show coverart and songs playing for all 4 of our channels. There will be seperate pages for each channel. A new music lookup tool and higher quality previews of songs with a flash button.

Will let you know when work actually starts, we have a bunch of flowcharts here in our studio room. We still have a few items to take care of this month on CelticRadio.net and then we will be working 100% on this new site.
jime307 
  Posted: 17-Apr-2008, 12:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

Here; I have an Idea

Perhaps you could layout the Website sorta like this
user posted image
I know it's a bad sketch and not so attractive but you get the idea
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Apr-2008, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,433 Gold!

That is a great idea. I like how all 4 channels are displayed. I think we can use that! Thank you!

Right now we are looking at various development tools. PHP IDE and also thinking about RSS feeds.

Also wondering about the name for the new site.

Just so we are clear, the forums and this site are staying. This is merely an extension of our site that is going to be very simple, very focused on the music of all 4 channels.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]