Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 09-Oct-2006, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Get a load of this story. Last friday night we traveled to our sons football game, in another town. We planned to stop for pizza afterwards, so my wife grabbed the only cash on hand, a $50 bill.
After the game when we got to the pizza shop, she reached into her pockets and no money! The $50 was gone!! Since we typically have little cash lying around, this was particularly upsetting.
So the next morning, we had to go to the hardware store. I suggested we travel a little further and return to the location of last nights game. Well we got there and I walked onto the field where the wife thought she may have lost the money. Lo and behold, there it was lying right on the field!!
We were happy.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Oct-2006, 05:00 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

hello all! Great to see y'all and know what is going on in your lives.

ballydun, I remember the balloon contests in Albuquerque so well. Such a beautiful site.

Mike, how is your current job situation going?

JP! Your story was pretty funny and wow! How lucky you both were!

we had a bit of a rough week. My nephew had a heart attack this week! Boy! Was that ever shocking! he is doing well as doctors acted fast and got a stint in him as quick as possible. He was discharged from Cobb General on Thursday and appears to be doing very well, but has some other medical issues they are working on.

All else is going well. We are anxious for cooler temps though.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 10-Oct-2006, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 09-Oct-2006, 09:56 PM)
Get a load of this story. Last friday night we traveled to our sons football game, in another town. We planned to stop for pizza afterwards, so my wife grabbed the only cash on hand, a $50 bill.
After the game when we got to the pizza shop, she reached into her pockets and no money! The $50 was gone!! Since we typically have little cash lying around, this was particularly upsetting.
So the next morning, we had to go to the hardware store. I suggested we travel a little further and return to the location of last nights game. Well we got there and I walked onto the field where the wife thought she may have lost the money. Lo and behold, there it was lying right on the field!!
We were happy.

wow, you all were awful lucky you found that! but I am glad you did. fifty bucks is a lot of money...kwim? biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 10-Oct-2006, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 10-Oct-2006, 06:00 AM)

we had a bit of a rough week. My nephew had a heart attack this week! Boy! Was that ever shocking! he is doing well as doctors acted fast and got a stint in him as quick as possible. He was discharged from Cobb General on Thursday and appears to be doing very well, but has some other medical issues they are working on.

All else is going well. We are anxious for cooler temps though.

wow, sory to hear that. Hope everything is going better for you!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 10-Oct-2006, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 09-Oct-2006, 08:56 PM)
We were happy.

What a cool story, JP! that is just amazing. What were the odds of that happening?

Thanks for sharing such a neat story.

Hey Rose, we are praying for you! Hope things are much better this week. You take care and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
ballydun 
Posted: 13-Oct-2006, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Hello all. Nor much to report here (thankfully) everything has been quiet and sane.

Rose I am so sorry to hear about your nephew! How scary that is.

Marti, I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for all of the updates!

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy weekend! I will be thinking of all of you!
God Bless,

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 13-Oct-2006, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (ballydun @ 13-Oct-2006, 03:27 PM)
Hello all. Nor much to report here (thankfully) everything has been quiet and sane.

Rose I am so sorry to hear about your nephew! How scary that is.

Marti, I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for all of the updates!

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy weekend! I will be thinking of all of you!
God Bless,

Same to you, Barb! Looking forward to a visit to the store soon! Hope the holidays are busy for you as far as sales! Lord bless!
Senara 
Posted: 14-Oct-2006, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Good Saturday Morning Everyone?

What's so good about it you ask?? Well, I was hoping you could tell me. Heh....I'm at work as usual. Stuck here until noon and then have to run home bake some goodies for tonight's concert, print off some newsletters, find my !@#$ concert dress and if I'm lucky catch a nap.

I'm in for a busy day....has been even busier past few weeks. I've got a part-time job evenings doing data entry for a fundraising company besides my normal 45hr/week job. Let's just say that ShadowDF is getting a little worried about me cuz I'm stretching things too thin again....just wait until the holidays come up!

So this week I've been covering for someone here at work again. I've kinda modified how she organizes herself into something that anyone looking at it could understand. At least it would seem that way to me. Have to wait a couple weeks until we're both in the office so that I can explain things to her. She gets back from her vacation next thursday, but by then I'll be at Mom's.

Yes, my brother called and asked if I could take care of mom for a long weekend...seems he's taking his...well, I don't know quite what her association is to him these days...he's taking a woman and her 2 teenagers on a road trip to GA to visit her family. Since mom can't be alone because of her disability I'm taking a couple days off to head up there.

Maybe I'll get a chance to breathe in a week or so...until then I had best get back to work. Take care everyone.... walkman.gif

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Oct-2006, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! It is cooling down here in the desert. Supposed to be in the upper 80s this week.........this is very cool for us desert rats! LOL

All goes well. I have had a nasty chest and head cold this week and so crabbiness has taken over my most perfect personality! bwahahahahhahaha! rolleyes.gif

ballydun! Was watching the news this week concerning the balloon festival in Albuqerque! Gosh! I hope everyone is ok.

My nephew is reported to be doing and feeling much better. Thanks all for your good thoughts and prayers. My niece who has MS is not doing well though. Gosh, she is only 32 years old and is in horrible shape. makes me very sad.

Thinking and praying for you all! Keep us posted, ok?

Hugs!
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 17-Oct-2006, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi everyone,

Hubby and I had a great time at the St. Louis Scottish festival the weekend of Oct 6th and 7th. They had a calling of the clans at the opening ceremony Friday night. All clans that had representatives participated. Each clan's representative came forward with a lit torch and spoke of his clan, gave a clan yell(Clan Armstrong is here!!) then handed his torch to a man who then placed the lit torch in one of several holes in a 6 ft wooden tripod. Then with other members of his clan, they stood around the tripod. When the ceremony was done, there was over 40 clans represented. They all held hands to form a circle around the huge blaze of fire as a lone piper marched around the inside of the circle. Then a pipe and drum band marched through the circle and the clansmen (and the rest of us) followed them to the tent where the entertainment was held. It was very moving. We have never been to a festival with an opening ceremony like it.
We then spent a relaxing week in Fairfield Bay, Arkansas, returning home on Sunday. Thursday we are heading to the Stone Mtn games. It will be the first time at those games for us.

Rose..hope you are soon on the mend and back to your normal happy self! biggrin.gif

Senara..it's nice that you can have your mom for the weekend. My mom spends several months of the year with us, but she always looks forward to going up to Michigan to visit with my sister and my brother for a few weeks. She is there now, then she will fly to Florida next month for the winter. She will be back with us in April. Mom will turn 86 in February. smile.gif

Siobhan..so sorry about your daughter. At least she is alright. Eveyone uses poor judgement once in a while, and it sounds like the judge really let her have it. I doubt she will do such a thing again. tongue.gif

JP..I remember when you were going through a similiar situation with your son. He will surely appreciate having his license back. And having to pay higher insurance premiums will certainly be a reminder to him. wink.gif

gwenlee..hope the weather holds out for the games this weekend. It sounds like Sunday may be a wet one. I am really looking forward to it. We will be heading down on Thursday. smile.gif

Hope everyone else is doing well.

BGL

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Eiric 
Posted: 18-Oct-2006, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

Hello!!

So cool ye found the 50 bucks again - had it been me losing that amount of money I wouldn't even try to find it as I am under the curse of "if anything can go wrong when money's involved, it'll do"

Anyway, I am studying for a huge test on German grammar (funnily enough they do NOT accept body doubles during tests rolleyes.gif ) and I was in a hurry yesterday, so stressed as I was, I of course managed to misplace my backpack with all my books in on the subway. So, close to a major breakdown I went home where I figured I could sit and cry the night away (lol) and guess what - A ecuadorian lassie about my age had found it and it turned out she was living in the same block of apartments as me! What's even funnier is that I live in what is normally refered to as the "Gothenburg Ghetto" and everyone that does not live here has the strange notion that we all are but immigrants, robbers, rapists and gangs... Well, I don't know about the 90 years old lady in the flat under mine, but she's Italian so probably she really is the leader of a maffia... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Anam Ceilteach

About Indigenous Peoples
If you ever needed a Gàidhlig dictionary

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever

Tha gach uile dhuine air a bhreth saor agus co-ionnan ann an urram 's ann an còirichean. Tha iad air am breth le reusan is le cogais agus mar sin bu chòir dhaibh a bhith beò nam measg fhein ann an spiorad bràthaireil

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever
PMEmail Poster               
gwen 
Posted: 18-Oct-2006, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

congrats on the return of the backpack. hope your test goes well.

--------------------
warm heart, warm hearth
bring me to thee-
out of the world's bluster and bite.
i'll hold my children
in a place soft and light,
and welcome the wanderer
that knocks at my door.
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 18-Oct-2006, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hello everyone!

I'd been looking forward to visiting the Stone Mt. Highland Games again this year (Gwenlee, isn't it hard to believe its been a whole year since we met there!) but I won't be able to make it this year. Out of the blue this week we received a generous offer of materials and assistance in building a barn for daughter's horse so Saturday is when it will begin. Y'all be sure and have some fun on my behalf!

I've sure taken up some interesting new pasttimes since the horse got here: post-hole digger, fence builder, poop shoveler, groom, yeah I doubt that the grit under my fingernails will EVER come out! laugh.gif We just had the first big rain since the horse arrived, and this morning when we went out to see her we nearly died laughing: what is usually a beautiful dark coppery brown horse was this grey matted-mane thing that reminded us of PigPen from the Charlie Brown comics!! The only clean spot on that horse was her chest. Lucky me got to clean her up because daughter headed back to college last night after her autumn break. Glory sure enjoyed the grooming, and her eyes were half-closed in contentment by the time I was done.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Oct-2006, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Eiric - isn't it grand to find something that was once lost, but is now found?
After being away from here for three days (because of work) I see that I am still logged in! Oh well!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
PMEmail Poster               
Eiric 
Posted: 20-Oct-2006, 05:40 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

Yopety, I do agree! Ahhhrrrg... what am I doing online I should be practising German cunjugations and prepositions.

Ein junger rothariger Mann war immer online, obwohl er eigentlich Deutsch und die Grammatik der deutsche Sprache studieren musste....
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]